PDA

View Full Version : Contingency preference

Al Fernandez
10-22-2012, 08:49 PM
What would you prefer, a contingency that pays 100$ per race for 1st or one that pays $1200 for the regional champ? Assume two paying races per weekend, six race weekends in the season, no other positions pay.

RichardP
10-22-2012, 08:54 PM
What would you prefer, a contingency that pays 100$ per race for 1st or one that pays $1200 for the regional champ? Assume two paying races per weekend, six race weekends in the season, no other positions pay.

Neither. But between the two, $100 per race.

$50 for a win, $25 second, on down would be better. Bigger numbers better still...

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
10-22-2012, 09:32 PM
#1. Spread the wealth.

AllZWay
10-22-2012, 09:37 PM
I agree....the more spread out the better.

Al Fernandez
10-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Don't change the question lol. I'm a bigger advocate than most for spreading payouts deeper into the field, that's not what this is about. This is about many small prizes Vs one big prize.

BlueFirePony
10-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Don't change the question lol. I'm a bigger advocate than most for spreading payouts deeper into the field, that's not what this is about. This is about many small prizes Vs one big prize.

What's the purpose of the contingency?
If there is a solid sport design in place you should have your answer.

If it is a choice between, I would go with the pay-per-race. Give's more people an incentive to make a weekend. Midway through any given season, how many racers are really still in the hunt for the regional championship? In Texas 3 maybe 4 CMC and maybe 1 or 2 AI? For sure half the racers are out of the regional almost from the start but "on any given Sunday" anyone can win a points race.
So again, what motivation are you pursuing?
Spotlight on winnerS = pay-per-race
Spotlight on winner = regional

Put the $ where the light is brightest.

edrock96GT
10-23-2012, 07:33 AM
I choose pay per race.

I'm still wondering why we don't try to get spectators at these things....

ShadowBolt
10-23-2012, 07:36 AM

Pay the first three or four places then skip a few places then pay three or four more places..........wait a minute we are already doing that.

JJ

Fbody383
10-23-2012, 08:55 AM
What would you prefer, a contingency that pays 100$ per race for 1st or one that pays $1200 for the regional champ? Assume two paying races per weekend, six race weekends in the season, no other positions pay. Between those two, the one that pays per race. I think more of "us" have a shot at winning a particular race than just the couple that run for the regional title.

Rob Liebbe
10-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Can it be a combination? $100 per race and a small regional champ payout of $200 - $300. But if limited to the two choices, I prefer the $100 per race.

michaelmosty
10-23-2012, 10:59 AM
$100 / race.

rpoz27
10-23-2012, 10:59 AM
truly spread the wealth, eliminate the contingency in total. Lower the price of the tire $75/tire and then maybe payout $1000 to regional champion. Everyone running the series wins! Remember when Toyo's were $175 shaved to your door?! That was some good racing.

In a spec tire series it makes no sense to dole out money to the guy winning on the spec tire every week and then screwing EVERYONE else by having to jack up the price of the tires. Give the racers a reason to like TOYO again. Register actual racers for the special pricing on the tires and then sell to the general public at retail. Hoosier has done it with contracts for years....you just have to buy your tires up front at the beginnning of the season. Maybe a group buy?

Figured I would send in some positive solutions to keep the costs of racing down.

Al Fernandez
10-23-2012, 12:10 PM
I figured more people would prefer many little prizes over one big prize at the end, mostly due to the fact that the payout probability is higher. Thats the way I see it, I just wanted confirmation, thanks guys.