07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=weqFyvaCcC4&NR=1

michaelmosty
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Wow, no slowing down on that dust!!!!

ShadowBolt
07-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Wow, no slowing down on that dust!!!!

I think he pulled a JJ and tried to save it. Looks like and sounds like he kept it on the floor and tried twice to get it back on track then when he tried to slow down it was way late. Maybe not but it looks like it.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
07-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Stay in the car unless it is on fire. That's what I remember being trained to do.

David Love AI27
07-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Stay in the car unless it is on fire. That's what I remember being trained to do.

Yep... give a wave to let the workers know you are "ok" and wait...

David Love AI27
07-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Maybe he smelled fuel...

Rob Liebbe
07-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Maybe he smelled fuel...

I don't think he smelled fuel, my bet is on something else.

BryanL
07-03-2012, 11:06 AM
I don't think he smelled fuel, my bet is on something else.

As in he layed a big Deuce? What is your bet on?

I understand part of staying in your car. But as far off course as he went and rolling the car I don't know that I would just want to be sitting in the car (I know if you can end up there then so can others). Maybe its too many movies watched where the car blows up. What is the guidance on this type of situation? Never get out of the car unless its burning? What about smelling fuel?

Rob Liebbe
07-03-2012, 02:12 PM
As in he layed a big Deuce? What is your bet on?

I understand part of staying in your car. But as far off course as he went and rolling the car I don't know that I would just want to be sitting in the car (I know if you can end up there then so can others). Maybe its too many movies watched where the car blows up. What is the guidance on this type of situation? Never get out of the car unless its burning? What about smelling fuel?

I got out of my car after seeing flames under the hood. It was likely just a flash fire of power steering fluid but it was fire. However, I knew that I was in a safe area off the track and behind a concrete wall where I intentionally parked the car. I would probably get out if I smelled gas as well, no sense in waiting for the fire to engulf you. In the article he stated he got out because he was afraid of fire.