PDA

View Full Version : So that was Costas ...

mitchntx
03-16-2011, 05:31 PM
... in the red and gold Camaro?

GlennCMC70
03-16-2011, 07:26 PM
On Saturday only.

Wade
03-16-2011, 11:04 PM
I was told that Mike Countryman owns the car now. It was formerly owned by Eric Ritchie.

AllZWay
03-17-2011, 08:03 AM
I was told that Mike Countryman owns the car now. It was formerly owned by Eric Ritchie.

That is what I was told also... That Countryman owned it and Costas was driving it.

Shortcutsleeping
03-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Yes, the car was most recently owned by Eric Ritchie (Katy, Tx) and he did not own it long. Did one shakedown event and then jumped back into ASedan, reason being: he frequently goes to races alone and you can't even take the hood off by yourself!!

http://tubeframeroadrace.com/showthread.php?31-Mike-Countryman-s-Creative-Motorsports-GT1-3rd-gen-Camaro

Mike Countryman bought the car a few months back, made some changes to it and did a few short sessions at an APEX school (Mike instructs with them) and commented that it felt very different than what he was used to. With Scratcher* (my tube car) being a few days late getting ready Mike asked me to drive it for the two SU races and he did the TT sessions. I'll help him get a handle on the chassis and some setup stuff and he'll be fine. I was not there Sunday, I had a different event to attend to drive/setup another person's car. Mike ran the car in TT only on Sunday.

*Scratcher did finally get ready. I took her to the TX2k11 Time Attack event today. This is the old 'SupraNationals' that became 'Supra/GTR Nationals' that became simply tx2kXX (XX being whatever year it is). There were some pretty quick omg-you-spent-how-much machines, but I managed to take the top spot on the VERY small/tight GrandSportSpeedway. TONS of GT-Rs, Supras, some vipers (an ACR too), corvettes, elise, ariel atom, etc etc. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place cars were well prepared GT-Rs that were driven really well. Very fun event, everyone was cool, I even got to take a passenger! I'll have video/data from the runs and a writeup on the witchdoc site soon. Solo National Tour this weekend, so maybe next week...or the next one after that. :-)

Costas
cars and such...

Shortcutsleeping
03-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Not going to start a new thread, but if ya'll have not run Grand Sport Speedway, it is a fun little track that is SUPER smooth with easily-used curbing!!

A little small for a big-bore car, but still a great track.

http://vimeo.com/21371765

Costas
cars and such...

Fbody383
03-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Not going to start a new thread, but if ya'll have not run Grand Sport Speedway, it is a fun little track that is SUPER smooth with easily-used curbing!! I agree... would be a great place to do some licensing/training. Little narrow to really race W2W but a fun layout.

Tobey
03-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Not going to start a new thread, but if ya'll have not run Grand Sport Speedway, it is a fun little track that is SUPER smooth with easily-used curbing!! I agree... would be a great place to do some licensing/training. Little narrow to really race W2W but a fun layout.
Yep, it's an excellent track for testing and training. It's not only too narrow for W2W, it's also too tight. Without the inner loop, it's 1 mile, and about 12 turns, depending on how you count them. Very little time to relax your hands and check the gauges. I've overheated my power steering fluid out there and puked up nasty black tar all over the inner fender.

And like Costas said, it's probably the smoothest track surface in the state.