PDA

View Full Version : Need tools?

mitchntx
05-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Was at my local Lowe's today and noticed they had widespread reductions on all Kobalt and Gearwrench brand hand tools.

9pc ratcheting open/box wrences were $30. Single sockets ranged from $1 to $6 each. The 1/2" drive Tq wrench I bought in January for $99 was on sale for $59.

I bought some stuff for the trailer.

I asked what the deal was and the department manager said they had to make room for a new line or setup or display of Kobalt tools.

Unsure if its local or not. But itsounded like it was a corporate thing.

BlueFirePony
05-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Sale on in McKinney too. Not all kobalt/gearwrench on sale but most ([edit: like Mitch posted - hand tools] - toolboxes and power tools are not, but wrenches, sockets, kits are. 30-50% from what I could tell..picked up some tools to replace those that went with Kyri to his new job. I've been looking from time to time waiting for a sale somewhere and definitely saved today.
Thanks for the tip Mitch.

HoustonNW
05-14-2011, 07:10 PM
My local Lowes had most of the Kobalt brand tools for 50% off. I went with a list of sockets that I needed including a full set of 3/8" drive long sockets. I was also thinking about a ratcheting box/open end set.

For $75 I walked out with this:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z18/wstehle/kobalt.jpg

Since the sockets are thru-hole I don't need a separate set of short and long sockets.

But what if you need extra length to reach a nut? No problem, it comes with extensions.

But what if you need to reach a nut on a long bolt? No problem, the extension is thru-hole too!

My last concern was what if you need a swivel extension to reach a nut? No problem, it includes adapters to use standard 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" sockets!!

I love my early Father's Day present!