PDA

View Full Version : Helmet adaptor harness

Wirtz
07-18-2011, 01:31 PM
I know this is a long shot; I am looking for a helmet radio adaptor harness. My helmet uses the NASCAR style plug, and I was asked to help drive a car that is already wired with the IMSA style radio harness. So I need an adaptor to hook them up. The one I need is a female NASCAR plug and a male IMSA plug.

Is there any chance anyone has something like that I could borrow for this coming weekend at TWS?

Thanks,
Jeff

Crumpacker
07-19-2011, 01:37 PM
No adapter, but I have a NASCAR harness. It would take a few extra seconds before and/or after your stint, but you could make it work.

Crumpacker
07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Edit: I think it's for a NASCAR plug... I'll have to doublecheck.

*I can't edit my previous post for some reason... 'Save' 'Go Advanced' & 'Cancel' buttons do nothing. Anyone else having this problem?

Wirtz
07-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks Sam. I just found one from a local racer. Hopefully will be good to go.

Jeff

GlennCMC70
07-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks Sam. I just found one from a local racer. Hopefully will be good to go.

Jeff

It would be worth your time to call Robert B and see if he knows the pin-out off the top of his head. You could check it w/ a meter and verify it will do what you want.

jeffburch
07-20-2011, 10:46 AM
I know this is a long shot; I am looking for a helmet radio adaptor harness. My helmet uses the NASCAR style plug, and I was asked to help drive a car that is already wired with the IMSA style radio harness. So I need an adaptor to hook them up. The one I need is a female NASCAR plug and a male IMSA plug.

Is there any chance anyone has something like that I could borrow for this coming weekend at TWS?

Thanks,
Jeff
Chump huh?
I'll look you up.

jb

Wirtz
07-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Chump huh?
I'll look you up.

jb

Sweet, anyone around stop on by. I'll be in the junkie looking car...

jeffburch
07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm in the Muffstain.

jb

Wirtz
07-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Just since it is quite lately;

If any of you guys get the chance to run a race at night, do it. Man, that was a blast!

Quick summary; we had a crazy quick car (RX7 with an SHO engine tucked inside). Got a large starting lap penality. Then had fuel problems through out the few several hours. A couple of rope tows into the pits, and an hour to change out the fuel pump / lines put us a bizzalion laps down. My first stint was as the sun was setting, so got to transition from light to headlights. Waaayyyy cool. Then discovered what looks pretty good in the paddock headlight wsie is a whole different ball of wax when trying to find where the heck turn 1 is at full race speed... pucker factor!

But after several stops we got the lights dialed in best we could and was able to run consistant laps during the night. I later one ended up doing a 3+ hour stint from 3am ish on till you could just start to see the sky getting light out past turn 3. After I got out of the car, we made it to about 3 hours to go in the race and then is sounds like the tranny let go.

Saw some crazy stuff; in general things look different at night from the cars that glow, spark, and in at least one case I saw, burn. The racing was much better than I was expecting. No contact with our car, and didn't hear much about it from other cars. I did see one car go off at T6 around 2am that from what i can tell, might still be out there somewhere...

JB / Corey: I lost track of your car at some point. Wa happen?

GlennCMC70
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Just since it is quite lately;

If any of you guys get the chance to run a race at night, do it. Man, that was a blast!

Quick summary; we had a crazy quick car (RX7 with an SHO engine tucked inside). Got a large starting lap penality. Then had fuel problems through out the few several hours. A couple of rope tows into the pits, and an hour to change out the fuel pump / lines put us a bizzalion laps down. My first stint was as the sun was setting, so got to transition from light to headlights. Waaayyyy cool. Then discovered what looks pretty good in the paddock headlight wsie is a whole different ball of wax when trying to find where the heck turn 1 is at full race speed... pucker factor!

But after several stops we got the lights dialed in best we could and was able to run consistant laps during the night. I later one ended up doing a 3+ hour stint from 3am ish on till you could just start to see the sky getting light out past turn 3. After I got out of the car, we made it to about 3 hours to go in the race and then is sounds like the tranny let go.

Saw some crazy stuff; in general things look different at night from the cars that glow, spark, and in at least one case I saw, burn. The racing was much better than I was expecting. No contact with our car, and didn't hear much about it from other cars. I did see one car go off at T6 around 2am that from what i can tell, might still be out there somewhere...

JB / Corey: I lost track of your car at some point. Wa happen?

Was this TWS?
I've always wanted to drive at night.
I've also sat through a 3.5 hr stint. It was too much.

Wirtz
07-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Yes sir. TWS 2.9.

The long stint was pretty wild. I felt ok in the car, but knew I needed to swap out to someone else as my line was getting sloppy. Went to jump out of the car and my legs were pretty much jello. Had to just sit on the wall for a few minutes after that while the other guys finished the stop.

michaelmosty
07-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Very cool Jeff, TWS at night does sound pretty awesome!!! We did the Chump race at TMS and they ran about 1/5th of the lights and it was still crazy dark on the infield. It must have been much worse with no exterior lights at all.

I talked to Richard and their motor leaned out to 3 lbs fuel pressure and they burned up a few pistons.