PDA

View Full Version : 98 TransAm AI car for sale; $9k OBO

cdfmg
12-08-2011, 03:32 PM
This is a near race ready car, or a great HPDE or TT car. 335 hp/340 lbs torque; 2850 lbs.

THE PRICE: I have about $10,000 in the car, but I need it gone and will entertain any reasonable offers. It's out at TWS now.

No, I don't really want to part it out, but talk to me in a few months.

See info, photos and dyno sheet at: http://www.wix.com/cdfmg50/98-transam

I bought this car a while back from a builder/driver who prepped it for American Iron or TT. It was going to be a practice car while I was getting an AI car ready, but it is just too much to try to keep 2 cars on the track, so I am selling this one to focus on the other one which I have a whole lot more money and time in.

I have only had it on the track one time, that being an afternoon test and tune at TWS. It handles great, pulls like it should given the dyno sheet, and has the potential to be a really fast car. I chased some issues with the ABS for a while and then deleted it. It has no brake boost, so it takes some pedal pressure for braking, but it is adequate. The engine did not care much for the long sweeping turns at TWS and the oil temp was up in the high twos, but the water temp was never an issue. As with all LS1’s, however, you probably should consider an oil cooler.

The photos show the car with some 17 inch C5 Z06 Corvette wheels with Toyo skins, and they do not go with the car. I have some good 17 inch racing wheels with some run out Hoosiers on them which go with the car. If you really want the vette wheels and Toyos we can talk, but that's not part of the deal.

The description below is mostly from my seller except that it used to have a RAM clutch and I replaced that with: "New CenterForce clutch and throw out bearing (less than one hour);” and I just put in an adjustable brake bias dial, new calipers and pads on the rear and installed a new passenger harness. Also, got a ramp ding last outing and front splitter needs a little attention, but it looks like a easy fix.

'98 Trans Am.
'99 LS1 engine, 40,000 on motor, recently installed, 2 test and tune weekends on it. Improved Racing oil baffle. HP tuners MAF less tune. '98 engine harness/computer.
Custom CAI, no MAF, KN filter.
Pacesetter headers, short exaust.
Large aluminium radiator and lightweight electric fan, mounted LM Corvette style.
Turn one PS pump.
'00 T-56 trans
New CenterForce clutch and throw out bearing (less than one hour).
Tilton floor mount pedals.
Wilwood MC's. Dual brake MC's with balance bar, and ABS deleted.
Woodward collapsible steering column, quick disconnect steering wheel.
Kirkey Road Race seat. Factory passenger seat also included.
Pedals, steering, seat relocated 12" rearward and 4" toward center.
Window net.
Full cage, w/left side NASCAR door bars. Shock tower brace incorporated.
Light weight 17x9 wheels. Hawk Pads front.
Remote adjustable brake bias dial.
New rear calipers and stock pads.
New passenger harness.
UE aluminium Blistein Shocks. 900lb front, 450lb rear springs, UE lowered adjustable panhard rod. Weight jackers. Strano front bar, 24mm rear bar.
Large rear adjustable Lexan spoiler. Front spliter with fibreglass bumper cover incorporated.
Fibreglass hood. Lightweight battery in box.
2850lb total weight. Still has glass windshield and rear window, so you can still drop that weight some more.
Built it for AI, but can fit TTA or TTS.
Very fast, reliable and competitive.

PM me, email me at 1@bucksargent.com, or call me at 936-499-3223.