PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch Nascar at Watkins Glenn on Monday? *SPOILER*

AllZWay
08-16-2011, 10:23 AM
First off the race was not as fun to watch as in the past, but still interesting.

Wild finish and happy for Ambrose. Crazy crash at the end involving Boris....but the kicker was the post race interview with Boris said. That was freaking gold. :D

marshall_mosty
08-16-2011, 10:31 AM
I saw some highlights. Some pretty good wrecks at T1.

kbrewmr2
08-16-2011, 10:54 AM
when I grow up I want to be Boris Said

BlueFirePony
08-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Biffle, both Bush brothers, and others are punks. Too many punks get helmets on and think they are tough....I've seen it for 40 years in hockey. When I played goalie my defensement often tried to get in between me and whatever punk was slashing me but they were usually too slow...cost me a championship once but I fight my own battles.

jdlingle
08-16-2011, 05:54 PM
AJ got royally screwed by Kurt driving with his head up his ass a lap down. It's NASCAR, wait 5 minutes and theyll give you the damn thing back Kurt! RPM should have had a 1-2 finish yesterday. AJ drove back up to 8th with two extra pit stops so that was good at least. The Biff is a tool, I wish Boris would have gotten a hold of him.

ShadowBolt
08-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Like him or hate him Kyle Bush is one of the best all around drivers in NASCAR. I like him. No one can drive a loose race car like Kyle can. Tim Richmond is the only other driver that I remember that had kind of talent. But I was a big fan of John McEnroe so I like those kind of guys.

Jerry

AllZWay
08-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Like him or hate him Kyle Bush is one of the best all around drivers in NASCAR. I like him. No one can drive a loose race car like Kyle can. Tim Richmond is the only other driver that I remember that had kind of talent. But I was a big fan of John McEnroe so I like those kind of guys.

Jerry

I agree about Kyle Bush. He has tons of talent and once he grows up, people will start to appreciate his talent after he stops being a moron.

kbrewmr2
08-17-2011, 08:52 AM
once he grows up
good luck with that! hahahaaa

BlueFirePony
08-17-2011, 09:30 AM

Jerry

I thought McEnroe was a punk too. No question on the talent Jerry re: both Bush and McEnroe.But when it comes down to respect for a sportsman I could care less what the guy can do if he does it while screaming at his pit crew (or 14 year old ball boys), flipping off officials and being a general a$$.Give me Ambrose and Borg over Bus and McEnroe.

ShadowBolt
08-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Most of you are not old enough to remember but DW was hated for years because of the way he drove and his mouth. Now he is the most respected driver or ex driver except maybe for the King. Seven wins in a row at Bristol and twelve wins total there. He was know as Jaws. Kyle will grow up. This year he has already come a long way.

JJ

AllZWay
08-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Most of you are not old enough to remember but DW was hated for years because of the way he drove and his mouth. Now he is the most respected driver or ex driver except maybe for the King. Seven wins in a row at Bristol and twelve wins total there. He was know as Jaws. Kyle will grow up. This year he has already come a long way.

JJ

Earhnhardt was also hated at times.

Bush will grow up... people don't realize it but I think he is only 23 now.

BlueFirePony
08-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Kyle will grow up. This year he has already come a long way.

JJ

<soapbox>When we have 18 year olds "grown up" enough to sign up to defend their country (or 17 in my son's case...he enlisted when he was a junior in high school) I have no interest in waiting on 23 year old "talent" to act respectful.
Most of us knew respect before we were 14 - something's broke if we have to wait on someone to get to 21.
Its the same in other sports, hollywood, and just about every aspect of society. I know this is not a new thing but we really need our youth to "get with it" sooner and stop repeating the same mistakes as the previous generation.
It's not just a few "celebrities" - I've seen a steady increase in BS behavior over 20 years in the business world and I sure saw it on the field of play (and the stands).
Just because no one stops you doesn't mean you should do it.
The fact that marketing types leverage the stupid "bad boy" image successfully while truly good people get trampled is a terrible reflection on us as a whole.
Too many excuses for poor behavior...I don't care that DW did it or Earnhart or Babe Ruth or Clinton.
It was wrong then and it's wrong now...IMO its a universal truth and its sad that we can't seem to improve - and I truly think it is getting worse
Disrespect sux if you are poor, it sux if you are rich, it sux if you went to an Ivy league school and it sux if you dropped out of school in 4th grade.
I am not expecting angel like behavior or for Kyle to give everyone hugs after every race, or even for everyone to enjoy each others company...we all have our tolerances - "I might just push back the next time you shove" - but a relatively consistent positive regard towards other people is not too much to ask is it?
I can pile my woes and the shit I've waded through in my life right next to everyone else's pile - doesn't give me a right to drop that pile on anyone else.
</soapbox>
This has been an unsolicited vent...back to your regularly scheduled posts...