PDA

View Full Version : Group 5 and Group 8 Together Again!

TEXAST1
08-07-2006, 11:34 AM
In case I didn't tell ya'll: I had more fun running with the old pack again at TWS. I enjoy running down the course with more than just me, Jay and a couple of other cars! :lol:

I think it is good racing for both groups, I can get practice a passing and judgement while getting through some tight spaces. :wink: And several of you get practice in mirror use! (JB) :wink:

Clean fast driving is always the best!

AI#97
08-07-2006, 11:54 AM
I had a blast too! that was the first time I experienced 5 & 8 together and I had fun running with you and Jay.....especially Jay! :wink: I gave him a bunch of shit later telling him he needed about 20-30 more hp!! I think he was just frustrated to have a mirror full of mustang followed by a Windshield full of mustang!!! :P

All was great except for that damn Caterham....mirrors or not, you just can't see that little thing!

TEXAST1
08-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Yea, Jay kept blaming his tires for going wide in 2. I am thinking too much Moostang in the mirrors. :wink: :lol:

That little green machine is too fast for the group he was in and too small for our group. I am not sure where to put him. Pete is the fastest one of his kind around here. I think that is why they originally grouped him with the Spec RX7 because the others are quite so fast.

donovan
08-07-2006, 12:16 PM
I had a blast as well, except for the little go-cart that I could not see and almost ran over... Can we get him a five foot orange flag or something! kind of like

http://www.cyclestuffusa.com/ProductImages/ATV/ATVSAFFLAGBY.jpg

David D.

AI#97
08-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Yea, Jay kept blaming his tires for going wide in 2. I am thinking too much Moostang in the mirrors. :wink: :lol:

That little green machine is too fast for the group he was in and too small for our group. I am not sure where to put him. Pete is the fastest one of his kind around here. I think that is why they originally grouped him with the Spec RX7 because the others are quite so fast.

Oh, I will agree he has polished brass gonads for running with us and he is pretty damn fast in that thing....I would just prefer for him to make the decision NOT to get in the way of OUR race when he is just racing the clock in a class of one!

David, I like the idea of the "kiddie" flag but I am thinking of just painting his helmet bright orange or make he wear a road cone on his head!!! Atleast that way I will automatically think "don't hit it"!!! :twisted:

GlennCMC70
08-07-2006, 02:13 PM
ah yes, cone rash! one mans 2 second penalty is another mans perfect apex! :P

Mike Bell
08-07-2006, 03:33 PM
A Porsche decided to try and pass 3 cars on the backstraight in practice Saturday, stuffed it under me at the turn in for T7. Then, next lap, super red Panoz decides to be a hero and try and stuff it under me in T7. :twisted:

Group 8, I wish I'd never heard of such a thing lol. :lol:

TEXAST1
08-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Mike, maybe you are giving off the wrong signals on track, your track body language maybe being miss-interpreted. :wink: :P

Makes for good excitement.

I bet Micah doesn't forget that race soon! :shock:

Mike Bell
08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Mike, maybe you are giving off the wrong signals on track, your track body language maybe being miss-interpreted. :wink: :P

Makes for good excitement.

I'm there for the good excitement. 8)

Todd Covini
08-08-2006, 01:07 AM
It totally made sense to combine Groups 5 & 8 this weekend given the schedule challenges, race group sizes and course length. From what I could see, everything worked great with the starts and the racing action.(there were a few cases of miffed drivers for out of class racing and my last minute "single green flag" screw-up call in R4, but overall it worked great.)

This was a perfect example of assessing/adjusting as necessary at the track and getting racer's input. Consistency is one of the 3 C's, but so is Compromise!

-=- Todd