PDA

View Full Version : NASA Texas 2011 Season Points!

GlennCMC70
07-17-2011, 11:01 AM
I need everyone to please review your points. Let me see if you see any errors. Let me know if you don't understand any part of what you see. We have 2 points weekends left and I want to be sure they are correct going into the final event weekend.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AjBDOVYhA7dZdDNYNGxOTW5tcnlGdmZQVXJua2pWY 1E&hl=en&single=true&gid=0&output=html

michaelmosty
07-18-2011, 10:34 AM
I should have 0 points for R2 at Hallett, I didn't take the green.

nasa-rm
07-18-2011, 12:14 PM
I'll give it a few days for anyone else and then update.

GlennCMC70
07-18-2011, 02:12 PM
I should have 0 points for R2 at Hallett, I didn't take the green.

I wish more folks were as honest as you.
Thanks so much.

Dave,
Thanks again for being so active and on top of this stuff.

Casey_SS
07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
I should have 0 points for Rounds 1 & 2 at Hallett. I was working on the car and missed the green for both races....

GlennCMC70
07-18-2011, 08:00 PM
I should have 0 points for Rounds 1 & 2 at Hallett. I was working on the car and missed the green for both races....

Dang Marshall ............

marshall_mosty
07-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Dang Marshall ............
I don't do points... That's your job... Or Dave's.... Just someone other than myself...

marshall_mosty
07-18-2011, 11:18 PM
I had enough on my hands with body contact forms to worry with who did, or didn't take the green...
As far as points go, that's for NASA to work out. They are timing and scoring, right? I just check to see if MY results are correct for ME...

GlennCMC70
07-19-2011, 07:40 PM
I had enough on my hands with body contact forms to worry with who did, or didn't take the green...
As far as points go, that's for NASA to work out. They are timing and scoring, right? I just check to see if MY results are correct for ME...

Look for an email in responce to this.

marshall_mosty
07-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Look for an email in responce to this.Received. Thanks.

Wade
07-19-2011, 11:51 PM
For race 3 at Hallett I have a 0*. What is this? I broke in R2 on Saturday, so I assume this should just be a blank for R3? If the 0* is the same, then ok. I looked at the bottom, but didn't see any anotations for the *. Thanks.

nasa-rm
07-22-2011, 08:50 PM
A * means the points were manually tweaked. I "think" in this case that you were shown in mylaps and it tried to assign points, but I knew you were out so hence the 0 for a no start.

nasa-rm
07-22-2011, 08:57 PM

Casey, I have you as DNS for race 1, but race 2 shows you have 2 laps in.

Sorry about the DNS's for Hallett.. The regular compliment of T&S staff wasn't able to make it so we had a couple people pinch hitting up stairs.

Any others? As Glenn said, thanks for being honest. It would be easy to sit back and chalk up the extra points to someone else's error, but this (NASA AI/CMC) isn't a sport for that.

Casey_SS
07-23-2011, 02:17 AM
I got the car back together mid-way through Race 2 and went out for a couple laps until it starting acting up again. I missed start though...

marshall_mosty
07-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Casey,
It isn't about taking the green. It's about finishing 50% of the laps to get points.

GlennCMC70
07-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Casey,
It isn't about taking the green. It's about finishing 50% of the laps to get points.

AI - Must complete more than half the race laps to be considered a Finisher. Non-Finishers receive half of the last place finisher's points.

Casey_SS
07-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Great info guys....thanks. I assumed it was all or nothing - you either see both the green and the checker to score points or you don't. Thanks for clarifying....I've read the rules 3 or 4 times now but obviously glazed over some things. Mindy is threatening to make flash cards for me now.....this is bad.

nasa-rm
08-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Updated after TWS. Please review :).

GlennCMC70
08-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Updated after TWS. Please review :).

Can someone add an "export to excel" button?

GlennCMC70
08-10-2011, 05:15 PM

Not Official!!!! Double check on your own. 20% drops (20 races = 4 drops).
Points standings w/ drops up to this point:
AI:
1 Marshall Mosty
2 Frank Robertson
3 Team BlueFire Racing
4 Edward Rock
5 Jim Dulaney
6 Casey Holdway
7 Chris Lyons
8 Jay Carley
9 Shawn Taylor
10 David Neary
11 Wiley Alexander

CMC2:
1 Michael Mosty
2 James Proctor
3 Steve Mulder
4 Gary Robertson
5 Team Jordan
6 Randy English
7 Wayne Stehle
8 Wade Zimmer
9 Glenn Landrum
10 Mitch Warren
11 Jason Love
12 Sam Crumpacker
13 Nicholas Valentin
14 Daniel Allford
15 Jeremy Gunter
16 Corey Reuth
17 Morgan Dawdy
18 Bryan Leinart
19 Robert Boudreaux
20 John Lingle
21 Cody Powell
22 Ken Rockwell
23 Greg Hampton
24 Nicholas Runyon
25 Raybob Coleman
26 Greg Hughes
27 David Francis

CMC1:
1 Nicholas Runyon
2 Jason Love
3 David Francis
4 Brad Densmore
5 David Sealander
6 Team Incidental Contact
7 David Love

nasa-rm
08-10-2011, 05:54 PM

I think I can. For quicker response, I'll email you a copy.

GlennCMC70
08-10-2011, 06:18 PM
I think I can. For quicker response, I'll email you a copy.

Guys - I was able to copy the text from the linked points sheet and paste it into a blank excel file. From there you can play around w/ it. I still liked my old manual version since I had most of the formula's worked out to automate the sheet. All I needed was a few more tweaks and and it would do anything I needed.

Keep in mind that poll points do not drop w/ the score if that score is a drop. If I recall, * indicates the score has a pole awards point(s) added in and later it changed to a number in ( )'s .

marshall_mosty
08-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Not Official!!!! Double check on your own. 20% drops (20 races = 4 drops).

Will we get a fifth drop at ECR. 24 races total (6 rounds, 4 races per round) = 4.8 drops?

GlennCMC70
08-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Will we get a fifth drop at ECR. 24 races total (6 rounds, 4 races per round) = 4.8 drops?

That's correct. 24 races will result in 4.8 drops and we round up. The drops are not a set number, but rather a set percentage. ECR could get canceled, and the current results would stand. We could get less than 4 races and the total for the year could be less than 24 races.

Wade
08-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I know that we have been through this, but the schedule says racing for TWS November.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/main/content.php?114-NASA-Texas-2011-RACE-SEASON-SCHEDULE

Is that for CMC? Official answer....

nasa-rm
08-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Most race classes (including AI/CMC) will be fun races only at November TWS. ECR is season end for AI/CMC.

On that note... start thinking about fun stuff for TWS. Switch cars? Have a Spec Miata racer run your car and you race theirs? Blend in some of your sessions as "DE" and you can do a rookie day like a few years back? CMC/944 grudge race (yeah..., like that would be fair.) ? Another chase race where we actually have more than 4 cars show up (and Casey can sandbag again and take it all)?

GlennCMC70
08-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Most race classes (including AI/CMC) will be fun races only at November TWS. ECR is season end for AI/CMC.

On that note... start thinking about fun stuff for TWS. Switch cars? Have a Spec Miata racer run your car and you race theirs? Blend in some of your sessions as "DE" and you can do a rookie day like a few years back? CMC/944 grudge race (yeah..., like that would be fair.) ? Another chase race where we actually have more than 4 cars show up (and Casey can sandbag again and take it all)?

TWS Nov is not a points race for AI/CMC. It was announced too late in the year.
A rookie school day is a great idea.

JasonLiiR
08-12-2011, 12:07 AM
TWS Nov is not a points race for AI/CMC. It was announced too late in the year.
A rookie school day is a great idea.

That or switching cars maybe fun. Or a chase race. Or watch Al and Todd try and keep up in a 944/cmc grudge race. They all sound fun. Can we do a little of everything? :D

kbrewmr2
08-12-2011, 11:48 AM

since when that event was first added it appeared it was going to be a "real" weekend it was announced to TT that way. They've been given 2 extra "drops" to compensate for its late addition, but hopefully there's room in the schedule to allow those that make it to compete.... :-/

Hoping there's room for PT guys too, esp since I've been a slackass about getting my car out to race. Pursuit sounds fun :)

nasa-rm
08-12-2011, 12:50 PM
That or switching cars maybe fun. Or a chase race. Or watch Al and Todd try and keep up in a 944/cmc grudge race. They all sound fun. Can we do a little of everything? :D

How about we put you in Todd's car with a rookie and you try to catch Al ?

rleng1
08-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Does this mean I get to put Al's car into the wall?
will have to re-think the switch driver thing.

JasonLiiR
08-13-2011, 06:46 PM
How about we put you in Todd's car with a rookie and you try to catch Al ?

That would be interesting. I'd sure as hell give it a shot.