PDA

View Full Version : Issues with PM's

marshall_mosty
04-18-2011, 11:13 AM
I show to have two "new notification". I've emptied out both my inbox and sent box. It still says I have two messages stored... But I can't find them.

Has anyone else had this issue?

GlennCMC70
04-18-2011, 12:39 PM
I show 6. I hit "mark all PM's read" and they still show up as 6 unread.

mitchntx
04-18-2011, 01:09 PM
When the board first went active, everyone had their preferences set up to automatically subscribe to threads you posted in.

Those notifications are telling you that some one has responded to your subscribed thread.
There is a little green dot with a check mark inside it that indicates a subscribed thread.

Click on "Settings" and the listing of subscribed threads will appear

I haven't found where to turn off autoatic subscription, yet.

mitchntx
04-18-2011, 01:24 PM
When the board first went active, everyone had their preferences set up to automatically subscribe to threads you posted in.

Those notifications are telling you that some one has responded to your subscribed thread.
There is a little green dot with a check mark inside it that indicates a subscribed thread.

Click on "Settings" and the listing of subscribed threads will appear

I haven't found where to turn off autoatic subscription, yet.

Testing turning off subscription to thread.

mitchntx
04-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Testing turning off subscription to thread.

In "Quick Reply", you don;t have an option to turn off thread subscription (that I've found).

But if you go to "Advanced" there is a check box that allows you to subscribe or uncheck to not subscribe.

And it doesn't appear to remember a deselection on a subsequent post.

kbrewmr2
04-18-2011, 02:47 PM
if you go to the "Settings" link at the top it takes you to a page where you can edit a ton of stuff. There's a list of things on the right side once you get there, and under General Settings the 2nd section, 2nd item there is a box where you can select what kind of subscription you want to do - I turned it all the way off. Board doesn't have THAT many posts, so the "New Posts" button is all I need. YMMV.

admin
04-18-2011, 02:57 PM
I show to have two "new notification". I've emptied out both my inbox and sent box. It still says I have two messages stored... But I can't find them.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Marshall,

With the constant changes I have been making to keep Mitch happy, you may have to clear your cookies to see the changes made. If you haven't cleared them since last week when the site first went live, try doing so now.

Jeff

mitchntx
04-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Ouch!

I just tried to post "Ouch!" but get an error message telling me I must post at least 10 characters in a reply.

Fbody383
04-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Ouch!

I just tried to post "Ouch!" but get an error message telling me I must post at least 10 characters in a reply.

Down to 4 now...

mitchntx
04-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Lol!

Edit:

Yep, 4 characters. Of course it was an all caps "LOL" and it automatically de-yelled it.

GlennCMC70
04-19-2011, 03:29 PM
I have 1 "stored" PM but no stored PM folder. I used the download feature to view all PM's and I have a PM that is really really really old and I don't need to keep. If you guys can get rid of it, I'm OK w/ it.

JasonLiiR
04-19-2011, 09:01 PM
My PMs dont seem to be working either. Ive sent 2-3 a week or two ago but after checking my sent box today they never appear at all.