PDA

View Full Version : Bullet mufflers

BryanL
03-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Looking to buy or borrow 2.5 or 3 inch mufflers. I changed my y pipe and would like to try some different mufflers whenever I make it to the dyno. If anyone has any laying around that they won't use let me know.
I'll be at cresson Saturday too

y5e06
03-15-2012, 10:33 AM
what did you have before? i ran a bullet on my last Y and then changed to a flowmaster 40 deltaflow which I like much better in regards to sound, lack of rasp, and decibel level.
I wouldn't run a bullet again unless you are most concerned with weight.
both were/are located in place of where the single cat would be on pre '96 LT1s.

edrock96GT
03-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I have a 2.5" SLP Loudmouth, but I only have one (put the other one on my truck).

...and it's missing the clamp.

BryanL
03-15-2012, 01:39 PM
I have a 2.5" SLP Loudmouth, but I only have one (put the other one on my truck).

...and it's missing the clamp.

That is perfect i only need one and would like to see how the loudmouth compares to a dynomax Please bring it if you can

Before I had a custom y with cats and rest was custom 3" without a muffler but it was pretty quiet. Now I have a Mac y pipe without cats and I think it is 2.5" exiting the y. I dont find any 2.5 to 3 inch pipes an only see reducers?

GlennCMC70
03-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Stock pipe size at the outlet of the Y was 2.75". It is likely the MAC unit has the same so as to mate up w/ the OEM stuff.

BryanL
03-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Stock pipe size at the outlet of the Y was 2.75". It is likely the MAC unit has the same so as to mate up w/ the OEM stuff.

You are correct sir. Car isn't here but I have a stock y and it looks like 2.5 inner and 2.75 outer. I measuredy custom y and I think it was 3" out of the cats and 3.5" at the Y so it would have been 3.5" out the back. Seems too big so now I am real curious how the dyno will turn out especially the torque
Rock-I would still like to try the loudmouth

Y5-weight isn't a concern since I am underweight but I generally don't like flow masters. I'll look them up to see how big it is. I thought a bullet might fit best with just a turndown agterwards

BryanL
04-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Does it matter which way I mount the SLP muffler as far as airflow? Can either end be used as the inlet? I'm having trouble getting the muffler an Y hooked up since they are both the same 2.5" OD? Does anyone have a 2.5" lap band connector?

Is it okay if I run with just the Y pipe open and no muffler or turndown?

Or anyone have a welder to weld up the exhaust at the track?

edrock96GT
04-25-2012, 12:01 PM
The baffle (the only one baffle) is at the back so I'd say it's one direction only. I used a lap band type connector to fit the one on my truck since I had the same issue.

Edit: If you're registered for AI then having an open exhaust shouldn't be a problem. :)

David Love AI27
04-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Does it matter which way I mount the SLP muffler as far as airflow? Can either end be used as the inlet? I'm having trouble getting the muffler an Y hooked up since they are both the same 2.5" OD? Does anyone have a 2.5" lap band connector?

Is it okay if I run with just the Y pipe open and no muffler or turndown?

Or anyone have a welder to weld up the exhaust at the track?

WTF?... one direction or the other? who cares? one way is straight flow through the other has some restriction... I have a "Y" pipe going to a straight pipe with a turn down...

Last time I took the car to a mom and pop shop it cost 75 bucks... if you can't figger sumpin out bring er to the track and i'll hook you up after the enduro... you gotta hold the extingusher for me tho....

if anyone spell checks me they can kiss my a$$

Rob Liebbe
04-26-2012, 08:30 AM
WTF?... one direction or the other? who cares? one way is straight flow through the other has some restriction... I have a "Y" pipe going to a straight pipe with a turn down...

Last time I took the car to a mom and pop shop it cost 75 bucks... if you can't figger sumpin out bring er to the track and i'll hook you up after the enduro... you gotta hold the extingusher for me tho....

You misspelled "ass". :cool:

David Love AI27
04-26-2012, 09:22 AM
You misspelled "ass". :cool:

sorry "arse"

BryanL
04-26-2012, 10:52 AM

Easy there Dr. Gas. I'm going to take the resonator to a shop today and see what they can do. I'll get with you after the Enduro to finger it all out and don't mind holding the extinguisher.