PDA

View Full Version : Hallett Congratulations

MPHoldway
06-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks to our AI racers for a great show! Four different winners in four races, all running within a second or so of each other... Congrats to rookie Mark for winning the Shootout and racing clean and hard all weekend.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday night parties were spectacular! Dr. Frank's Sippin' Hooch (tm) was well loved by all who imbibed. Free astronomy lessons next event.

Who the hell stole Princess Cup???

Good times, all!!! Can't wait for ECR.

Mindy

K Shaw
06-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Fun times indees...

kyle

nasa-rm
06-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Great racing!!!! Clean and close!!!

smitty328
06-11-2012, 02:48 PM
What a great weekend!

Winning my first race was awesome, but to be honest, the first race on Sunday was amazing. It was tight racing the whole time, no telling how many position changes there were, and then for us to finish that close together was just awesome. WOW!

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me into your group. I look forward to lots of good times.

Mindy, you need to find that cup! There could be an annual Princess Cup race, and the winner gets it topped off with Dr. Frank's Sippin' Hooch.

Marshal, thanks for putting the fire out and then fixing my car.

Mark

AllZWay
06-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Congrats to everyone for a pretty darn clean, fun and exciting weekend.

WTG Mark on the first win in the biggest race of the year.

MikeP99Z
06-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Grats all!

Very clean racing, minimal contact, and limited paperwork. The track took more damage than the cars did.

Can't wait for some videos in a media post.

BryanL
06-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Congrats to the Shootout winners! What an awesome weekend with such a great group. Looking forward to the racer reports.

Fbody383
06-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Great weekend... you just gotta make Hallett! I had ALMOST as good a time watching, though Randy was kind enough to put me in a position to hit him with his own car.

The whole AI/CMC group was fantastic racing to watch and there are some very ardent fans out there... ahem... Team Proctor.

Now where did I put that apple brandy...

AllZWay
06-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah....Thanks to Gary for allowing me to have fun racing his car in the 25 minute enduro.....and finishing 2nd. That dang Jim and Mike combo beat us. :D

Thanks to Randy for loaning me a radiator to just make R3. :)

I apologize to everyone for family..... :o

marshall_mosty
06-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I apologize to everyone for family..... :o
James,
Your family was very clear on who we could cheer for... Basically, anyone that James had a 10+ lead for, but if anyone of them was within 10 seconds we had to either be silent or cheer for you... :)

marshall_mosty
06-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Marshall, thanks for putting the fire out and then fixing my car.
I've never had to put out a fire... glad it didn't do any damage. And thank YOU for letting me pilot your car, both in AI trim as well as an uncorked 407HP with Hoosiers beast. It was a blast!

Dulaney
06-11-2012, 07:23 PM
A huge amount of fun, by far the best ever.

I hereby formally apologize to my car. It took a beating. Thank you, car.

Casey_SS
06-11-2012, 08:32 PM
A huge amount of fun, by far the best ever.

I hereby formally apologize to my car. It took a beating. Thank you, car.

This....x2. Well said Jim :)

MPHoldway
06-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Oh, and I'm pretty sure those CMC racers didn't have any fun at all. :-) Helluva good show, guys!

Mom brought the kids home this evening. First thing they asked for was Papa's race video. They're four years old.

Mindy
B-)

Crumpacker
06-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Mom brought the kids home this evening. First thing they asked for was Papa's race video. They're four years old.

Mindy
B-)

I'm waiting for the videos too!

Al Fernandez
06-11-2012, 11:17 PM
What an awesome weekend!! Mark and James both earned the Summer Shootout wins. Gary and Jerry, those awards were awesome!!! Man, so many great moments...how about four AI cars within a car length of each other half way through a race, when was the last time anyone saw that? The battles in CMC were epic, all over. Ben, I think you need to have a serious chat with Glenn and Mitch. Looks to me like they put an "auto-spin-in-the-bitch" feature in all of their cars. It was so cool that everyone managed to pull through the various mechanicals to make the main race. Lets see...two broken power steering hoses, one radiator, one caliper punching through the rim, one disappearing torque arm mount, two cracked exhausts, one cracked oil pan, one cracked rotor, one broken exciter wire (inside the insulation!), and one fire. I probably missed some, but thats a lot to go wrong and not sideline anyone. I loved the 25 Minutes of Hallett too!

Huge thanks to Dave, Revkah and the entire NASA staff for putting on another great weekend!

David Love AI27
06-12-2012, 01:45 AM
two broken power steering hoses, one radiator, one caliper punching through the rim, one disappearing torque arm mount, two cracked exhausts, one cracked oil pan, one cracked rotor, one broken exciter wire (inside the insulation!), and one fire.

Typical LiiR weekend... whats all the excitement about???

rleng1
06-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Grats all!

Very clean racing, minimal contact, and limited paperwork. The track took more damage than the cars did.

Can't wait for some videos in a media post.

Corner workers that that I (#77) had contact, when Mike P came to investigate. Was looking for any marks on the car....... any new ones anyway.

rleng1
06-12-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm waiting for the videos too!

Welcome to the four year old club.

Crumpacker
06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the four year old club.

No welcome necessary, I'm a senior member.

BryanL
06-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Here is my race report but the real report is great the group is and amazes me how helpful everyone is!
Thanks to Patterson for loaning me his radiator on Sunday to run the whole weekend-never over 210 water or 240 oil!
Left on Thursday to meet up with several clients for the afternoon show of the power tour in Stillwater. Lots of nice cars and a few burnout after dinner then headed for Hallett.
Friday-bedded brakes, tires, and had issues with one eye after getting brake clean and dirt in it on Monday night. Had a few good offs to get it out of my system then had a banging noise on accel/decel which was a missing torque arm bracket. "Dr. Frank-bend bracket in raceport 25-STAT!" Huge thanks to Frank and then Morgan for putting together a plate together that worked perfect all weekend. I really thought I was done for the weekend.
Saturday-don't have anything for the 55 in practice or qual with my eye still tearing up. Next big thanks goes to Kendra Procter for checking my eye and coming to rescue me with some antibiotic eye drops-totally different that afternoon.
R1-was spent watching the Corey Reuth Show while throwing me the peace sign with the rear hanging out around corners-great racing with him but I couldn't ever get around him. Must get better at passing. 5th place
R2-mainly spent this one up the lime green bumper of Ken Blockwell-must get better at passing-6th.
R3-I took it easy at the great sat night party and didn't touch the Hooch so I was feeling good Sunday morning. Passed on practice to swap a pad/rotor and check the car out. This was my best race and things really came together. Made it through traffic well enough that I still had Mosty behind me and kept him there longer than normal till I missed 4th gear or found 6th and had a strange vibration. Pointed Mosty by and then I think I screwed Gary (sorry). Found 2nd at the bus stop and it pulled good so I tried to play white cowboy outfit on Mosty which resulted in my best laps ever with a string of 1:29's (I'm still pumped about this). 5th behind the trophy girls and the 55 who started at the front after having rear brake issues all day on Saturday. Sorry we didn't get to run together on track as it would have been great slacker racing.
R4-started 4th and got a jump on Mosty off the line but not enough to get around him and I hung too wide into 1. All I wanted to do was try to get cleanly behind the trophy girls till things settled down but I find myself behind a wide body lime green mustang again. Luckily I get past him pretty quickly (am I getting better at passing?) then I had some fantastic racing with Ryan from CO (glad you made the trip down). Some side by side but I couldn't make the pass. I laid off him a lap to start driving my points/line and was able to get around him and put some distance between us. Felt great to finish 4th even if there were plenty girls/slackers missing. I'm much happier with my car now that I have some front shock travel and think I can make some more improvements. So maybe some testing in the fall and I can really start trash talking to the mid pack so they will come back and race. Or maybe I put that rear spoiler on to try for a podium as I liked what I saw next to Procter on the podium.
If you weren't there you really missed an all around great weekend-I'm already looking forward to next year and hate that I missed the last 2 years.

"4th with 4"

NASA13
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
all I can say is wow!
I left for a bit too long and you guys got ALOT faster. I had a blast in race 1 and finished 4th behind the three amigos, but there was no chance I was going to catch any of them unless they took each other out!
My dq after race 2 was a blessing in disguise because I had a blast racing the entire field for the other races , especially Rockwell, Bryan, Robertson and Morgan. You guys were fun to watch and hard to pass and even harder to stay in front of. We must've changed position fifty times. I also enjoyed watchingnMorgan flynoff of turn 1 at 100 plus mph, very exciting!
I'm inspired to work on my car now and return with a chassis that maximizes the rule allowances to see if I can ever catch the three amigos,Mosty,Proctor and Allford. it was fun seeing you all again and hanging out, I look forward to the next one!

GlennCMC70
06-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm thinking of making the trip up for Sept w/ the Central Region event at Hallett. Anyone want to go?

MikeP99Z
06-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Considering it if the car is back together.

ShadowBolt
06-12-2012, 07:58 PM
5th behind the trophy girls and the 55 who started at the front after having rear brake issues all day on Saturday.

"4th with 4"

Just to set the record straight I started on the pole in R3 but did not finish behind all the trophy girls. Somehow Dan did not get me. I really needed that white flag to come out one lap sooner. James and Michael were tearing up each other with Dan right behind but they were not running close enough that the leader (James) would have to run a line to keep Michael behind and with those guys running the fast line they were about 1 to 1.25 seconds faster than I was. Do the math....even with a 8 second lead I was toast! It was great after the race to have my wife tell me everyone (except the James gang) was pulling for me to get the win. Still no soap. Maybe next time.

I heard Corey telling someone after R4 how different CMC is since he was racing. You can't just show up with a car and a little talent and expect to win anymore. Jay started R4 second to last and passed all but James, Michael, Dan, and Bryan. Not bad for no rear brakes from the 22 minute mark. He had almost no pedal and was going to pull off then he thought he might as well see what he could do with what little brakes he had. I was very proud of the fifth place finish considering the starting position and the brake issue. BL knows he was lucky!

Really enjoied the weekend even with the issues.

FYI, Corey and I both had rear brake caliper brackets fall off during the race and tear a wheel up. Mine was brand new and just painted. Check those break mounting brackets. I'm going to drill and saftey wire mine.

JJ

Fbody383
06-12-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm thinking of making the trip up for Sept w/ the Central Region event at Hallett. Anyone want to go? Had been thinking about it even before the car crapped out for ours.

HoustonNW
06-12-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm thinking of making the trip up for Sept w/ the Central Region event at Hallett. Anyone want to go?

I am planning to go since I missed this weekend.