PDA

View Full Version : Been an interesting ride ...

mitchntx
08-21-2012, 07:49 AM
CMC No9 left my shop Saturday bound for a new home and a new adventure.

What surprised me was how relieved I felt and that my wife got a little choked up.
She and I shared some special times because of that car.

Over the last few years, my heart and soul just wasn't in it.
No matter how hard I tried and no matter how much urging I received, I was wanting it to be over.
I thought if I shared the ride, that might help ... maybe a partial season ... or two ...

I realized it was over at TWS last year when I was looking for a hole in traffic to ride around in so that the car wouldn't get damaged any further.

I'll still stop by from time to time to stir the pot ... although that doesn't seem to be an issue.

AllZWay
08-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Dang Mitch... I hate to hear she is gone.

Wade
08-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Sorry to see you go Mitch. I enjoyed racing with you. Always nice to know that you drove clean. I hope the group can work on improving in that area.

mitchntx
08-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Sorry to see you go Mitch. I enjoyed racing with you. Always nice to know that you drove clean. I hope the group can work on improving in that area.

Wade, that means a lot to me and especially coming from a fellow I always seemed to find on track.

Some here measure their success by trophies and stickers. Those milestones are soon forgotten.

Reputation, however is a legacy.

ShadowBolt
08-21-2012, 09:21 AM
CMC No9 left my shop Saturday bound for a new home and a new adventure.

What surprised me was how relieved I felt and that my wife got a little choked up.
She and I shared some special times because of that car.

Over the last few years, my heart and soul just wasn't in it.
No matter how hard I tried and no matter how much urging I received, I was wanting it to be over.
I thought if I shared the ride, that might help ... maybe a partial season ... or two ...

I realized it was over at TWS last year when I was looking for a hole in traffic to ride around in so that the car wouldn't get damaged any further.

I'll still stop by from time to time to stir the pot ... although that doesn't seem to be an issue.

I wish you were still racing the car and I wish I had your racecraft. Have missed racing with you for awhile.
Widest car on the track when you were driving it.

JJ

BryanL
08-21-2012, 10:54 AM
You already know I hate that you were selling your car but understand when its time to move on. Maybe you will get tired of guns and get the bug for racing again. I'll enjoy relaying the story to my wife about Debbie getting choked up and the times you shared together.

Can't thank you enough for all the help you have given me over the years and the lessons I learned from you both on/off track.

Now I'm looking forward to you serving as my new Crew Chief for 2013!!

Fbody383
08-21-2012, 11:04 AM
I realized it was over at TWS last year when I was looking for a hole in traffic to ride around in so that the car wouldn't get damaged any further. I have to admit and hate to say I was part of that creating that feeling though it was at Hallet a couple years ago.

You were always consistent in the way you expected to race and be raced and a major part of the equation I jumped in feet first.

Who knows, maybe 9a is around a corner down the road... keep the spoon handy.

cobra132
08-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Mitch, you are a class act. Its people like yourself that drew me and others to this group. Don't be a stranger. Frank

rleng1
08-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Mitch, I owe you everything of getting me into a soundly built race car. You and Glenn took me in and really was enthusiastic about building my car.. You worked with me, and around the NASA HPDE schedule to keep me on track..The number 77 is proud to be a LAW Motorsports creation.

BlueFirePony
08-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Sure hope to see you again at the track Mitch. I've appreciated the tons of knowledge you've communicated to me in so very few words. I said it the last time we were at the track together..."I have listened...I just need to execute". All the best!

Casey_SS
08-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Very few people can keep racing indefinitely...for one reason or another. I'd love to see you back at it again down the road but that's a selfish reaction - if it's not fun for you anymore the best thing to do is go find something else that is. In any case, I'd say you've built a legacy to be very proud of. Like most everyone else in the series, you were a big part of the reason I wanted to do this in the first place and I deeply appreciate the long list of things you've done to help me over the years. You will be missed.

David Love AI27
08-22-2012, 01:38 AM
I thought if I shared the ride, that might help ... maybe a partial season ... or two ..

I know you have a couple of partial seasons left in you.... I want to revive "The Beast" and I would be honored if you would run the north side races for me in 2013... keep your comp license and drive for me at Cresson and ERC... That will give me a chance to crew for you and Jason, you can give him some pointers... I will coorinate some seat time for you with TDE... This is a serious offer to run a "not so serious" season...

mitchntx
08-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Kind words and kind offers ... but I'm good.

rpoz27
08-22-2012, 10:23 PM
did you sell the trailer too?

cjlmlml
08-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Finally

cjlmlml
08-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Ok, Kidding,

A reputation is the only thing that sets one apart.

Not that I have been around lately, but when I was , I appreciated your consitency and positive spirit.

You are a quality guy despite your association with Glenn. You put the AWWW in Law. ok, now I am choked up.