PDA

View Full Version : C'Mon ... turn off the authentication crap

mitchntx
04-10-2011, 05:57 PM
What a PITA and worthless for this small of a group

admin
04-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Take a screenshot....I don't know what you're talking about. Hasn't done it once for me with my test account.

Jeff

GlennCMC70
04-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Every time I post, I have to authenicate my account by typing in the letters seen in the "Image Verification" block.
Most forums I've been on only use this during registration for the site, not for every post.

mitchntx
04-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Take a screenshot....I don't know what you're talking about. Hasn't done it once for me with my test account.

Jeff

No longer have a package that allows me to capture screens.

Image verification:
hq2h90

BlueFirePony
04-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Jeff, there is a CAPTCHA during posting...see the attached. And its a really bad one to that is terribly difficult to read.

jdlingle
04-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Is it remembering you guys each time you come back? I have to log in every time even though I checked "remember me".

admin
04-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Jeff, there is a CAPTCHA during posting...see the attached. And its a really bad one to that is terribly difficult to read.

Ahhh, okay now I get it.

Turned off now.

mitchntx
04-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Is it remembering you guys each time you come back? I have to log in every time even though I checked "remember me".

It doesn't appear to be when I make my first return visit.
But if I go to a section, it does.

Makes it hard to know which sections has new threads or new responses to old threads.

Jeff ... no one is complaining ... just identifying bugs.
You are doing great and thanks for all the work.

Chris ... meh.

BlueFirePony
04-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah...thanks for working on this forum!
CAPTCHA is gone for this post...yay! :)
I like the clean look of this new forum but it'll take some getting used to...need to poke around and figure out how to do stuff
A couple things I noticed...
1) HTML editing is off..is that intentional? I kinda liked being able to edit my posts that way...
2) This time in I used Firefox and had to let the browser remember my password or I could not log in...might have been my browser settings though...

BryanL
04-11-2011, 04:16 PM
There is no tab on the bottom to jump to a different section of the forum. I use that all the time on my phone. Will let you know if it continues but when I come here from a bookmark the site doesn't work right.

Thanks for keeping it up to date.

mitchntx
04-12-2011, 04:49 AM
Couple other things I've noticed:

The sections I've read since my last visit remain high-lighted as if I've never read them.
Is that an option in my CP or that a board option on a time delay?

The "Who's On-Line" just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger ...
When does it refresh to reflect who and how many are actually on-line at the time?

jdlingle
04-12-2011, 07:59 AM
It's doing the same thing with me in regards to the previously read links. The pm's are a little tougher to navigate as well. I cant tell if the one I sent yesterday went out or not.

Glenn if it didnt show I sent you a personal message that I think should be in your inbox.

admin
04-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Couple other things I've noticed:

The sections I've read since my last visit remain high-lighted as if I've never read them.
Is that an option in my CP or that a board option on a time delay?

The "Who's On-Line" just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger ...
When does it refresh to reflect who and how many are actually on-line at the time?

Mitch,

I've made some changes. Hopefully they will fix the these issues. There is also a "Mark Forums Read" link on the bottom of the main page that should also help you out.

The pm's are a little tougher to navigate as well. I cant tell if the one I sent yesterday went out or not.

Obviously, the layout is different and may take a little getting used to.

Jeff ... no one is complaining ... just identifying bugs.
You are doing great and thanks for all the work.

Chris ... meh.

And by the way.....you're welcome but Chris is the one that's been nagging me to get this finally operational. So, you should be thanking him as well.

Jeff