PDA

View Full Version : Broken pieces...

BlueFirePony
10-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Anyone know of a salvage/reclaimer that will pay for bulk broken/spent items like rotors, cross-members, etc. Turns out I have a lot more of that stuff lying around than I thought (and two more rotors to add to the pile). Want to clean up/out before starting the work on the car...

GlennCMC70
10-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Any scrap recyclers will buy it. Steel (tin) is pretty much not worth the fuel to get it there. I only take steel if I have alot - like a used up 4th gen chassis. I put everything I had around here in that chassis and it was under 1000lbs. Got about $30 for it if I recall. For some reason $100 per ton is what I'm remembering. Since copper is way, way down right now, my bet is steel is that way as well.
Call first to see what the price is first. I normally put that type stuff to the curb and wait for the local scappers to find it. They usually are about an hour ahead of the city trash truck. If the scrappers don't take it, the city will. You may be better off making some calls to those guys who will come get it and set it to the curb.