PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Starts and Pace Speed

Rob Liebbe
08-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Is it just me or do we seem to spend way too much time on the warm up/pace lap? Seems like we get ourselves organized very early, which is a good thing, but we cruise in formation at a really low speed. This seems like a waste of track time. Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance and I know the pace is set by a pace car or the pole sitter, but what a waste of hot lap time. Seems like last ime at TWS we all lined up in formation between turns 6 and 7 and took forever to get back to the start/finish. Maybe that was just John George's way of prolonging his engine life.

Can we simply pick up the pace - so to speak - ?

GlennCMC70
08-02-2006, 08:29 PM
how about we find a short-cut to the start/finish. no reason to drive the whole 2.9. maybe get to turn 3 and turn left and follow the oval around?

Mike Bell
08-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Or have the Director instruct the field to form up after Turn 10?? that way we don't do the elephant walk for 1.8 miles and burn up a chunk of our 20 minute race session?

gt40
08-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Hell, do the formation lap on the NASCAR oval.

AI#97
08-03-2006, 10:11 AM
I will be sure to keep a fast pace from turn 8 on in R1 and R3!! :P Just make sure you guys can keep up!!!! :lol:

I agree that the pace lap at TWS is painfully long....I DON'T like the shortcut idea or oval because there is 9 million pounds of shit out there we don't want on the tires.

I suggest we get to the carousel really quickly, then form up on the straight out of the carousel and go 2 wide mid 2nd gear through Larry, Mo, and Curly and reform going onto the straight. Plenty of time to heat up the tires and get settled in for that evil turn 1 and 2.

Just a suggestion though.....race control will dictate what we actually do....all I can dictate is the speed! :wink:

Mike Bell
08-03-2006, 10:14 AM
So, it's been announced already that you're on the pole for R1 and R3? Congrats! LOL. :lol:

AI#97
08-03-2006, 10:20 AM
So, it's been announced already that you're on the pole for R1 and R3? Congrats! LOL. :lol:

Karnack had a vision 3 weeks ago!!! :lol:

Just trying to stir up some blood around here.....it's too damn quiet for a bunch of racers who should all be talking shit to each other..... starting another thread to try and wake you old farts up!!!! :wink:

Waco Racer
08-03-2006, 11:15 AM
I like the idea of forming up after the carousel. If I don't mention it in the Driver's Meeting, someone remind me.

AI#97
08-12-2006, 02:37 PM

Never question Karnack! :lol: 8)