PDA

View Full Version : Carbotech RP2 'Endurance Compound'

y5e06
05-05-2012, 04:46 PM
So, has anyone else used this endurance compound available from carbotech? I know Wayne St had them on at TWS. I'm thinking of trying something that lasts a bit longer and has great heat resistance, even though I already have Blaine ducts. They cost a bit more than the XP10's I run in the front now. Some of the info I've read is an estimate of 40% longer pad life, if you believe that.
Just evaluating my options

Carbotech™ RP2™

The RP2™ compound was engineered for endurance racing based on our highly successful XP™ Series formulations. RP2™ is our longest lasting compound that we offer. RP2™ has strong initial bite, a little less modulation than our XP12, but still maintains the rotor friendliness of our XP™ series compounds. With a good initial bite and one of the most consistent torque curves in the market the RP2™ compound is easy to keep a consistent bite and torque throughout the braking zone. Great fade resistance with a temperature range of 250°F to 1650°F+ (121°C to 898°C). RP2™ is as rotor friendly as our XP™ series compounds. Carbotech™ RP2™ is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
http://www.ctbrakes.com/brake-compounds.asp

approx price comparo

Camaro
1998-2002

XP10
RP2
F: CT749

$215
$255

MikeP99Z
05-06-2012, 09:21 AM
I've tried them. It is a hard compound and needs great brake ducting to to last. They last about 30% longer than the XP10s if you can use them completely. They don't have the initial bite of the XP10.

I only got about 50% use out of a set because they got overheated and cracked badly. I don't have the greatest brake ducting on my car, so this was likely a contributing factor to their short lifespan. I went back to the XP10s.

y5e06
05-07-2012, 09:17 AM
not exactly a glowing review. At this point I will likely defer to your experience and probably stick w/ the XP10's.
I would consider my setup to have a pretty decent brake ducting arrangement. but then again I only added them after hallet last year and haven't stressed them like hallett or ECR might.

thanks,
Morgan

David Love AI27
05-07-2012, 10:46 AM
I run autozone Gold... free replacement and they don't wear out my rotors..