PDA

View Full Version : Garage organization

HoustonNW
04-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I need to clean up the garage and cannot figure out what to do with all of the little stuff.

For example, I just bought a small round file to open up a hole in a computer monitor mount. It is about 1/4" in diameter and 5" long. I have a couple more files, both metal and wood. There might be some value in keeping them together - or keeping the wood files with sandpaper - or something.

It seems I have 100 small things that need put away but I would like to find them again easily.

I have pegboard most of the way around the sides of the garage, a workbench, and a couple of wire shelves.

Does anyone have a tip or something that worked well for them?

(I don't even want to think about how many times I've had something for 10 or 20 years, threw it away, and needed it within a month!)

mitchntx
04-01-2011, 05:54 PM

I built a 24x40 shop.
I added 14' onto the back of it.
I built a 16x20 double height storage shed.
I put an awning on the side of it.
I installed a lift in the shop and double stack cars.
The trailer has a car in it.

I think I'm about to have a 4th gen/LT1 garage sale.

edrock96GT
04-01-2011, 06:52 PM
I've got everything in a pile on the dryer since my garage is too small for a workbench. works ok so far...

Casey_SS
04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Mine's a wreck and I never know quite what to do with it either....if you figure it out let me know.

GlennCMC70
04-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Grouping is key. I put files, punches, utility knives, small cutting tools like that all in a small long drawer in the tool box. I have two tool boxes in the garage and one in the trailer. I have two "work boxes" for job/employment purposes.
I stopped using peg board for tools many moons ago.

chris-CMC#35
04-02-2011, 08:42 PM

I built a 24x40 shop.
I added 14' onto the back of it.
I built a 16x20 double height storage shed.
I put an awning on the side of it.
I installed a lift in the shop and double stack cars.
The trailer has a car in it.

I think I'm about to have a 4th gen/LT1 garage sale.

Okay - that's funny. And painfully, painfully true....