ShadowBolt
12-07-2011, 10:58 AM
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/f1-in-austin-remains-on-calendar

JJ

BlueFirePony
12-07-2011, 11:17 AM
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/f1-in-austin-remains-on-calendar

JJ
Neither Helmund nor Epstein are listed on the website as founding partners...just Red.....hmmmm.

BryanL
12-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Just received that email. This week McCombs stepped out of an investment we were in. Guess he needed to stroke the check to Bernie instead.

kbrewmr2
12-07-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm at the point to where I won't believe it'll actually happen until Webber flubs the start and loses 6 spots

Alien
12-07-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm at the point to where I won't believe it'll actually happen until Webber flubs the start and loses 6 spots
Don't you mean "until Darrell Waltrip says 'Boogity! Boogity! Boogity!'"

AllZWay
12-07-2011, 02:09 PM

I can live with this.... especially if it is for the Australian V8 Supercars.

I am still going to be suprised if this deal actually makes all the way.

jdlingle
12-07-2011, 02:33 PM

My personal favorite was when he described no fewer than 4 drivers to Kyle Busch during different parts of the broadcast (Giz, Frosty, Whincup and Lowndes that I remember). Never mind that all of them were completely different styles and he never compared any of the drivers to any other NASCAR drivers. I think he has a poster of KB on the ceiling above his bed.

Glad to see see COTA pull its head and its pen out and get this thing done. I dont see how they can complete the track in time for the 2012 race though after this shutdown. But Bernie has his 25 mil so at least he's done worrying! Cant wait for the 2013 V8 race!

ShadowBolt
12-07-2011, 04:23 PM
I can live with this.... especially if it is for the Australian V8 Supercars.

I am still going to be suprised if this deal actually makes all the way.

I was never all that worried (okay, yes I was). This is not like some of the BS tracks that were supposed to be on the way to Houston or the Metroplex the last few years. They have real money behind them and they have already spent millions. This track IS going to happen or Bernie would not have added it to the F1 schedule. I'm already on the list to be contacted for an RV spot. I want to see F1 and Moto GP. Then I want to race on the track at the NASA Nationals in 2013. Need to change from Sept. to Oct. though.

IN fact we can drop MSRH and ECR and do Austin two times a year CW and CCW.

JJ

BlueFirePony
12-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I was never all that worried (okay, yes I was). This is not like some of the BS tracks that were supposed to be on the way to Houston or the Metroplex the last few years. They have real money behind them and they have already spent millions. This track IS going to happen or Bernie would not have added it to the F1 schedule. I'm already on the list to be contacted for an RV spot. I want to see F1 and Moto GP. Then I want to race on the track at the NASA Nationals in 2013. Need to change from Sept. to Oct. though.

IN fact we can drop MSRH and ECR and do Austin two times a year CW and CCW.

JJ
I agree that Bernie would likely not allow it to be publically on the schedule if there was a lot of doubt...even a $5M penalty (or is it more?) would not be enough to compensate for the bad PR...US GP fans would blame COTA but world-wide fans would look at Bernie...he did let Korea get pretty close to the wire....
I'd be game for driving two or three or even four events at a world class track like COTA. As for the spectator part...damn awesome to have F1, MotoGP, Aussie V8s all within 3 hours each year...I'm still giddy.

GlennCMC70
12-07-2011, 08:05 PM
If NASA can swing it, there will be a Nat's at COTA. My thinking is the new NOLA track has a better chance cost wise. I have yet to see what the facility looks like though.
COTA's would draw major car count though.

Nat's will likey keep moving around the country to keep it fresh and available to all. The return to Mid Ohio was only to follow through w/ the original 5 year deal NASA signed-up for starting in 2006. Miller got put in there for a couple years. I'm thinking RA will be an obvious location as well as anything in the southern states that is able to host it. At one time there was talks the the owners of TWS wanted to host it.

Casey_SS
12-08-2011, 12:12 AM
:idea:

Casey_SS
12-08-2011, 12:18 AM
If NASA can swing it, there will be a Nat's at COTA. My thinking is the new NOLA track has a better chance cost wise. I have yet to see what the facility looks like though.
COTA's would draw major car count though.

Nat's will likey keep moving around the country to keep it fresh and available to all. The return to Mid Ohio was only to follow through w/ the original 5 year deal NASA signed-up for starting in 2006. Miller got put in there for a couple years. I'm thinking RA will be an obvious location as well as anything in the southern states that is able to host it. At one time there was talks the the owners of TWS wanted to host it.

COTA....COTA....COTA...COTA.....COTA...........BRE ATHE.......<drink>drink....COTA....COTA....COTA.....ok, I'm tired now. let's just race somewhere close to Jerry :cool:</drink>