PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen rear diff w/ 3.42 gears and old style T2R

mitchntx
12-20-2011, 04:44 AM
Sold!

mitchntx
01-04-2012, 07:29 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't sold already. The cost of the LSD and install is more than my asking price for a whole diff.

It's a 60 minute swap in a 4th gen and no mess.

Casey_SS
01-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Where were you when I blew up my diff at TWS?

Racers are a fickle market but if you time it just right, fools and money part ways fast. Here's an idea for you - load all your spares in the trailer and haul it to Hallett along with a phone app to process credit card payments. You'll make a killing and come home with an empty trailer. Everybody needs something at Hallett ;)

mitchntx
01-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Where were you when I blew up my diff at TWS?

Racers are a fickle market but if you time it just right, fools and money part ways fast. Here's an idea for you - load all your spares in the trailer and haul it to Hallett along with a phone app to process credit card payments. You'll make a killing and come home with an empty trailer. Everybody needs something at Hallett ;)

I would love nothing more than to be omni-present. alas ...;)

Something that might be misleading is that the "old style T2R" is the one to have.
The newer ones are prone to cracking the carrier case.S
peculation is they began using casting from China instead of the US.

And no one has come up with a substitute that has the lifespan and reliability of the old T2R.

For those of you spinning up the inside tire while negotiating a turn (cough David Francis cough), this will improve your handling 10 fold. :cool:

ShadowBolt
01-05-2012, 08:49 AM
We don't need DF to improve his handling any fold.

I need this set-up bad. Ever since the axle tube welds broke at Hallett I have a noise that I'm sure is in the rear end. I drained the fluid and did not see any metal but since I know my diff has troubles I need a set-up just like this but for a SN99. Mitch is correct about the old T2R's being the hot ticket. There are pages and pages on the web about how the new one's suck and the old one's lasted forever.

JJ

Alien
01-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Trust me, I know that's the T2R I want for Knocker. I'm trying to find a reason to buy the rest of the rear end (not going to put in a 4th gen rear into Knocker any time soon). I have a third gen project car that I could put it on. Bolt some LT1 calipers on and you've got a deal.

mitchntx
01-05-2012, 07:21 PM
you've got a deal.

OK ... want to pick it up this weekend?

Better hurry before Pranav "needs" it.

Alien
01-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Oh for the love of all that is holy, I'll pay you just so Pranav doesn't get it ;)

Email sent.

mitchntx
01-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Sold