PDA

View Full Version : ABS Troubleshooting (SN95)?

MikeS
10-21-2012, 08:39 PM
ABS on my new-to-me SN95 does not work. Some of you saw this car at ECR a couple of weekends ago. Marshall Mosty drove it.

Can't seem to figure out why. Circuits seem to be OK.

Thoughts on getting this troubleshot? Don't know that a regular mechanic would take this on. I'm in Austin.

marshall_mosty
10-22-2012, 05:24 AM
Mike,
There are wires in the harness that are wired into either your ABS or check engine light. I was able put put my own light on the dash with a toggle switch to be able to pull the ABS codes. They read like any other service codes (blinks followed by pauses, followed by blinks). David Finsik did a good write-up that is on the Corral.net technical section. It has a copy of the wiring diagram that you can use to trace thw wires for the diagnostic circuit.

cobra132
10-22-2012, 06:33 AM
I am having trouble with mine as well. Went through the harness yesterday an found that that the warning light was not hooked up to the green indicator circuit. Now the light is on continuously and when I try to pull the codes it just stays on???? Any thoughts? FMR

Rob Liebbe
10-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Frank,

I had a similar problem with my ABS. Turned out the tabs on one of the fuses were lightly corroded and I was getting intermittent trouble light, mostly on all the time, and kept giving strange error codes. Cleaned the tabs and it is good to go. I know we checked continuity at the track, but check for corrosion as well.

cobra132
10-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks Rob, I'll check it out. Mike check out this web site: http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/brakes/absDiagInfo.html

Al Fernandez
10-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Aren't the corral and tech mutually exclusive?

Al Fernandez
10-22-2012, 08:52 PM
By the way, easiest way to repair abs is to unbolt the hardware, cut the wires out, and throw the whole mess in the can ;)

BlueFirePony
10-22-2012, 11:57 PM
By the way, easiest way to repair abs is to unbolt the hardware, cut the wires out, and throw the whole mess in the can ;) For anything other than an S197 - where the computer will freak out and put the car in limp mode. Although I think I might have a way to trick it...another experiment I have planned over the winter.

edrock96GT
10-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Shoot me a PM if you need the ABS wiring diagram. I tried to link it in the thread but it was too small to read the colors.

My first suggestion would be to just check all the wires, connectors and sensors. More than likely something got snagged.

rpoz27
10-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Having one car with ABS and one without...I can tell you without a doubt, do NOT get rid of it. ABS is a performance advantage period. If the class allows the use of ABS, your advice is pretty retarded. Now if I could just get the ABS in the camaro working again without the stock wiring harness, that would nice.