PDA

View Full Version : HUGE CVAR car count at ECR this weekend

BlueFirePony
05-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Jay sent me a text that the CVAR big bore class will have 25 cars this weekend at ECR and there are 160+ cars registered. No schedule yet but I plan to free up some time and go watch some classic muscle battle it out! Anyone want to join me?

Crumpacker
05-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Damn, I love watching the CVAR monsters battle each other... my weekend is booked though.

AllZWay
05-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Damn, I love watching the CVAR monsters battle each other... my weekend is booked though.

Mine too.. still trying to get my crap together.

michaelmosty
05-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Man, I'd really like to make it out to watch but there are threats of rain all weekend. Not sure if it would be worth it to watch a rain race.

GlennCMC70
05-19-2011, 05:33 PM
I was there today and there was very few cars there at this point. I'll be leaving town Sunday, so Saturday will be spent w/ the girls and their softball game(s).

BlueFirePony
05-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Supposed to be a pretty good sized British small bore group and the feature race is a small bore race so I suspect cars will start to arrive tomorrow. It's only a 45 minute drive so barring crazy weather I'll head up and if the racers don't I'll grab a good lunch nearby...

BlueFirePony
05-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Pretty darn good turn out at ECR today. Forgot to charge my son's camera so only got a few lame iPhone pix - the big bore class had just shy of the 25 ...I think it was 20 or 21.
Seeing AND hearing that much vintage American Iron take the green flag was fantastic!
Had quite an appearance by the small bore's as well.
In the big boy group, Jay qualified 8th (he had indicated the tires were useless under him during qual and changed out for new tires for the race) - he jumped a few spots at the start of the race when a couple cars connected ahead of him and he took advantage.
Over the next few laps he took another couple spots getting up to 4th position around mid-race....then...right-rear tire went down coming around T6! Jay had to park the car near the corner worker station before T7 :(
Initial look at the tire after the race indicated to me like the tire came off the bead - they had some trouble getting that tire on the wheel so it's a possible cause - terrible luck!
Not sure he had anything for the front running 'vette though (a complete monster...had a good 3+ second lead before T6 on the opening lap and was lapping cars well before the end).
Turned out to be a beautiful day for racing....if anyone is interested, they go at it again tomorrow.

Fbody383
05-22-2011, 09:24 PM
...so only got a few lame iPhone pix I was thinking it look like old school Kodachrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodachrome)

BlueFirePony
05-23-2011, 10:51 AM
I was thinking it look like old school Kodachrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodachrome)
Now that you mention it, there is a similarity to those insta-matic photos :) ...frankly I impressed myself that I managed ANY shots where you could even make out the cars..