PDA

View Full Version : Free Pit Bicycle

Alien
03-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Free to a goo... any home, except Adam or Boudy. Older Mongoose (from Wal-Mart) mountain bike. 21 spd. Both tubes flat. Will deliver to any event this year.

It's just a bit too tall for me or the wife. I measure it at 36" to the seat from the ground.

http://www.fototime.com/9A2D5F94C6DB0B8/standard.jpg
*disclaimer - Does not ride upside down.

Adam Ginsberg
03-01-2011, 11:49 PM
No love for a former TX CMC'er?? Man.....harsh'n the vibe.....

BryanL
03-02-2011, 12:10 AM
I'll take it and put the other gordon doll on the handlebars. I still haven't picked up a mountain bike and have wanted to try one for awhile. Bring it to cresson please.

Alien
03-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Bryan - Done.

Adam - Don't feel bad. I wouldn't give it to Dave B either, so you're in good company. Just need it to goto someone I look up to (since I'm a short guy too). :)

MikeP99Z
03-02-2011, 09:21 AM
If Bryan passes on it, I'll grab it.

Thanks

Adam Ginsberg
03-02-2011, 11:14 AM
If I'm not mistaken, that bike is considered a "hybrid" (the term is used too loosely these days, IMO).

Shocks on the front, as well as one on the seat post, but no shock for the rear - very similar to the bike I bought last year, and they are great to ride. For regular usage (meaning, not full on, aggressive mountain biking over very harsh terrain), they are very nice, with no lost motion due to the absence of rear shocks.

BryanL
03-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Bryan - Done.

Adam - Don't feel bad. I wouldn't give it to Dave B either, so you're in good company. Just need it to goto someone I look up to (since I'm a short guy too). :)

Sweet-I have plenty of zipties for my Gordon Dolls! And my main bike growing up was a Mongoose plus my Pinewood Derby car in my signature was called Mongoose too.