PDA

View Full Version : machine shop in N Houston

way2neary
02-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Hey Gents,

Thx a tone to Casey and Wayne for helping to pull my motor yesterday. It was a great day with tons of progress.

The issue ended up beimg a valve train failure. While we are by no means certain, we suspect that one of the tappet guide forks failed and allowed the tappet to rotate. So the damage was far more extensive than I thought.

We also inspected the pistons and there was valve contact on two. Hence, I need to find a good machine shop to check the heads. Are there any recommendations for machine shops in the N Houston area?

Thx

Dave Neary

marshall_mosty
02-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Dave,
Was the holdown still there? I've never heard of one of the little "dog bones" coming off. Very strange.

Sorry to hear the carnage affected the top end. That sucks.

Rob Liebbe
02-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Check with HP Racing in Magnolia.

jeremiahkellam
02-21-2011, 09:46 AM
GnG in tomball, I'll post number later (my phone is dead...)

way2neary
02-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Thx Gents.

Jeremiah I was able to get in touch with Tom at G & G. Thx a ton. I dropped off my junk this morning. Looks like there is some hope for my shbort block too, so I may have them rebuild for a spare.

Still trying to get ready for Cresson. May be right at the deadline. If so, it will be a "break in the new motor" race for me.

Dave

David Love AI27
02-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Check with HP Racing in Magnolia.

They are hit or miss... they have had a head off the 27 car for over a year now...

way2neary
02-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Thx David. I opted not to go with HP since it seems almost impossible to get the guy on the phone. I figured it would be the same on turn around time for my junk. And, I ain't got the time!