PDA

View Full Version : AI Race motor for sale...Mustang.

rpoz27
06-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Testing waters here...considering a coyote swap with enough power to finally scare me.

For sale is my big bore, 304 ci, 2V all aluminum race motor. Has the equivilent of about 4,000 miles on it....that is what the odometer says. Ready to race.

1997 Teksid aluminum block with 3.700" dry sleeves installed by VT engines in 2005. Shortblock has diamond pistons (-7cc) with manley rods and forged crank. Compression ratio is just under 12:1 and makes 324/340 at the wheels. This motor was the best you could buy under a sponsorship deal I had with VT at the time. This deal will include EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING including the wiring harness, gauge cluster, ECU, HPP Tuned SCT chip, alternator, power steering, P-51 intake with 75mm TB, Lighting MAF, 30lb injectors, Mac LT headers (a little beat up) with Dr. Gas X pipe, fidanza aluminum flywheel, canton road race pan, VT aluminum valve covers, ported heads from HPP with manley nextek springs and crack pipe cooling mods, VT stage 2 cams, A/C delete pulley to keep stock belt routing, SFI balancer, billet oil pump gears in cobra pump, PS pump.....basically EVERYTHING you would need to drop it straight into the car. Is currently in my car ready to race. Contact me for more details. Why build piece by piece when it's already right here.

I am keeping the clutch, transmission, fuel tank and pumps, the oil filter relocator and engine mounts. EVERYTHING else goes as a package deal. Would be great in a foxbody! Not willing to split up. Will pull and deliver upon cash payment, or cleared paypal. Will pull and deliver within 250 miles of College Station. Yes, I know it's expensive but it would take a LOT more to duplicate this setup. The shortblock alone will usually set you back $5400. I probably have close to $15k in this motor. Engine is built to take a lot of abuse. RPM operating range is 2500 to 7000. Currrent rev limiter set at 6800.

What you will need. An empty engine bay. A quicktime bell housing for a t-5/tko/t56, your existing 10.5 or 11" clutch and some electrical planning...ie, where to put the stock Ford stuff. If you are already running a 2V car...it's even easier.

This engine is well proven in AI/ST2 and has a lot of events left in it. Dave Neary....this package is calling your name! Daron, now is your chance! ;)

PM here or contact me at matt AT aggie97 dot com.

Thanks.

David Love AI27
06-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Can I fit it in a 3rd Gen Cheby?... come on... you know you want to try it.... got Richmond 6 speed for the 27 car... 4.11 rear end.. not good for TWS, but a killer cer for Hallett and all the other tracks...

rpoz27
06-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Due to the OEM engine requirements in AI, you would imediately be classed in AIX... I am sure it could be done but you might need a cowl hood and I am unsure of k-member clearances. Would be fun to see though.

Honestly David, if you are trying to get the 27 car going, an LS6 or LS3 crate motor and painless harness is the way to go. I would do it in the mustang except the oil pan modifications would require a dry sump setup if I wanted it to live more than a few laps.

Crumpacker
06-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Not that I'm considering it, but I think you're missing a price.

rpoz27
06-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Oh yeah! had the price in the title from another thread... $7500.

rpoz27
10-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Price reduced to $5000. Need to order a new bullet soon.

rpoz27
11-13-2012, 10:47 AM
I have a flakey buyer at $4500 and would rather one of you AI racers get first dibbs. Mr. Rock? Mr. Neary?

AI#97
11-14-2012, 04:42 PM
sold