PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an extra tach?

ShadowBolt
04-27-2011, 09:28 PM
BL needs one for this weekend. I thought I had one but I don't.

JJ

j3ffbrooks
04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
I've got this one.......

What you see is what you get.

If you can find someone to pick it up in Frisco or Addison, make me an offer.

GlennCMC70
04-27-2011, 10:25 PM
BL needs one for this weekend. I thought I had one but I don't.

JJ

Did he get it running?

Don't need a tach. Just shift a few seconds after it studders, you will be fine. ;)

ShadowBolt
04-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Did he get it running?

Don't need a tach. Just shift a few seconds after it studders, you will be fine. ;)

I told him to get it rolling and to TWS and I would help him finish it. I'm sure you would help also. In fact I already volunteered you.

JJ

BryanL
04-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Brooks-that looks good. Does it have a pedastal mount on the bottom so I could put a worm clamp around the steering column? Any chance I could borrow it to see if it will work on my car? I'll PM you. I'm in West Plano.

It's been running for several days-there are only 5 wires that need power to get the car to run. That is if you don't burn wires on the exhaust after swapping exhaust manifolds and then realizing that one of them is different and won't work. Front suspension is back together as of 2:00 am. Plan to get it off the stands tonight and drive it around the block for awhile. If all goes well then I'll get the trailer and work on it most of the night. Still need-dash, gauges, switch panel and wiring, instrument cluster wiring, brake lights, fan wiring/relay, and tidy up the wiring (which means zip ties and duct tape-it won't be as pretty and I've found some things I would like to change)

Glenn-is it a problem to run non insulated female connectors on the fuse block? That's all I had and the way it is done right now.

Rob Liebbe
04-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Tachs are for wimps.

edrock96GT
04-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Byran, if you still need a tach and still have a power port in your car I have a G-tech you can use for the weekend. I can bring it with me.

BryanL
04-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Is a power port just the diagnositc aldl port? Brooks is going to drop his tach off this afternoon, but have to find out how it works and how to mount it. So if you don't mind bringing the gtech that would be great. Somehow I think I'll be bringing some BL for you as well.

Liebbe-get to work on your car and then you can talk.

edrock96GT
04-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Is a power port just the diagnositc aldl port? Brooks is going to drop his tach off this afternoon, but have to find out how it works and how to mount it. So if you don't mind bringing the gtech that would be great. Somehow I think I'll be bringing some BL for you as well.

Liebbe-get to work on your car and then you can talk.

Just a power port, like the cigarette lighter. :D

BryanL
04-28-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm not burch so I didn't put one in my car for a pre and post race burndown

Wade
04-28-2011, 05:16 PM
I have a spare (new) Autometer dash mount and ring for a tach like that if you need it (free). I'll be at the track all day tomorrow, so let me know tonight.

BryanL
04-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Sweet. Please bring it if you see this

BryanL
05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks to Jerry for checking to see if he had spare tach and then posting this up. Huge Thanks to our administrator Brooks for dropping the tach off on my porch at 7:30 Friday morning-talk about service to just let me see if it works. Then to Glenn for telling me to snip two wires for an LS1. Next was Wade giving me a dash mount that worked perfect. Then to Randy (P Train) for stopping at Advance Auto after we had a great dinner at Rudy's. Even got the shift light working sat morning.