PDA

View Full Version : Filed under, "That Sucks!"

Boudy
06-15-2011, 06:15 PM
While Hallett left a few of us with battle scars the short stick was pulled by one of our RM brethren this time. While on his way home, Raybob was pulled over by some over zealous Jedi someplace in Kansas. This moron from hell felt that is was in everyone's best interest to impound the whole rig because the tags were expired on Raybob's RV. Raybob had to rent a car, drive home to get fresh tags, and then drive back to pick up his RV and trailer.

Like most, Raybob dumps everything he can into racing and this is surely not going to be a "Pass Go, Collect $200" role of the dice. Especially after he pays the moron's cousin who towed the RV and trailer while renting a car from the other cousin.

I'm taking a collection to help him out and if anyone cares to contribute, please paypal to robert@bciwireless.com.

I'll send it to him next Friday.

Thanks,

Boudy

AllZWay
06-15-2011, 06:26 PM
That definitely sucks. I am in. Boudy... I will send you a message.

Cody Powell
06-15-2011, 06:29 PM
It was over 800 in impound and tow fees! That doesn't include missed work or rental car and fuel! That is going to put a dent in his racing budget!

mitchntx
06-15-2011, 06:34 PM
How did Jack the Wonder Dog feel about his owner being "porked"?

BADVENM
06-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Why didnt he pay them when they were due?

Boudy
06-15-2011, 07:46 PM

Oh, I don't know. Maybe his F'n divorce attorney sent the renewals to his ex wife. Or maybe his dog ate the damn thing. Either way, some of us are going to help this guy out wether you like it or not so why don't you wait till he's back on his feet and then kick him!!!

Boudy

HoustonNW
06-15-2011, 09:57 PM

Third post. Wow, just wow.

GlennCMC70
06-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Was this w/ OK's finest?
I'm just 3 months away from putting the BS I got pulled over for a few years back behind me for good.

Boudy
06-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Was this w/ OK's finest?
I'm just 3 months away from putting the BS I got pulled over for a few years back behind me for good.

No this was someplace in or near BF-Kansas. Glad to hear that you're getting your sh@t with OK cleaned up. Next time you get pulled over, try shutting up. ;-)

The RM racers have made our Hallett event for years and have become friends to many of us. I know things are tight for all of us but anything helps. $10, $20...

Boudy

Cody Powell
06-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Was this w/ OK's finest?
It was newton Kansas, about 20 miles north of witchita

Hamp
06-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Can't even imagine how crappy of a trip home, trip back, back home again, etc. that all had to be.

I'm also in: Donation sent from the Hamptons (Greg, Heather and Skye - 4 legged brethen ).

This should have just been a ticket and then on your way. Sorry you and yours had to deal with all this Raybob.

Had a blast racing with ya and looking forward to next time.

#36 Mustang
MW Region

edrock96GT
06-16-2011, 11:22 AM
I'd love to help but I blew a trailer tire about 30 miles north of Waco. At 12:30 in the morning, I had no choice but to go ahead and drive it the last 70 or so miles. Now I need a new rim and tire. :(

joestang
06-16-2011, 12:33 PM
BADVENOM didn't mean anything mean, he's very straight forward on the forums. But he was out there in the orange 86 mustang with you guys.

Sorry to hear Raybob. I say the po-po should've given a ticket, and sent you on your way. Your first 24 PBR's are on me at PPIR!!!

I would have unloaded the car out of the trailer and seen if he'd mind you driving that back to Colorado.

Adam Ginsberg
06-16-2011, 02:51 PM
While Hallett left a few of us with battle scars the short stick was pulled by one of our RM brethren this time. While on his way home, Raybob was pulled over by some over zealous Jedi someplace in Kansas. This moron from hell felt that is was in everyone's best interest to impound the whole rig because the tags were expired on Raybob's RV.

Revenue generation. Or, consider it an additional "tax".

I'm taking a collection to help him out and if anyone cares to contribute, please paypal to robert@bciwireless.com.

Done.

raybob9289
06-17-2011, 03:03 PM
You guys are breakin me up over here. I could'nt get the tags done in time last week cuz I had to work 12 hour days to get done at work so I wouldn't miss Hallet. By thursday night it was to late to make it over to DMV so we just headed out friday morning figuring a ticket at worst case. The whole trip home went over like a fart in a space suit. We chunked a rear tire on the RV in Northern OK. I pulled over and put on the spare. Just south of Wichita we broke a cord in another rear tire and the vibration was so bad it was shakin the fillings out of my teeth. We made it to a 24hour Wally World but the Auto/Tire center was closed till 7am. So me and the woman camped out in the minnow and had a relitively piecefull night sleep. At 7am I went in the store and they told me they were out of that size tire but a kid in the shop eventually found 2 Uniroyals that match what I already have. By 8am we were headin north after a small discussion with my bank on the phone "that they stop declining my Credit Card". We stopped in Newton, KS for fuel and when we were getting back on the interstate we noticed a Johnny Law convention. There were Newton Cops exicuting some sort of speed trap there on the interstate. One of them took some interest in us and followed us for a mile or so. Eventually he pulled us over and gave me the 3rd degree about the expired registration. I thought he was gonna write us a ticket but he was actually callin in the wrecker and some reinforcements. You know me and "jack the Dog" are outlaws....
The other cop gave us a ride back to the truck stop and we waited almost 2 hours for the dude to round us up a rental car. I had to get the woman back to Denver for work Tuesday morning and Colorado was'nt givin me anything via fax or internet. So we headed out back home. I left denver at midnight Wensday morning and got to Newton, KS. cop shop when they opened at 8am. (I was speeding through KS all night, F*ck them) after paying everybody, I got my RV out to discover they had tossed it. Apparently me, Melissa and "Jack the Dog" look like drug smugglers??? They kept askin me who my race sponsor was, they said that they could fine them or something like that???
Once I got the Minnow out of there and on the Interstate I didn't slow down till I got to Colby where me and Jack stopped had lunch and a 2 hour nap at the rest stop. I have put the Hex on that cop he will get his. Carma is swift.........
This little adventure has cost me a little over a thousand dollars not counting the tires and time off of the job. It hurt but to think that my Texican buddys would take up a collection for me chokes me up more than you could know.....
Please don't send me anything if you do I would just blow it on car racing LOL...
Thank You all for being such good Friends...

mitchntx
06-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Please don't send me anything if you do I would just blow it on car racing LOL...
Thank You all for being such good Friends...

The way I look at it ...

If I were racing at Hallett and needed a tire, would you give me one to race on?
How about a brake rotor or set of brake pads?
A clutch?

Of course you would ... any of us would offer anything we had to get you or any other racer ready for the next race.

This episode is no different. And how can any of us turn our back on Jack the Dog?

Edit ...

http://www.thekansan.com/opinions/x898067829/Voices-283-0505

316-283-0505

I left a message that stated that the city of Newton shouldn't expect out of state travellers to fund their fiscal irresponsibility.

As a challenge ... I think everyone in the Texas and RM region should blow their voice mailbox up.

Edit again ...

http://www.newtonkansas.com/index.aspx?page=126

James Daily
Chief of Police
316-284-6030

GlennCMC70
06-17-2011, 03:22 PM
The questions about sponsorship are related to figuring out if that rig is for recreational use or commercial use. If you get money from sponsors to do what you do, or prize money (I think this is limited to cash), then you fall under the DOT reg's. That is a whole nuther can of shit there.
Mitch and myself learned that one a long time ago. That and never stop at a DOT scale and ask to use it on your own accord. Man shit got deep that day.

Boudy
06-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Well gentleman your generosity and caring for our fellow knuckle-dragger has totaled up to $525 so far. Thanks to everyone who has pitched in and since today's payday, I hope to see more trickle in.

You guys are the greatest group.

Oh yeah Raybob, if you run across a Fox windshield, RF fender, and nose cover then please send them my way. (can't find the damn emoticons but rest assured, my eyes are rolling) ;-)))

Boudy

Adam Ginsberg
06-17-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.thekansan.com/opinions/x898067829/Voices-283-0505

316-283-0505

I left a message that stated that the city of Newton shouldn't expect out of state travellers to fund their fiscal irresponsibility.

As a challenge ... I think everyone in the Texas and RM region should blow their voice mailbox up.

Edit again ...

http://www.newtonkansas.com/index.aspx?page=126

James Daily
Chief of Police
316-284-6030

Excellent idea. Done.

That and never stop at a DOT scale and ask to use it on your own accord. Man shit got deep that day.

Agreed - if you need to/want to weigh your setup, stop at one of the usual truck stops with a CAT scale instead. They'll just be confused that you don't have a "truck number".

after paying everybody, I got my RV out to discover they had tossed it. Apparently me, Melissa and "Jack the Dog" look like drug smugglers???

Out of curiosity, when a city/county/state impound a vehicle, especially for expired registration, does that automatically give them the legal right to search it? Did they ask if they could search it, Raybob?

Edit - After speaking to a LT. from their police department, their standard procedure is to "inventory the contents of any vehicle that is impounded". They will not always notify the owner they are going to inventory the vehicle, nor will they ask for permission. It's "for the safety of the department, as well as the vehicle owner".

After having our "discussion", I told the LT. that I'd steer as clear of that city as possible due to how they treat out of state travelers.

mitchntx
06-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Every one make the call to the Chief of Police and ask the question.
Make them earn their pay ...

Every one needs to leave a voice mail at that newspaper.
If they get 100 calls, that might be an indication of some misuse of authority.

Adam Ginsberg
06-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Found the answer to my own question (although it's from wikipedia):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota_v._Opperman

mitchntx
06-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Found the answer to my own question (although it's from wikipedia):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota_v._Opperman

That was a vehicle that had been abandoned.

I still think that impounding a vehicle for a recently expeired registration was over-zealous and unwarranted and thus led into "inventory" space.

Hell Glenn was pushing folks off the road and just got a ticket ...

Adam Ginsberg
06-17-2011, 06:22 PM
That was a vehicle that had been abandoned.

Actually, it was just illegally parked, according to the article.

I still think that impounding a vehicle for a recently expeired registration was over-zealous and unwarranted and thus led into "inventory" space.

No argument from me. The LT I spoke with said that's their SOP, as the vehicle isn't legally permitted to operate on public streets. While I agree an owner is obligated to take care of registration (no ding on Raybob, we've likely ALL been there from time to time....I know I have), impounding a vehicle from out of state that's simply passing thru, and just spent money in their town, was bullshit. IMO, it's an easy way for the city/county to fill their empty coffers.

In the past, I've gotten a ticket, had to appear, and pay the "administrative fee"....much more reasonable.

Hell Glenn was pushing folks off the road and just got a ticket ...

He does that allot, huh?

GlennCMC70
06-17-2011, 08:15 PM
He does that allot, huh?

Not this week.... yet.

Boudy
06-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks again to everyone who pitched in to help out our RM brother Raybob. I'll PayPal the received funds to him tomorrow so anyone who was waiting until the last minute, now's the time. We've collected about 1/2 the towing bill so far and every cent we send is greatly appreciated.

Boudy

marshall_mosty
06-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Revenue generation. Or, consider it an additional "tax".

Done.

Done as well... Johnny Law gets under your saddle quite a bit, unfortunately.

David Love AI27
06-23-2011, 03:30 PM
On the way up to Hallett I was pulled over for no right side running lights on my trailer. The truck inspection was expired since March, my driver's license expired in February, the truck registration sticker expired last December (I had the new one in the console) and I didn't have my current proof of insurance. The officer spent a long time in his car before giving me a WARNING for defective lights and expired inspection. No mention of the expired DL, but he did delay us long enough to miss the practice session on Sat...

least I could do is send a fiddy to my fellow racer.. where do I send it????

Boudy, I have Darcie's old fox body in my back yard.... I think the RF fender os ok but I will need to check the windshield.... I'll see if I can get some pics out next week...