PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the newbies!

Al Fernandez
11-28-2011, 03:08 PM
NASA held a competition license school this past weekend. Ben Northrup and Jeff Tilton now have their provisionals and are eager to start running CMC next year. Great to meet both of you guys and looking forward to watching you guys progress next year!

We also had a couple of guys running DE realize that the AI/CMC family is really where they need to be: Charles Gaines and Kevin Jander. Both of these guys were out in practically new cars (an SS 5th gen and Z06) and they were drooling over such awesome hardware as the creamsicle!! And of course Mindy Holdway and Papa Kellam were enjoying some DE time in anticipation of a future comp license. If you havent seen Mindy try to get out of Casey's car, you're missing out. Makes me falling out on my butt look positively gracefull!

Our racing clinic wasnt as overcome with participants as our rookie day of a few years past, but Casey Holdway, Dave Neary, Wade Zimmer, and Ryan Peterson spent about 3.5hrs chatting with Patterson and Landrun about everything imagineable. That was well more than we had timed for, so either the discussion was worth it or these guys are too polite to tell The Alien to shut it! I would expect these guys to kick all of your asses next year! ;)

Crumpacker
11-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Ben Northrup and Jeff Tilton now have their provisionals and are eager to start running CMC next year.

...and they were drooling over such awesome hardware as the creamsicle!!

Congrats guys!

and quit hate'n on the creamsicle! ;) It was ugly as sin this weekend though - complete with maroon passenger door and red wheels (from the 55).

Tilton
11-28-2011, 04:09 PM
I had a blast! 2 and 3 wide drills were intense with the wet track. A big thanks to all of the veterans who drove along side us during the practice starts and races giving us a glimpse of what's to come.

kbrewmr2
11-28-2011, 05:23 PM
these were the teal Firebird and red Mustang right? Looked good out there in the TT group after comp school, especially with Neary chasing them :)

Fbody383
11-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Ben Northrup, Jeff Tilton, and Ken Brewer now have their provisionals and are eager to start running CMC next year.I fixed it for ya Al.

I would expect these guys to kick all of your asses next year! Man the mid-pack keeps getting thicker... welcome aboard guys!

kbrewmr2
11-29-2011, 11:29 AM
heheh, I've been off of my provisional before I ever even ran my first NASA-TX event :lol: