PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for Paul Brown

marshall_mosty
10-09-2012, 10:24 PM
2011 Pirelli World Challenge GTS Champion - March 2012, ready to defend that championship and contend the 2012 season - Unexpectedly diagnosed with Stage III Metastatic Melenoma - So the real fight begins... Stage IV Metastaic Melanoma is an ugly, aggressive disease. There currently is no "cure," but that doesn't mean that there aren't treatments and medications out there that can slow or even reverse the course. We are deeply fortunate to have access to the very best of care and to an unlimited supply of love and support. The fight is on and we will explore every option there is. The outpouring of love and support, literally from around the world, has been almost overwhelming and we are so very grateful. All good thoughts, prayers and positive energy are of benefit. Thank you, all. Racer - Husband - Son - Faithful Friend - Big Brother - Animal Lover... "The nicest person I have ever met." ~ Wife, Carol Hollfelder...

marshall_mosty
10-09-2012, 10:24 PM
You can sign-up for blog updates here:
http://www.carepages.com/carepages/PBR/updates/3401805?client_code=uscuh&ipc=mur

marshall_mosty
10-09-2012, 10:25 PM
9-Oct-12
Sometimes too quickly. Paul's condition is worsening more quickly than we even feared. He is still undergoing radiation treatment, but he is very weak since he hasn't been able to eat anything in almost 2 weeks. we did get a picc line in him last night and started TPN (trans Parenteral nutrition). I am so hoping that will give him some energy.

We are working on getting him home as soon as we can. I hope tomorrow, but it depends on how quickly we can coordinate getting the stuff he needs together.

I must be honest. We did not expect him to be in such bad shape at this time. This would be the time to worry. And pray, and send positive energy and light more candles or maybe burn down a candle factory. Or two.

Visitors are always welcome. We are still at Keck Hospital in room 800.

Thank you all again. Paul is so loved and I couldn't get thru this without you