PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

blk96gt
04-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Howdy everyone. Name is Kevin Jander. Met a number of you guys this past weekend at TWS, and I met a few others at the NASA TWS event in November. I've pretty much decided that my current car is just too expensive to keep playing with at the track, so I've decided a better solution may be to either pick up a track ready car if I can find one or build up my own. Then just do DE's for the next year or two and actually learn how to drive the car. The ideal car for me would be a 94-95 5.0, but I'm not against a 4.6 sn95 that is pre-built. I may consider a fox body as well if it is track ready. If anyone knows of a car fitting these criteria let me know!

Looking forward meeting more of you in the future and hope to be competing against you guys in the future!

Wade
04-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Are you local to BCS? I have to ask since you've made our last two TWS events but didn't mention any others. I run CMC34 (white fox) and live in Bryan. Sam Crumpacker runs an orange SN95 5.0 and is also local. Maybe this would interest you?? I have never seen teh car, and don't know the seller, but it seems to fit your want list. Welcome!

http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4134

"Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:30 pm Post subject: SN95 CMC GT Mustang $6500 all Legal and ready to race

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Racing Season has started. I still have for sale the best car deal available to go racing in CMC right now. Nothing to do but put gas in it. This car has all the right stuff in it to be a front runner. All Maximum Motorsports and Ford Racing parts. Fresh 10 to 1 motor with all new internals. Only seven weekends on this entire set up. Schroth belts, Sparco Evo seat, Momo steering, complete Autometer guage cluster. Custom welded cage for large or small drivers. You can't beat this deal. The parts list alone adds up to over 10k and you still would have to buy a car and do all the work, plus we all know a stock motor is not going to be competetive and motors are expensive. This car has a new one and it was built right. Why not buy a car that's ready to race and save all the hassle. I can arrange shippping to Texas for $700. Call me and I'll be happy to tell you what's in this car and send you pictures.

Pat Stone
408 204 8842

blk96gt
04-30-2012, 01:41 PM
I live in Houston. The TWS events just happened to be when I was in from offshore, so those have been the ones I've made so far. I believe I met you over the weekend Wade, I was the big buy in the blue shirt driving the black Camaro SS in the DE sessions.

Yeah I saw that add and had thought about giving him a call. I hate to buy a car that I can't see in person though. Even if it had some parts that needed replaced/fixed, I still don't think I could build one for that cheap.

Alien
04-30-2012, 03:40 PM
http://www.aicmctexas.com/main/showthread.php?4284-Mustangs-and-more-for-sale

Boudy, I want a finders fee!

RichardP
04-30-2012, 03:48 PM
http://www.aicmctexas.com/main/showthread.php?4284-Mustangs-and-more-for-sale

Boudy, I want a finders fee!

I wouldn't bother. If you ask about it you just get a long, sour grapes, tirade on the inability of a Fox platform to compete in CMC. He doesn't actually appear to want to sell it...

Richard P.

michaelmosty
04-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't bother. If you ask about it you just get a long, sour grapes, tirade on the inability of a Fox platform to compete in CMC. He doesn't actually appear to want to sell it...

Richard P.
You are funny!!
If Boudy putting his car for sale is all smoke and mirrors then call me and I'll sell mine for that price, if that is what it will take to make it right. ;^)

RichardP
04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
You are funny!!
If Boudy putting his car for sale is all smoke and mirrors then call me and I'll sell mine for that price, if that is what it will take to make it right. ;^)

I've got a friend who is looking for a car but I'm not going to pass along your information 'cause we are having too much fun running against you...

Richard P.

jdlingle
04-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Howdy everyone. Name is Kevin Jander. Met a number of you guys this past weekend at TWS, and I met a few others at the NASA TWS event in November. I've pretty much decided that my current car is just too expensive to keep playing with at the track, so I've decided a better solution may be to either pick up a track ready car if I can find one or build up my own. Then just do DE's for the next year or two and actually learn how to drive the car. The ideal car for me would be a 94-95 5.0, but I'm not against a 4.6 sn95 that is pre-built. I may consider a fox body as well if it is track ready. If anyone knows of a car fitting these criteria let me know!

Looking forward meeting more of you in the future and hope to be competing against you guys in the future!

Nice meeting you this weekend. Let us know if you find a car and need somebody to go look at it with you.

Al Fernandez
04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the madness Kevin!! I've know Pat for ten years. He and his partner Dave Morin build very nice cars. Give me a call, I have plenty of details about this car. Its a steal.

blk96gt
04-30-2012, 11:30 PM
I called and left a voice mail with Pat earlier this afternoon and never got a response. He may have sold it.

Rsmith350
05-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Welcome Kevin! What part of Houston do you live in?

blk96gt
05-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Kingwood.

blk96gt
05-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Any of you guys still have a passenger seat? I'd love to take take a ride in one of these things before I decide to pull the trigger. Doesn't matter if it's a Camaro or Mustang.

David Love AI27
05-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Any of you guys still have a passenger seat? I'd love to take take a ride in one of these things before I decide to pull the trigger. Doesn't matter if it's a Camaro or Mustang.

YEP... I'll let you know the next The Drivers Edge event I work...

RichardP
05-01-2012, 08:08 PM

I'm planning on doing one day (Sunday) of the Grand Sport Speedway event in a few weeks . Any session I don't have a passenger is wasted...

Richard P.

blk96gt
05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
If I can get another set of rims by then I will probably be there. May just come down for the day anyways.

David Love AI27
05-01-2012, 11:51 PM
i'm planning on doing one day (sunday) of the grand sport speedway event in a few weeks . Any session i don't have a passenger is wasted...

Richard p.

ditto

mitchntx
05-02-2012, 09:50 AM
If you are interested in a 4th gen, send me an e-mail.

GlennCMC70
05-02-2012, 11:15 PM
http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3966

jdlingle
05-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Good looking car. Damn good price.

blk96gt
05-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Too bad I just found out today that I'll still be going offshore for the next couple months. That means I'll have to wait to buy a car. We have to use a company truck and they don't allow us to tow anything with it. Until I can get into the office I won't be able to get my own truck. Oh well. It looks like these cars don't sell that quick and I'm sure some more will come up for sell at the end of the season.

Also RichardP/David Love, I won't be able to make the GSS event anymore, so keep me informed of the next DE event you attend and I'll try to make it over there for a ride.

David Love AI27
05-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Too bad I just found out today that I'll still be going offshore for the next couple months. That means I'll have to wait to buy a car. We have to use a company truck and they don't allow us to tow anything with it. Until I can get into the office I won't be able to get my own truck. Oh well. It looks like these cars don't sell that quick and I'm sure some more will come up for sell at the end of the season.

Also RichardP/David Love, I won't be able to make the GSS event anymore, so keep me informed of the next DE event you attend and I'll try to make it over there for a ride.

Offshore??? just have your first weeks check transfered to the car seller, I'll pick it up and we can sort out the rest of the details later... I have lots of race car sitting around my shop... one more won't make a difference... plus I can sort it out for you while you are gone.. If I put it one the pole at TWS it will cost you...

Rsmith350
05-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Damn! I was hoping to snag that spot lol

blk96gt
05-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Offshore??? just have your first weeks check transfered to the car seller, I'll pick it up and we can sort out the rest of the details later... I have lots of race car sitting around my shop... one more won't make a difference... plus I can sort it out for you while you are gone.. If I put it one the pole at TWS it will cost you...
I like the way you think! Car is on its way...

jdlingle
05-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I bet David would cut you a hell of a deal on the 22 car! :cool:

David Love AI27
05-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Damn! I was hoping to snag that spot lol

You still coming this weekend?

David Love AI27
05-05-2012, 12:02 AM
i bet david would cut you a hell of a deal on the 22 car! :cool:

yep!!

Rsmith350