PDA

View Full Version : Export parts

Alien
11-01-2012, 03:24 PM
What are the rules concerning using parts that were on euro export cars? Along the same lines, what about parts used on Pace Cars?

GlennCMC70
11-01-2012, 03:37 PM
7. CAR MODIFICATIONS
7.1 Allowed Modifications
Other than those items specifically allowed by the rules, no other part or component may be modified, removed, or disabled. If there are any "questionable" or "gray" area modifications, the competitor shall contact the CMC Board of Directors for clarification before competition.
Replacement parts must be original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or others of equivalent OEM specifications. (i.e. – OEM replacement parts from any retailer are allowed provided they meet OEM specifications and do not offer a performance improvement over the OEM part they replace.)
Limited production components and/or prototypes must be approved by a Director prior to competition to ensure their use and lack of availability to all competitors will not result in a competitive advantage.

Alien
11-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Dang, guess I can't run the all aluminum 5.7L that was used in the two '82 Pace cars!

Serious tho, I saw that bit, didn't know if 6,360 pace car replicas was what I'd call limited production. There were only 589 B4C's in '92. Can't find any number on export cars.

Anyways, email sent to you and Al shortly...