PDA

View Full Version : Car shipper recommendations

mitchntx
07-27-2012, 02:16 PM
I know a few of you had cars shipped in.

Any recommendations? Any one to stay away from?

ShadowBolt
07-27-2012, 02:45 PM
I know a few of you had cars shipped in.

Any recommendations? Any one to stay away from?

Tony G hooked me up with a friend of his and saved me a few hundred bucks over the lowest bid I received. It was an open trailer but if you are interested you could e-mail Tony, (or I will contact him for you if you would rather not converse with him).

Jerry

rleng1
07-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Don't use Gran Torino. My friend just had a Callaway Corvette shipped from VA, and it was not a good experience.

BryanL
07-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Shipped my suburban last year with DAS on a 10 car hauler. Saved a good bit by having it dropped off at one of their depots and picked it up at one in Mesquite. The car will get dirty.

Is this to ship the race car? You could have an issue with no parking brake-I had to get one working for a vette I sold.

Crumpacker
07-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Is this to ship the race car? You could have an issue with no parking brake-I had to get one working for a vette I sold.

The orange car was shipped to me from OH as a roller (no brakes either) and the only grief I got was from the driver when he dropped it off. If the E-brake becomes an issue, look for different carriers.

On that note, I don't remember who I used but I do remember they were a solid 3 days off on their delivery estimate. After a number of conversations I realized I was talking to a middle man (transportation broker of sorts) and got the number of the actual trucking company. The progress reports and estimates were much more accurate after that point. The delayed delivery wasn't an issue in my case and they were about $500 cheaper than most other quotes so I wouldn't have a problem using a broker again... just be flexible on your delivery date.

I know it was a very generic name - universal auto transport, american transport.. something like that.

caffecapri
07-30-2012, 11:50 PM
I've used www.uship.com twice..and very happy. Companies/people bid on your delivery...great deal and then you talk to the actual person taking your car. DAS I have used before also....people have differing experiences but I was happy with them as well. Uship gets my vote though.

jeffburch
07-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Ever see the show Shipping Wars?
Uship is what those guys use.
Most of those folks on that show can't pour urine out of a boot with directions on the heal.

In early '05 my hooptie was shipped via DAS.
Norcal to mesquite.
Dropped / picked up.
$727.

jb

cjlmlml
07-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Ready Auto Transport

Melanie Lebihan
Account Manager