PDA

View Full Version : TWS Media

Alien
04-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Some pics from Terry Fair of Vorshlag (and that red S197 Mustang with the HUUUUGE wing :))

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-Events/NASA-TWS-042812/22727810_PdtNFf#!i=1822408976&k=Jr6VpzT
"I'm only wearing black until they make something darker"

smitty328
05-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Here's race 3. I can't believe that strap is in the way! It's annoying but it's a good view of the battle between James and Dan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yog3ef1ZC_U

Casey_SS
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Nice driving Mark. How much track experience did you say you have? Much better than my rookie debut....heh...my video was just a bloopers reel :rolleyes:

GlennCMC70
05-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Nice driving Mark. How much track experience did you say you have? Much better than my rookie debut....heh...my video was just a bloopers reel :rolleyes:

He's got alot more than he is letting on to.

Marshall - gotta get this guy on the Dyno and RA1's!

jdlingle
05-01-2012, 05:03 PM
It says "This vdeo is private" when I try to play it. What do I need to do to see the video?

smitty328
05-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I just put a new link up. The first one was incomplete.

smitty328
05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
He's got alot more than he is letting on to.

Marshall - gotta get this guy on the Dyno and RA1's!

I'm not trying to hide any awesome driving skills that I've been honing for years. I bought a GT500 in Feb of 2011(first car in 20+ years, I'm a truck guy). Did a Drivers Edge event nine days later and joined MSR on the following Monday. I was hooked the first session. Brian Calder was out there a few months later and was lapping me like I was standing still. I figured out that a GT500 is not a track car, so I bought a little Miata and drove it all summer. I learned a ton in that car! I did one day with a driving coach in the Miata plus about 5 HPDEs in the GT500 and then the Boss.

I got my Boss in November and have put 1800 miles on it since then. That's a lot of track miles! I’ve watched countless hours of you tube videos, yes I’m a little obsessed...

Anyway I'm not trying to hide anything, I'm just having a blast.

GlennCMC70
05-01-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm just busting your balls. You did great this weekend. Clean driving and letting the other class cars battle and didn't seem to affect them any. Can't ask for anymore than that.

HoustonNW
05-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Nice video Mark, even with the windshield wiper effect.

By the way, I think there is something wrong with your data acquisition system, it shows you shifting at more than 7500 rpm! ;)

RichardP
05-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Start of Race 4: Dan trying to uninvert himself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNhpV8za3wU

Richard P.

smitty328
05-02-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm just busting your balls. You did great this weekend. Clean driving and letting the other class cars battle and didn't seem to affect them any. Can't ask for anymore than that.

Ok, but just don't bust them too much, I found a new use for them at TWS... turn 1.

And thanks. I accomplished my goal of completing 4 races, no contact and not getting in anyone's way.

ShadowBolt
05-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Ok, but just don't bust them too much, I found a new use for them at TWS... turn 1.

I don't know if it can be done in your car but at CMC power you can hold it to the floor through turn one. At first you don't believe it but it's not that big a deal after you do it awhile. For me going the other way requires way more sack. Don't lift until you get to the grass after the hot pit then get turned into what is trun one going that way (CW). For my car CCW only takes half a sack full. CW takes a full sack because the rear of the car floats around as you try to get slowed down going down the hill.

I can't believe how fast we go through some of the slower turns. The info on screen in your video was cool. Most of the turns we are going highway speeds and (at least at TWS) we hit the century mark several times a lap. No wonder Jay usually has to call me as we are leaving going down highway six to tell me that I'm going 85 in the RV pulling the race car. You lose all respect for highway speeds.

JJ

AllZWay
05-02-2012, 09:00 AM
No wonder Jay usually has to call me as we are leaving going down highway six to tell me that I'm going 85 in the RV pulling the race car. You lose all respect for highway speeds.

JJ

I have this problem as well.... I crawl out of the race car still hyped up and then head home and I have to keep telling myself to slow down and stop driving slo close to the car in front of me. :D

mitchntx
05-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Here's race 3. I can't believe that strap is in the way! It's annoying but it's a good view of the battle between James and Dan.

8K????

Holy crap!

smitty328
05-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I don't know if it can be done in your car but at CMC power you can hold it to the floor through turn one. At first you don't believe it but it's not that big a deal after you do it awhile. For me going the other way requires way more sack. Don't lift until you get to the grass after the hot pit then get turned into what is trun one going that way (CW). For my car CCW only takes half a sack full. CW takes a full sack because the rear of the car floats around as you try to get slowed down going down the hill.

I can't believe how fast we go through some of the slower turns. The info on screen in your video was cool. Most of the turns we are going highway speeds and (at least at TWS) we hit the century mark several times a lap. No wonder Jay usually has to call me as we are leaving going down highway six to tell me that I'm going 85 in the RV pulling the race car. You lose all respect for highway speeds.

JJ

I don't think I could do it in my car but I think YOU could. I think there might be something wrong with you. I watchd you drive your motorhome around the garages, do a 180 in the grid area and back around to the garages where you parked, I don't think you ever lifted. Not sure how many you passed.

BryanL
05-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't know if it can be done in your car but at CMC power you can hold it to the floor through turn one. At first you don't believe it but it's not that big a deal after you do it awhile.

JJ

When are you talking about getting on the gas to go full throttle? The yellow square? Would it depend on how much you slow down for turn 1 from the front straight.

ShadowBolt
05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
When are you talking about getting on the gas to go full throttle? The yellow square? Would it depend on how much you slow down for turn 1 from the front straight.

Your talking about turn two. I'm saying flat out through turn one then on the brakes to the yellow square.

JJ

Crumpacker
05-02-2012, 12:39 PM
you guys use the brakes in 1/2..?

BryanL
05-02-2012, 02:54 PM

Like I said-I need some coaching. I'm not any faster than I was several years ago and really a little slower. So walk me through 1/2 after the start/finish line. After the transition Daddy Crump-yes I am on the brakes.

Mark-cool video with the telemetry. I didn't notice the brake light working though-maybe I need to trace some more wiring? Doesn't everybody run it up to 7k on the front straight?

Fbody383
05-02-2012, 04:38 PM
you guys use the brakes in 1/2..?Not when I want ice cream... Overall was a good Turn 1/2 weekend for me.

GlennCMC70
05-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Need more vids!

ShadowBolt
05-03-2012, 09:08 AM

Not in turn one unless there is lots of traffic. If you lift early (before the transion) just the turn will scrub enough speed not to hit the brakes but if you are able to hold it on the floor through turn one and not touch the brakes prior to turn two that is why you are the man at TWS.

JJ

Crumpacker
05-03-2012, 10:27 AM
So walk me through 1/2 after the start/finish line. After the transition Daddy Crump-yes I am on the brakes.

I'm messing with you guys, I definitely use the brakes 1/2.

The trick is not to use the middle pedal - instead, get a firm handle on the e-brake and yank with all your might the instant you turn in for 2. Your arm will get sore after the first few laps, but keep going... there's no better way to rotate the car.

smitty328
05-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Not in turn one unless there is lots of traffic. If you lift early (before the transion) just the turn will scrub enough speed not to hit the brakes but if you are able to hold it on the floor through turn one and not touch the brakes prior to turn two that is why you are the man at TWS.

JJ

Wow, after watching my video, I'm not even close to doing that.

Here is R2 on Saturday. Someone goes off deep at turn 8 at 3:50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73SfQPl-r58

GlennCMC70
05-03-2012, 10:42 AM
That was Francis.
Looked like a salt flat car for a minute.

Fbody383
05-03-2012, 11:56 AM
That was Francis.
Looked like a salt flat car for a minute. Any of you homos call me Francis... and I'll kill ya. Not fast enough for a salt flat or Texas Mile car.

I just need some time to throw my vids together... take out the safari footage and getting passed by the 77.

Rob Liebbe
05-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Any of you homos call me Francis... and I'll kill ya.

Wow super sensitive much? Besides, we all know Glenn can't spell.

Daniel Allford
05-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Here is R3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcm0A22F2Ys&feature=youtu.be
Where I play AI camera car until the last lap, then Proctor runs off with MY winners sticker.
Dan #82

AllZWay
05-03-2012, 01:39 PM
You need to share those stickers anyway. ;)

rleng1
05-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Francis goes off in T8, but T10 calls it in. How cool is that?

BryanL
05-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Any of you homos call me Francis... and I'll kill ya. Not fast enough for a salt flat or Texas Mile car.

I just need some time to throw my vids together... take out the safari footage and getting passed by the 77.

You sure you don't mean you will hit us? Guess we just have to stay on track. I swear there are still tire marks from me 3 years ago when I was leading a race completely blew the braking zone there and went straight off the track, too.

Fbody383
05-06-2012, 08:47 AM
You sure you don't mean you will hit us? Come on now... 5 clean races in a row, no contact or nuttin.

A lil' TWS
(http://vimeo.com/41635341)

HoustonNW
05-08-2012, 12:13 PM

You're in trouble, Ford wants to talk to you!

Seriously though, I posted a link to your video in a Corner-Carvers thread about the 5.0 Mustang and a guy who works for Ford had a question about your telemetry (for his personal track car I think.) I'll PM the request.

smitty328
05-08-2012, 02:09 PM
You're in trouble, Ford wants to talk to you!

Hmmm... You think they want to fix my transmision for free?