PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Trailer

rleng1
10-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Went to pick up my trailer to begin load out for this weekends race. Trailer was gone from a locked storage and had a lock on the ball.
Trailer is 24' Haulmark enclosed.

smitty328
10-04-2012, 09:51 PM
That sucks, sorry to hear that.

BryanL
10-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Terrible. This the same place where it was broken into before? do they have security cameras? Insured?

Now-what are you going to do about making the race? Anybody have a trailer he can borrow closer than me in dfw?

Pranav
10-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Randy, this is terrible to hear. I've got an 18ft open trailer sitting up here in Spring that you can borrow to get up to ECR if you're in a pinch. It is on 4" drop axles and scrapes driveways, but you can manage if we set the coupler height just right. Let me know! Drop me a line at 281 414 1482, I plan to be back up there to resume working on the car Friday afternoon.

AllZWay
10-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Holy crap.... that is terrible.

Alien
10-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Any idea of a time frame from when it was stolen? It's plain jane white, no stickers, right? What's the license plate?

Please say the car wasn't in it...

rleng1
10-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Car was not in it, but just like week was storing a 1968 restored firebird in it for a friend. Whew.
24' Haulmark enclosed white, no stickers, lic 95YSVW.
going to talk to police and insurance then attempt to get a trailer..Pranav may give you a call. Thank.
Yes, there was cameras.

Alien
10-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Ok, so it was stolen within the last week. Any other things that made it stand out? Didn't it have the checker board floor? Built in cabinets? A/C and generator?

I used http://www.searchtempest.com/ to find the Camaro I just bought. Maybe they're dumb enough to try sell it on there. (I've already searched Tx and La for you)

rleng1
10-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks Gary. The police are on it.
We have surveilence cameras and we know who did it. Warrants should be going out today.
Want to give a shout out to Pranav who let me borrow his trailer. Very nice trailer and thanks again Pranav.
Looked over his new build, and it is going to be a nice car. You will have to check out the electrical setup when he rolls it out to NOLA.
Will keep you advised on the trailer mystery.

--Inspector Cluoso

rleng1
10-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Update: it appears that the night before my trailer was stolen, October 1st, another trailer was stolen my the same guy. Now the owner is pissed, ante police are all over it.
The have the warrant and have an idea of where he lives, after his first address was bogus.
I need to figure out what hitch lock to use, and what size logging chain to use around the wheels.
Thanks to all for your concern.

AllZWay
10-09-2012, 09:57 PM
No luck finding the trailer or the guy then?

rleng1
10-10-2012, 09:25 AM
they know who he is, and they know where he lives. Not sure when they are going to pick him up. Hopefully any day.

BryanL
10-10-2012, 09:58 AM
They should be able to find him. The question is whether they will find the trailer.

I haven't researched trailer locks in a long time. Last time I looked I remember seeing some video of how easy most locks are broken with a pipe or pry bar. There are lojack type options for trailers too. I'm curious to hear what the insurance company does considering it was in a storage facility and not at your house. Well see how long my theory holds of having a dented up trailer as being less of a theft target than the rest of the trailers in the storage lot.

Hats off to you for still making the race and enjoying the weekend instead of sitting at home being ticked off. Same goes to Pranav-already shows me he is the kind of guy that will fit well in the group and he hasn't even raced with us yet but loans his trailer to Ole English.

rleng1
10-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I owe him ONE point by.

rleng1
01-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Received a call today from Harris County Sheriffs Dept. They have identified the suspect, and built the case, and wanted to know if I wanted to press charges..what do yall say? Hell yes I told the officer.
So a warrant is out for his arrest. His last whereabouts is in Louisiana. Says he is a refinery worker.
Just can't trust folks in the oilfield. Folks in Cajun country, be on the lookout.
Be sure to secure your trailer, and chamber one.

Rsmith350
01-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Same goes to Pranav-already shows me he is the kind of guy that will fit well in the group and he hasn't even raced with us yet but loans his trailer to Ole English.
Was hoping someone would point that out

BlueFirePony
01-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Received a call today from Harris County Sheriffs Dept. They have identified the suspect, and built the case, and wanted to know if I wanted to press charges..what do yall say? Hell yes I told the officer.
So a warrant is out for his arrest. His last whereabouts is in Louisiana. Says he is a refinery worker.
Just can't trust folks in the oilfield. Folks in Cajun country, be on the lookout.
Be sure to secure your trailer, and chamber one.
I say electrify the next one Randy...no sense wasting the ammo. So it took 3 months to build the case from the time they ID'd the thief? Guy must have multiple offenses and be a big dog or is the Sheriff's office just way understaffed?

rleng1
04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Received call from Harris County DA, they have arrested the guy that stole my trailer. He is still in Texas. He wants to return the trailer for a plea bargain. The traileris now black, so you can imagine the quality of work.
Since I have settled with the insurance company and ordered a new trailer, no need. Suggest they throw the book at him, but reality this joker will be back on the street.
Keep your trailer secure.
Thanks for all of your support.

Rsmith350
04-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Received call from Harris County DA, they have arrested the guy that stole my trailer. He is still in Texas. He wants to return the trailer for a plea bargain. The traileris now black, so you can imagine the quality of work.
Since I have settled with the insurance company and ordered a new trailer, no need. Suggest they throw the book at him, but reality this joker will be back on the street.
Keep your trailer secure.
Thanks for all of your support.
So the trailer is for sale?! :)

AllZWay
04-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Glad they finally got him. The idiot needs to sit in jail for a while.

edrock96GT
04-10-2013, 08:32 AM
He wants to return the trailer for a plea bargain? How is that decision up to him?

rleng1
04-10-2013, 12:42 PM
That is being discussed with his defense attorney(most likely provided by the state), and the DA. I say no plea bargaining.
I'll also keep an ear out on the sale of the trailer..

edrock96GT
04-10-2013, 03:38 PM
I meant the returning the trailer part. I thought that part would be kinda mandatory...

Rsmith350
04-10-2013, 06:12 PM
I meant the returning the trailer part. I thought that part would be kinda mandatory...

That crossed my mind too......

Rob Liebbe
04-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Insurance already paid Randy for the trailer, it doesn't belong to him anymore.

Rsmith350
04-11-2013, 05:01 PM

Thanks Judge Judy! :)

edrock96GT
04-11-2013, 10:57 PM

Yeah but I'm sure that doesn't mean it belongs to the guy that stole it now...

...right?

rleng1
04-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Insurance company wants to know if the firing squad is still available from the US Army?

AllZWay
04-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Insurance company wants to know if the firing squad is still available from the US Army?

Can you buy it back cheap?

edrock96GT
04-12-2013, 03:13 PM

It's a kinder, gentler, more politically correct Army these days. They would just make him sit through power point presentations on equal opportunity, sexual harassment and Army values once every quarter while they fed him, clothed him, treated him with dignity and respected his religious preference...

...and probably make him recite some creed every day...