PDA

View Full Version : WTBorrow-4th Gen Front Shocks

BryanL
04-05-2012, 12:30 PM
I have fronts on order but they won't be here for TWS. Just checking to see if anyone had some decent fronts to try so I could run TWS? I don't have any travel with mine-maybe I should try to adjust the front spring somehow to get a little travel?

ShadowBolt
04-05-2012, 01:00 PM
I have fronts on order but they won't be here for TWS. Just checking to see if anyone had some decent fronts to try so I could run TWS? I don't have any travel with mine-maybe I should try to adjust the front spring somehow to get a little travel?

You currently running a coilbind set-up like NASCAR used to?

JJ

ShadowBolt
04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
BL,

If you have no travel now, won't you need shorter shocks or is the shock not your issue? My car has only 3/8" rear shock travel before it hits the bumpstop (the one on the shock cut in half). This is the way I got it from Tony. I don't know how much real rear end travel that makes but I'm adding 1/2" longer springs and looking at some shocks at Day Motorsports (dirt track shop) that would give me more travel.

JJ

GlennCMC70
04-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Call me.

BryanL
04-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes, I think I need shorter than stock shocks which I think the new ones will be. I don't know about the old coilbind setup. Maybe I could try a longer spring. I'm planning to get the car in the garage this weekend to see what needs to be done for TWS. I'll check the front shocks to see if I can adjust the spring to help some. So I'm going to start making excuses about shocks, old tires, brakes, less power from new exhaust, hurt ribs, handicapped, BL's, LS1's weigh penalty, Mustang's are better, etc.

....but I'll still be faster than the 55!!!!

ShadowBolt
04-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Yes, I think I need shorter than stock shocks which I think the new ones will be. I don't know about the old coilbind setup. Maybe I could try a longer spring. I'm planning to get the car in the garage this weekend to see what needs to be done for TWS. I'll check the front shocks to see if I can adjust the spring to help some. So I'm going to start making excuses about shocks, old tires, brakes, less power from new exhaust, hurt ribs, handicapped, BL's, LS1's weigh penalty, Mustang's are better, etc.

....but I'll still be faster than the 55!!!!

Bring a dyno sheet and your checkbook!

JJ

BryanL
04-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I'll just pull the restrictor and weight for AI.

I pulled one of the fronts and took the spring off. When I push it down by hand it does come back after about 15 seconds. So now I need to try and figure out the best way to adjust the springs to possibly give me a little travel. My thought is to adjust the collar closer to the spring which would be moving the collar higher up.

AllZWay
04-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Bryan,

I am not sure I understand what you are needing, but I have the Bilstein shocks and 700lb springs I took off my car if you need to use them temporarily.

James

BryanL
04-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Jp-give me a call or pm your number

BryanL
04-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks Procter. I'll give you a point by so you can hang some manties for the front shocks
I can compress my shocks pushing it together with my hands much less using my body weight. Now I might be able to start talking smack and shouldn't run any laps over 2 flat. The double nickel better hope I don't hit a dyno and try to join the podium in cmc since there aren't many trophy girls showing up.

ShadowBolt
04-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks Procter. I'll give you a point by so you can hang some manties for the front shocks
I can compress my shocks pushing it together with my hands much less using my body weight. Now I might be able to start talking smack and shouldn't run any laps over 2 flat. The double nickel better hope I don't hit a dyno and try to join the podium in cmc since there aren't many trophy girls showing up.

Bring it!

JJ

HoustonNW
04-12-2012, 09:39 PM
I'll just pull the restrictor and weight for AI.

Have you changed the motor since last year? The HP can't be that much different, maybe you can run CMC on a provisional basis? I would agree to it.

rleng1
04-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Leave the restrictor, run CMC.....where you belong.

BryanL
04-13-2012, 02:48 PM
I changed the exhaust manifolds to the earlier style that don't flow as well and are lighter. Then I took off the cats and 3.5" exhaust and have gone to a 2.5" exhaust. I don't think its going to make much a difference in power. Then again maybe I was figuring on stuffing some manties in my bag for my old lady to find in the laundry and getting questioned what happened at the track.