PDA

View Full Version : I was mis-quoted

ShadowBolt
07-02-2012, 12:48 PM
I never said "I can't imagine racing AI". What I did say was "I can't imagine racing anything but CMC because it's the best series out there and does not cost near as much as AI".
Some of my best friends are black........I mean race AI.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about you will soon.

JJ

smitty328
07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Just starting your favorite book.

rpoz27
07-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Jerry, Mis-quoted or not, what they put in black and white is spot on with regards to AI....sort of surprised they put that in their magazine, yet won't admit it in public!

There is no doubt AI is expensive...just look at my USED engine ad here in these forums. NO reason for you deny the truth whether you said it, an AI racer said it or some dumb hippy news paper writer mis-quoted it. AI is expensive...A fact.

Regardless, you are still a Good Egg. Now we just need to see if Love comes out of the clouds after driving Misty's car this weekend! I think he liked it!

GlennCMC70
07-02-2012, 03:16 PM
http://www.snmagcurrent.com/publication/?i=117150

pg 68/69.

Congrats Jerry and Jay! Long time overdue for someone who gives to the series more than anyone knows. The quote isn't bad when read in its context.

Nice write-up Dave B! Thank you so much for doing this. Thanks for making me feel even more crappy about not making the event again.

AllZWay
07-02-2012, 04:09 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with the quote..and I like the story too.

jeffburch
07-02-2012, 07:14 PM
This is so cool J&J.
Congrats on the ink!

jb

michaelmosty
07-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Excellent link, congrats Jerry and Jay. There couldn't be two better guys to write a story about!!

David Love AI27
07-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Now we just need to see if Love comes out of the clouds after driving Misty's car this weekend! I think he liked it!

To Quote Chris Marvel "I think I got wood"... You did a fantastic job on the car... Wish I would have had one more green flag lap to pass the Lambo... he stepped it up when he saw me in his mirrorsbut I was still gaining even without a clutch... hope I wasn't the cause for the failure... and thanks for the vid... can anybody host a 2 gig vid?

David Love AI27
07-03-2012, 01:22 AM
To Quote Chris Marvel "I think I got wood"... You did a fantastic job on the car... Wish I would have had one more green flag lap to pass the Lambo... he stepped it up when he saw me in his mirrorsbut I was still gaining even without a clutch... hope I wasn't the cause for the failure... and thanks for the vid... can anybody host a 2 gig vid?

Checking the time stamp on the vid I did get a 1.57 in traffic..

rleng1
07-03-2012, 11:05 PM
You can't trust the media. You should have had your media communications director with you.

marshall_mosty
07-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Jerry,
AI is more expensive and would require more commitment than CMC to run at the National level. Misquoted or not, the written word is spot on and I personally didn't take offence to it. Glad you go in print!!

Crumpacker
07-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Congrats Jerry and Jay! Long time overdue for someone who gives to the series more than anyone knows. The quote isn't bad when read in its context.

Nice write-up Dave B! Thank you so much for doing this. Thanks for making me feel even more crappy about not making the event again.

Agreed 100%

Sweet! Now you can run with the CMC trophy girls!!

;)

rpoz27
07-11-2012, 06:16 PM

With a little sorting, I think the car has a 1:50.xx in it. Need to figure out the spring rates as they are WAY too soft right now. 750/175! Making up for that in compression on the penske's but now that the car is reliable, it's time to make it even faster!

David Love AI27
07-11-2012, 07:23 PM
With a little sorting, I think the car has a 1:50.xx in it. Need to figure out the spring rates as they are WAY too soft right now. 750/175! Making up for that in compression on the penske's but now that the car is reliable, it's time to make it even faster!

I beleive it... I had a good lap around the 14:50 mark with no clutch, traffic and couldn't heal-toe with the clutch issues...