PDA

View Full Version : FS - 1999 Z28 AI/AIX/ST racecar (feeler)

MikeP99Z
03-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Folks:

I'm considering selling my car. I'm in the process of putting a new motor in it as well as new clutch hydraulics. Most everything else was replaced on the car last year. I'm making some additional suspension adjustments to correct the issues that I had at Nationals. I figure it should be back on track this summer to shake it down and dial it in before I post an official "for sale" ad.

If you know of someone with a serious interest, please refer them to me. This is not posted anywhere else yet, and won't be until the car is up and running, and properly tuned. I'm not interested in selling it as a roller or parting it out. I'll put it back together sooner for the right buyer or the right price. I'm not listing a price for now, offers will be considered.

Thanks
MP

edrock96GT
03-31-2011, 07:45 PM
So....you're going to race another car with us. Right?? :(

Fbody383
04-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm not listing a price for now, offers will be considered. Bids; bids will be considered.

If you have an offer, it might be nice to see.

MikeP99Z
04-01-2011, 12:54 PM

Not likely based on the current rule set, and no desire to wait until 2013 for it to be corrected. If I run it in a race group, it will be in ST.

GlennCMC70
04-01-2011, 01:22 PM
We can put an LT1 in it and make it into a CMC2 car.

Casey_SS
04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
I thought you were going to slap some bigger heads on and come take all my AIX trophies away? :D

I should probably know this by now but I don't - what's so wrong with the current ruleset you don't want to run anymore? PM me so as not to goober up the thread. Not stirring the pot, I genuinely want to know...

K Shaw
04-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Something to do with brakes and "spec mustang".

thats all I'm saying.

kyle

ShadowBolt
04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Folks:

I'm considering selling my car. I'm in the process of putting a new motor in it as well as new clutch hydraulics. Most everything else was replaced on the car last year. I'm making some additional suspension adjustments to correct the issues that I had at Nationals. I figure it should be back on track this summer to shake it down and dial it in before I post an official "for sale" ad.

If you know of someone with a serious interest, please refer them to me. This is not posted anywhere else yet, and won't be until the car is up and running, and properly tuned. I'm not interested in selling it as a roller or parting it out. I'll put it back together sooner for the right buyer or the right price. I'm not listing a price for now, offers will be considered.

Thanks
MP

Sell it and come race with us. Or have LAW convert it to CMC.

All the cool kids are doing it.

JJ

MikeP99Z
04-02-2011, 12:11 AM
To far gone to go back to CMC2. It would be cheaper to build another car than convert this one.

RichardP
04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
To far gone to go back to CMC2. It would be cheaper to build another car than convert this one.

Ouch. Way too familiar with that issue...

Richard P.

David Love AI27
04-06-2011, 10:15 PM

Not likely based on the current rule set, and no desire to wait until 2013 for it to be corrected. If I run it in a race group, it will be in ST.

:roll:

Fbody383
04-07-2011, 10:43 AM
If you have an offer, it might be nice to see. :roll:

Professional habit... show a market to get a market.

Yes, it would be a long putt.

MikeP99Z
04-07-2011, 05:00 PM
No offers right now. I'm not surprised based on the economy, but then again, I'm not really advertising or pushing for an offer or bid.

Everything's for sale at the right price. :wink:

MikeP99Z
04-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Based on the overwhelming response, a few basic things about the car:

1999 Factory hardtop 6speed with 12,000 miles on the chassis (only used on weekends), 1 owner car - me. Various body panels have been professionally replaced through out the years including the quarter panels for some reason (/shrug).

LAW Motorsports custom AI cage 1.75"x0.120" DOM

LS1 with ARP hardware, LS6 intake, Hooker headers, custom X-pipe exhaust, clutchmasters clutch/lightweight flywheel, oil catch tank, Be Cool radiator with oil cooler, PS cooler, front breather - makes 375/380 to the wheels with unrestricted tune. Detuned for AI to 353/372 (HP Tuners).

Custom aluminum airdam/splitter and diffuser, LG Motorsports rear wing (lip).

AST custom remote canister double adjustable shocks full coilovers at all four corners - 3 weekends on shocks. Various springs.

LG Motorsports suspension pieces (upper and lower LCAs in front, torque arm, PHR)

Unbalanced Engineering suspension parts (Rear LCAs, lowering brackets, PHR lowering brackets, adjustable rear sway bar ) - plus in-progress custom shock mounts and adjustable front sway bar. All suspension pieces are heim jointed.

UMI road race K-member

Superior axles - 1 race, ARP studs, new T2R diff - 1 race, 3.73 and 3.42 gear sets, new rear bearings - 1 race. Spare T2R diff.

T56 rebuilt last summer - 2 races on it, Pro 5.0 shifter.

Stoptech ST-40 front brakes, LS1 rear brakes, Wilwood proportioning valve, factory ABS.

Factory dash with factory cluster and wiring harness, AEM wideband, Longacre panoramic rearview mirror, new fire suppression system, Momo removable steering wheel, factory gas tank with new fuel pump.

Racetech seat, Schroth camlock belts, newer mesh window net, factory glass front and rear. Side glass included with purchase, lol.

4 sets of wheels (3 sets are 17x9.5, 1 set is 17x9)

Car has over 100 wins and podiums in SCCA and NASA since 1999.

Headlights, wipers, and turn signals work, but it doesn't have a horn and won't pass emissions...

Accepting bids/offers north of $20k.

GlennCMC70
04-07-2011, 07:58 PM
The spoiler is a LG Motorsports ZR28 part.

edrock96GT
04-07-2011, 09:29 PM
I copied and pasted the info to a local car forum. If anyone is interested I'll point them your way.

MikeP99Z
04-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Pics of the car here:

http://www.headonphotos.net/gallery/nasa/nasanat2010/8%20Black%20Camaro/index.html