PDA

View Full Version : Future of Hallett

mitchntx
02-04-2011, 07:30 PM
http://www.nasaproracing.com/2011/01/nasa-introduces-the-new-centra.html

NAPA VALLEY, CA (January 28, 2011) The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce the introduction of the new NASA Central Region. The new region will focus on the central U.S. including the states of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas and will include track weekends at Motorsports Park Hastings, Mid America Motorplex, Heartland Park, Iowa Speedway, and the Hallett Motor Racing Circuit among others as the region grows.

Is Texas losing Hallett?

HoustonNW
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
The Texas Region now includes New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Louisiana according to this on nasaforums (http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37683) back in November.

Maybe it will be a joint Texas/Rocky Mountain/Central event? Just how many cars CAN you fit on Hallett anyway?

Fbody383
02-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Just how many cars CAN you fit on Hallett anyway? A lot... we've put 15 or 16 at once into turn 2.

Yeah... 30+ Duece fields... oh yeah...

Todd Covini
02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Todd Smith was at Harris Hill for the Instructor's Day. Great guy. They will be an excellent partner region for us as we all grow. We even spoke of helping them "seed" some classes in his first year. I told him if he needed to show some AI/CMC/944 strength, I knew a few people who might be interested in towing north a bit if it were worth our while! 8)

Will race for food & beer!

-=- Todd

mitchntx
02-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Todd Smith was at Harris Hill for the Instructor's Day. Great guy. They will be an excellent partner region for us as we all grow. We even spoke of helping them "seed" some classes in his first year. I told him if he needed to show some AI/CMC/944 strength, I knew a few people who might be interested in towing north a bit if it were worth our while! 8)

Will race for food & beer!

-=- Todd

Is there a "yes" or "no" buried in their somewhere?

I don't speak management ... 100 word non-answers escape me.

Todd Covini
02-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Texas will not lose Hallett this year....or if we were changing our schedule, I haven't heard a thing. Highly doubt that would happen.

However, there's nothing to say that the new Central Division doesn't pick up a few Hallett dates at other times in the year. The other Todd loves Hallett and I'm sure he'll be looking to run there.

Only Dave & Revkah can answer what our annual Summer Shootout looks like with the RM region and now Central region. If I were a betting man, it would likely be a huge crossover event with 3 regions instead of 2!!!

-=- Todd

mitchntx
02-05-2011, 04:40 AM
ah ... this year, no. Beyond, you don't know.

Alien
02-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Is there something stopping more than one region holding an event at Hallet? I'd imagine TX could still have it on their schedule, where all the RM, MW, and CR guys come down, play, and earn TX points. If CR holds an event there, I'm sure there'd be quite a few TX, MW, and RM guys that would make the haul to earn CR points.

rleng1
02-05-2011, 08:29 PM
You are starting to think like management. Great idea, and I'm there. Hallet in august has to be better than TWS in august.

HoustonNW
02-05-2011, 08:52 PM
ah ... this year, no. Beyond, you don't know.

Help me understand, why is there a question of Texas "losing" Hallett when the track is physically in the Texas region?

mitchntx
02-05-2011, 08:58 PM
The linked press release AND the quoted text from that release both say that HMRC is in the Central region, not Texas.

Like Gary asked ...

Is it possible for a single track to be in two regions?

Are there Yankee and Rebel only tracks in California or is there one that caters to both?

GlennCMC70
02-05-2011, 09:19 PM
The linked press release AND the quoted text from that release both say that HMRC is in the Central region, not Texas.

Like Gary asked ...

Are there Yankee and Rebel only tracks in California or is there one that caters to both?

Accually, the article states what tracks are considered w/in the Central Region. The Central Region is defined by a list of various states. The Texas Region has a similar list of various states. Both regions include OK as part of thier Region. If there was a press release of what tracks were considered to be w/in the Texas Region, I bet Hallett would be on it.

And I do think NorCal and SoCal have some tracks they both run on.

HoustonNW
02-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Oklahoma is not a part of the Central Region according to the linked press release or the quoted portion above.

That's why I keep asking the same question. Why is there discussion about "losing" a track that is in the Texas region?

GlennCMC70
02-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Oklahoma is not a part of the Central Region according to the linked press release or the quoted portion above.

That's why I keep asking the same question. Why is there discussion about "losing" a track that is in the Texas region?

You are correct. My bet is the above quote mentioning Hallett will be to draw folks from the new region to Hallett to grow the region.
As Todd Covini said - "seed the region".

mitchntx
02-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Wayne ... Glenn ... I guess I'm not reading it how you guys are.

First of all ... I asked a question if it were true. I never proclaimed it was happeneing. Just need to be clear on that.

Second, the questions stems from the first paragraph of the press release. It clearly announces the formation of a NASA Central Region and then outlines the target area and the tracks that will be included in that area.

Alien
02-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Both regions include OK as part of thier Region.
I'm pretty sure Rob planted the Texas Flag car into the ground at Hallet first, so we win. :D

roadracerwhite
02-06-2011, 09:20 AM

Like Gary asked ...

Mitch, the GL and the MW region both share Putnam, Gingerman, and this year Road America even. We have crossover events throughout the year.

I don't see it as loosing Hallet but gaining other possibilities for tracks to race at and building another region in the middle of the rest.

Bryan

mitchntx
02-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks Bryan. I wondered if that was happening

K Shaw
02-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Cool. I need another reason to head up into Iowa/Nebraska to visit family. MAM and the whole Omaha/Council bluffs region is my old stomping grounds.

I just hope that a few Iowa state troopers are now retired or have forgotten about me. :wink:

Pretty sure I paid those tickets 10 years ago. :o

kyle

nasa-rm
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Dbl post

nasa-rm
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Have no fear!!!!

Texas is not "loosing" Hallett. Unlike other sanctioning bodies, NASA regions do not own tracks. Our borders are flux and what is best for the organization as a whole is how it's handled.

In the release, Hastings is a track that will be a home base for the new region even though NASA RM has had 5 events there. MAM is within the Midwest reach, but will also be used by the new region. I'm just thrilled that someone will have boots on the ground so we can start doing Topeka events. Just like NASA Texas said we would be trying to get participants in and from New Mexico and Louisiana, no territorial wars are needed. New Mexico is technically Rocky Mountain and now the Taylors from Tennessee will also use the new NOLA track and Grand Bayou. It's all good.

The neighboring regions work together to make the events the best possible. Not only do we get to see new racers, it helps a bunch with cross-training of NASA Staff.

But make no mistake, June Hallett event will be awesome. There are now 4 regions to pull from (not including Midwest for a 5th) for a huge crossover. Oh yeah.

mitchntx
02-08-2011, 02:59 PM
I had hoped that was the case. Good info, Dave.