PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Year End Video

Fbody383
02-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Ok boys and girls it's that time again...

'Cept you didn't know there was a trophy involved and neither did I until Sunday a.m. at Houston when I took the car cover off and there he was in my drivers seat...

No, not D Love... The Jerry Award. I will say that having 2' of trophy on my desk does wonders for introducing what we do.

I logged on to the FTP site today and set up several folders under the 2011 folder ~ essentially there is/will be a PICS and VIDS folder for each event unless somebody has a better idea.

When you save something there, use the highest resolution file or native file if you can. Having all 16:9 HD footage would be awesome. If you want to trim out all the empty track (or the view of my back bumper,) leave 10 seconds each side of the "good stuff" for somebody to detail trim around.

When you save a file, please DO NOT name it CANON_DSC00735.NEF or CAMERA_PIC_14.JPG or HVI2390.avi. Something along the lines of CMC39_MSRH_R1 or FRANCIS_APRIL_TWS_OFF is more descriptive and may help somebody find something they're looking for. Of course the protest deadline will have passed by then, so use a good name.

There is already some fantastic in-car and pictures from the first event so if everybody starts to trickle it in now, we won't have the rush at the end of the year. Not that the year end banquet will have more than 17 days notice, but that's a different topic.

Oh yeah, HEY Doughnut Dave ~ I found a tipsheet on how to do 3D in Vegas Pro 9.0. Would be cool to have some source material to try that on since you have cornered the market on in-car cameras. And a picture of all you guys wearing those silly red/green glasses would be classic.

If you want the FTP site info drop me a PM and I'll send it on.

GlennCMC70
02-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Good job getting on this now David.

David Love AI27
02-27-2011, 03:16 PM

No, not D Love...

What did I do????????????????

Fbody383
02-27-2011, 09:17 PM

No, not D Love...

Nuttin... this time. :shock:

David Love AI27
02-28-2011, 12:11 PM

No, not D Love...

Nuttin... this time. :shock:

Whew... finally...

Al Fernandez
03-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Of course the protest deadline will have passed by then, so use a good name

:lol:

Alien
09-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Bumping this back up. I see only two vids uploaded so far. It's going to be a one man show / year end vid unless y'all start uploading whatcha got!

PM myself of Dave F for details on uploading if you need the address etc.

AllZWay
09-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Sorry... I will try and get some uploaded this week.

Alien
09-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Fbody383, clean up your Inbox :)

Fbody383
09-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Fbody383, clean up your Inbox :)//bagpipes playing// He... that heard the sound... of thy holy trumpet and took not warnin'. He hath clearly wandered too far... from the word of God. And Al 'El Gallo' Fernandez your hour has come! Let's get it on, big boy. It's time to get back on the path.

//bagpipes play//

New room for incoming...

edrock96GT
09-07-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm just going to post here that I need the ftp info. Not chancing the pm system on this site.

All of my vids are on vimeo and are full size if it helps.

Alien
09-07-2011, 02:03 PM
PM's work fine, tho I don't think they have a pop up box telling you you have a new message, nor do I think they email you a notification.

Took a few minutes, but I finally found your user name on Vimeo. ;) That should work.

*edit* Eddie, you have a PM

PS The edit feature seems to be working now!

*/edit*

David Love AI27
10-06-2011, 02:20 PM
No, not D Love... .

next time...

Alien
11-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Just finished watching the final F1 race of 2011. Of course, at the end, they had a short montage of the 2011 season that looked simply awesome. Kinda puts ours to shame. What are the odds that NASATx can provide a helicopter for next year... and flag girls?

Last call! (Please PM or EMail or call me if you upload anything from now on out)

BlueFirePony
11-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Just finished watching the final F1 race of 2011.

Did you hear Bernie saying that COTA has not signed contract or paid yet?