Nick
03-07-2006, 08:14 PM
PST here also

GlennCMC70
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
pst......... i got mine @ PST too.

MikeP99Z
03-07-2006, 10:53 PM
one of my next purchases (from who, I dunno). I'm trying one on this weekend to help determine size.

j3ffbrooks
03-13-2006, 05:14 PM
How many people are there that are still looking to buy a HANS before the end of the season or before the beginning of the next?

I think if we can get enough people to commit and buy at once there might be a significant discount involved.

SmackDaddy
03-15-2006, 04:07 PM
I think teamsimpson.com has an offer to pay over 90days. I haven't verified if this is still a valid offer, but will try to make some calls and/or send an e-mail.

____
ShoestringBudget

Todd Covini
03-23-2006, 12:14 AM
PST here too.
Great price.
I left them my helmet and will the pay the 1/2 hour of shop rate for the piece of mind that it's installed correctly.
I can't wait to pick it up for Round #3 and start using it!!!

-=- Todd

AllZWay
02-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Reviving an old thread.... I haven't bought a Hans yet, but will soon start looking. I will probably go ahead and by a HANS, but it looks like there is a new alternative.

I noticed today that Hutchens now has a head restraint that is approved by Nascar.

http://www.lfttech.com/prod_images/79.jpg

http://lfttech.com/

oz98cobra
02-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Just bought mine at PST also

Al Fernandez
02-09-2007, 11:44 AM
You guys mean PST the banner sponsor whose link doesnt work?

donovan
02-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Yup, that is them... HEY BROOKS! Fix the damn banner!

DD

j3ffbrooks
02-09-2007, 03:49 PM
easy man........or I'll have to ban you.

Wirtz
02-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Not to go anainst the grain here, but I used Simpson. You can spread the payments over 3 months for no extra charge and there is no credit check or new credit line involved. They just bill your credit card 3 times. You need to know seat angle and neck size to order.

Jeff

Boudy
02-11-2007, 07:15 PM
How many people are there that are still looking to buy a HANS before the end of the season or before the beginning of the next?

I think if we can get enough people to commit and buy at once there might be a significant discount involved.

I still need one and will be purchasing it soon.

Boudy

Racebrat
02-12-2007, 10:06 AM
http://www.aaroadracing.com/shop.net/ProdSearchResult.aspx

Martin was at Nationals. A buddy of mine bought his HANS at Nationals from him and Martin told him if he paid cash he wouldn't charge him sales tax. He did and brought it home and is having it installed by someone local to the Houston area. Also, Clifton got in on a group deal with someone Mark Barr dealt with. I'll try to see where he ordered his. If y'all get a group deal somewhere (anywhere) please someone let me know as I will be buying one for KC soon too.

I have heard very good things about PST as well and judging by the number of y'all that have used them, I may give them a call.

Also, on that hybrid someone posted, I have heard from one driver that the thing that goes down the middle of your back is uncomfortable when you get strapped into the car. But that's just one driver.

Thanks for starting this thread. A HANS is something I have been trying to purchase for KC since I met Dr. Hubbard at a convention a few years ago. The research he showed and the talk he gave made me want to buy KC one right then but he balked....and has been to this day.

For those of you that have one, is it comfortable? How much does it limit you turning your head? KC is a bit on the claustrophobic side and has been fighting me on a HANS for years. Can't someone convince him its worth the alternative?

Thanks again,

A

Waco Racer
02-12-2007, 10:20 AM
http://www.apexperformance.net/

Tell them Mark Barr (National GTS Director) sent you. Mine was a model 20 - about $800 with quick release tethers, no tax or shipping.

GlennCMC70
02-12-2007, 10:26 AM
getting the best deal is always good. lets also try and use those vendors who help keep this site up and running. just keep them in mind on all your purchases.

Racebrat
02-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Who do I speak with at PST? Anyone in particular?

Thanks

GlennCMC70
02-12-2007, 12:29 PM
AJ. they are closed till Wed.

marshall_mosty
02-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Who do I speak with at PST?Talk with AJ.

For those of you that have one, is it comfortable? How much does it limit you turning your head? KC is a bit on the claustrophobic side and has been fighting me on a HANS for years. Can't someone convince him its worth the alternative?
I had to get used to the pressure on my collar bone when strapped in. It was a bit uncomfortable the first time I wore it being all strapped in the car, but that discomfort was quickly drowned out by adrenaline when I left grid.

I now have more limited head rotation, but during a race I haven't encountered any issues with new blind spots. I have the quick release tethers and the first thing I do when I hit the pit lane is to pull the release so I can turn my head to navigate in the paddock.

I don't know how much help the HANS was when I hit the tire barrier (twice, once head on at lower speed and once as a tank slapper at pretty good clip). However, I wasn't sore at all afterwards.

oz98cobra
02-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I got my Hans a couple weeks ago and have tested it on track the last 2 Saturdays in both race cars and street cars.

I found no discomfort at all - in fact it actually seems to help hold me in the seat a little better than without. It does restrict head movement somewhat, but not to the point that I cannot look to the side enough to see a passing car. Once I was up to speed, I forgot I was wearing it.

I also have the quick release straps and found it useful to be able to pop these as soon as I came off the track. I also found it no problem to put the helmet on after the Hans and secure the quick release latches with the helmet on - apparently some folks have a little difficulty learning to do this by feel?

oz98cobra
02-12-2007, 01:16 PM
getting the best deal is always good. lets also try and use those vendors who help keep this site up and running. just keep them in mind on all your purchases.

And that is a VERY good point - I could have "saved" a hundred bucks by buying the Hans out of state, but I figured I would have had to just turn around and pay someone to install it for me then anyways? Yes you can install it yourself, but for the same reasons I engaged the services of an experienced welder to weld up our home built roll cage, I would rather have someone who is factory trained and knows what they are doing install my Hans device!

PST do not discount the Hans, but they install it for free and I can tell you from experience that supporting them pays off in other ways (they have plenty of other products and services that they CAN discount!).

Todd Covini
02-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I got mine from AJ @ PST last year.
No issues with it whatsoever. Plenty of head travel, in fact, I was surprised at how much side to side travel I have (probably because I heard all the hype).
Like someone else said, I find that the HANS is more confortable than just belts on the shoulders...the collar distributes the load better and feels more secure.

I'll tell KC next time I see him and if he wants to wear mine during a race as a tester let me know.

-=- Todd

Racebrat
02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks for all of the input guys. I really appreciate the feedback. I try to maintain seperate identities in racing, an "official" and a "driver's wife", but there are times that the "driver's wife" thing wins.

OK, here's another question...I remember reading interviews with Joey Hand last year after his launch at Mid Ohio. A lot of reports said that the HANS he was wearing limited him getting out of the car but he also said that he was thankful he was wearing it and that that was the second time the HANS saved his life. Here's the kicker....my hubby is no small fry, and he drives a rather small car (SM), would the HANS limit his ability to rapidly exit the car? Having grown up on the back of a crash truck, fire is one of my biggest fears. Rapid exit time is crucial in a fire situation for a number of reason. I'll save my fire safety speech for the Enduro, but do any of you feel that if put in a situation that required rapid exit time that your HANS would limit that capability?

Again, thanks for all of the advice and Todd- I will absolutely take you up on the offer of a "try-it" session at Cresson, if you don't mind.

A

oz98cobra
02-13-2007, 01:08 PM
It is possible that the HANS could hinder exiting the vehicle - when I first tried mine, it hung up on the roof/window sill when getting out the first couple times, but I quickly learned to change the way I exit.

I think the key here is practice - anyone wearing a HANS should spend some time practicing how to get out of their car quickly without having the HANS get in the way.

Of course, the quick release version provides a way to quickly disconnect the HANS from the helmet, so in theory it adds an extra level of safety in case it should hang up in an emergency exit situation?

...although as AG said to me recently "if I'm getting out of a burning car, that $900 lump of carbon fiber is coming with me!" ;)

Boudy
02-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Did I read someplace, maybe a couple years ago, that NASA occationally drills rookie drivers on car exit time or something like that?

Interesting concept... Random name from TC's hat gets timed exiting every event. Just to keep up thinking about it.

Boudy

jeffburch
02-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Uuuuhhh Beavis, how much winter weight have you gained??????

jb

Boudy
02-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm up to 120 lbs but I should be back down to race trim soon. :roll:

Boudy

BTW: Like the new avatar.