PDA

View Full Version : A Modest Proposal

Daniel Allford
05-17-2012, 11:24 AM
CMC points half way through the season:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AjBDOVYhA7dZdFg5YVo4VDktc3dMMkdHX1RzSWRybUE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Dan 1163
Proctor 1162

The #82 car is beating Mr. Proctor by a full point (.08%) after 3 races. The Red Shift Racing Team would like to give James the opportunity to immediately concede the championship in the CMC Texas Series. We hope you accept our gracious offer before the green flag at Hallett.

D. Allford #82

Alien
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
That seems fair. Since I'm sitting in third at the moment, I'll even expand that offer to say that I won't challenge James for second place if we can just go ahead and lock the top three spots down right meow.

Wade
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm coming for you Gary!

AllZWay
05-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey Dan... I probably should, especially since it seems just a matter of time anyway....but you know I am not giving up that easy. :D

Daniel Allford
06-15-2012, 09:03 AM
James;
In retrospect, it appears your decision to not concede was probably the right choice.
We will talk again after Eagles.

Dan #82

AllZWay
06-15-2012, 01:37 PM
James;
In retrospect, it appears your decision to not concede was probably the right choice.
We will talk again after Eagles.

Dan #82

Sounds like a good plan. :D

BTW... you need to go win nationals.

GlennCMC70
06-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Sounds like a good plan. :D

BTW... you need to go win nationals.

So do you.

AllZWay
06-15-2012, 07:55 PM
So do you.

No funds for that trip.

Daniel Allford
12-08-2012, 01:35 PM
James;

It appears that you made the right decision to not concede defeat after the 3rd weekend. In spite of the fact I bought more tires, had more practice time, better brakes and a (much) cooler spoiler, you still kicked my ass. At least I gave you some heart burn, right down to the last weekend.

I keep reading stories about how the old days of CMC were better, and I have no prospective on that. But I LIKE the series and the guys I race with. I've gotten advice and mooched parts from almost every racer I've met. They all give generously without hesitation.

We started this year 2 seconds off the pole and finished 2nd in Texas. I love this country!

To quote Craig Wiseman (who wanted to win worse than I) "I'm good with being beat by a gentleman racer. "

Dan Allford #82
1st Loser CMC Tx Region

GlennCMC70
12-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Nice post. Dan, I think the group feels the same way about you.
Looking forward to 2013!

marshall_mosty
12-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Nice post. Dan, I think the group feels the same way about you.
Looking forward to 2013!

Agreed!!

AllZWay
12-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Dan,

It was definitely heart burn city until the end. Enjoyed the heck out of it now that I have had time to sit back and relax. You, Craig and Richard were awesome. Hard to believe we start all the hard work and heart burn again in just a few weeks.

Since it was so close, I bet you looked back at every race of every weekend and found that one or two races that helped me or hurt you. I know I did last year after Michael beat me.

Good luck next year as we go at it again.

David Love AI27
12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
AWWWW... How sweet... Don't forget to send each other Christmas cards.....

(where is the "I'm about to puke on my keyboard" icon?)

I better clarify that I am kidding (some don't get my sense of humor, or lack thereof)...

Gentleman is a good desription for you both, on and off the track...

ShadowBolt
12-11-2012, 07:38 PM
AWWWW... How sweet... Don't forget to send each other Christmas cards.....

(where is the "I'm about to puke on my keyboard" icon?)

I better clarify that I am kidding (some don't get my sense of humor, or lack thereof)...

Gentleman is a good desription for you both, on and off the track...

David,
I was on the edge ready to puke myself then you sent me over the top. My modest proposal is for the three fast SOB's to carry 500 extra pounds to help me compete.
I'm sure the Dems or Obama would give it to me.
Also we should all share the Toyo Bucks. Everyone should get the same amount and a trophy......okay maybe not.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
12-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Jerry, you have it wrong. You are not eligible for a trophy because you actually did something. Since I did nothing, I get the trophies. Welcome to the "new era of personal responsibility" which is a quote from Obama's inauguration, now we all know what he meant.

smitty328
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Rob, Just like Jerry, you’ve got it wrong. I admit you should definitely get something for doing nothing. But I am being excluded from CMC just because I was already driving an AI car in the same race as CMC. Yes, it would be very difficult to drive more than one car in the same race but that’s not the point. It’s my right to drive as many cars in one race as I want to and I should receive my fair share for each additional car I drive in a race. While it’s true that they may not be from the same manufacturers and I may not be able to maintain all of the cars like I should, it is still my right! It is the responsibility of NASA and all of the drivers to give me my fair share of winnings, tires, technical knowledge and mechanical help.

It is considered patriotic...

cobra132
12-13-2012, 07:51 AM
I am not sure what you guys are talking about. Jerry, Rob and Mark, you know that for the next 4 years only GM drivers are authorized to win a trophy.

Fbody383
12-13-2012, 11:53 AM
You... uh, you didn't win that.

Al Fernandez
12-18-2012, 10:14 PM
You... uh, you didn't win that.

ROFL ok, we definitely need these as stickers. Instead of the winner getting a winner sticker, everyone else gets one of these.