PDA

View Full Version : total BS

ShadowBolt
05-15-2012, 04:10 PM
What the hell do we have to do to get the guys that quit racing back? Who am I forgetting? Mitch, Rob, Boudy, Jeff, Jeremiah, Corey (supposed to be racing with us at Hallett), Chuck, Nick, Al (running the toy car). Then you have guys without cars that would be great if they would come back like Burch, and Varner. There are nine guys that could be racing with us now. Add those to the Hallett group and 40 cars would be very doable.

Think about a race with Jeff Burch, Jeff Wirtz, Jeremiah, Varner, Libbie, Michael, Glenn, Dan, and James? For the 55 a top 10 would be a great finish with this line-up.

JJ

David Love AI27
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Mitch, Rob, Boudy, Jeff, Jeremiah, Corey (supposed to be racing with us at Hallett), Chuck, Nick, Al (running the toy car).

Mitch is too busy with his plans to take over the world
Rob is too busy to finish his new car
Boudy is cookin 2000 pounds of crawfish on race weekends
Jeff W. is still pissed about the DQ and is taking it out on innocent targets
Jeff B. is getting prepared for Mitch's takeover plot
JK has been focusing on family and work.
Corey no one ever knows about that guy.
Where is Chuck?
Nick V. has sold his car but may return.
Nick R. who knows? had a nice car at Hallett... hope he will be there again.
Todd and Al are in a series where they at least have a chance to podium...

GlennCMC70
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Nick R was planning to make MSR and TWS but he's having some issues getting his car apart and modded for CMC power. Switching to a carb as well.
Al can't wait to get back to running w/ us. 2013 or we replace him as National Director.
Rob - I'm almost to the point of being able to do your cage. Where are you w/ the car?
Boudy - Look for him at Hallett, I think.
Jeff - come on man! Dan and James need you to take thier Toyo Bucks!

Jerry - I sure like that list of names in that last line. Don't think I belong there anymore, but it is a nice list. Think if all those guys went to Nationals...... in the same year!!!!

GlennCMC70
05-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Todd and Al are in a series where they at least have a chance to podium...

Hows that go?

Swoosh..... all net baby!

mitchntx
05-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Not to worry Jerry. The rules will evolve to open the doors for new racers. It's all about car count, right?

AllZWay
05-16-2012, 08:18 AM
It would be awesome if all those with cars came back. You also left off Steve from the list. He needs to get his butt back in gear.

I think racing in general at our level has a certain ebb and flow as priorities, jobs, responsibilities, money, etc.. all change, so does the in and out of cars. Some leave to return later as life changes and others find other interest and others simply decide that they did what they accomplished and just quit.

Just about every year, I find myself on the fence of just how much do I want to race for the year.

My work schedule combined with my kids ever increasing schedule makes it more and more difficult to find the time for the six weekends (12 including a prep weekend) already. I keep holding off the pressure from coaches trying to get Jaycie to join traveling elite soccer teams, but this might be my last summer I am successful at that.

I really enjoy the racing, comaraderie and escape from real life on race weekends though, but the expense and time sort of takes a bite out of all the fun.

ShadowBolt
05-16-2012, 09:14 AM
It would be awesome if all those with cars came back. You also left off Steve from the list. He needs to get his butt back in gear.

I think racing in general at our level has a certain ebb and flow as priorities, jobs, responsibilities, money, etc.. all change, so does the in and out of cars. Some leave to return later as life changes and others find other interest and others simply decide that they did what they accomplished and just quit.

Just about every year, I find myself on the fence of just how much do I want to race for the year.

My work schedule combined with my kids ever increasing schedule makes it more and more difficult to find the time for the six weekends (12 including a prep weekend) already. I keep holding off the pressure from coaches trying to get Jaycie to join traveling elite soccer teams, but this might be my last summer I am successful at that.

I really enjoy the racing, comaraderie and escape from real life on race weekends though, but the expense and time sort of takes a bite out of all the fun.

You are right. I forgot Steve and he does need to come back. I understand all the pressures you speak of but life is really short and this year we really only have five race weekends and I don't see how that would kill anyone as far as time in concerned. The money deal is another subject. I agree I'm spending way more than I thought I would when I started. Tire money alone has doubled since I started just from the price going up and the tire life (for whatever reasons) getting shorter.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
05-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Continual pressure and bribes will get us back.;)

mitchntx
05-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Mitch is too busy with his plans to take over the world

And its so nice to be debt free for a change

Come on retirement.

David Love AI27
05-16-2012, 01:20 PM
And its so nice to be debt free.

That is very UNAMERICAN....

Al Fernandez
05-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Yep, the camaro continues to gather dust. At least I start it now and then, and sit in it and pretend I'm passing Glenn...

David Love AI27
05-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Yep, the camaro continues to gather dust. At least I start it now and then, and sit in it and pretend I'm passing Glenn...

how many cones do you hit?

GlennCMC70
05-17-2012, 08:09 AM
David - It's not reality. He hits none and wins everything, all the while not putting a scratch on the car!

RichardP
05-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Yea, the whole thing with Al is a bit confusing. If he is fantasizing, why wouldn't he set his sights a bit higer...

:-)

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
05-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Ouch!

David Love AI27
05-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Yea, the whole thing with Al is a bit confusing. If he is fantasizing, why wouldn't he set his sights a bit higer...

:-)

Richard P.

DAYUM... thats gonna leave a mark..

ROFLMFAO!!!

Ever notice Richard's trademark saying... "Yea, the whole thing with ******* is a bit confusing". Bet he says that alot at work...

jeffburch
06-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Not to worry Jerry. The rules will evolve to open the doors for new racers. It's all about car count, right?

(snickers to self ala Muttley)

jb