PDA

View Full Version : SUV Tires

BryanL
11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
My old man who isn't suppossed to be driving at night got behind the wheel of my wife's truck last night. He hit a curb and killed a tire. Problem is Goodyear doesn't make an Eagle GT II in a 285/60/18 anymore. Thought I would check to see if anyone had any opinion on a street suv tire. It's a Lexus LX470 that never goes off road. I'm looking at the Bridgesone Dueler HL Alenza. My contact at Discount recommended a Yokohoma Geolander H/TS GO52 or Hankook Ventus AS RH07.

Rob Liebbe
11-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I have Michelin LTX A/S 2's on my Expedition and am very happy with them. I know they are a bit more expensive, but I've always had good luck with them.

BlueFirePony
11-09-2012, 12:31 PM
. . . He hit a curb and killed a tire.
i'd argue that curbs are off-road in the context of daily driving so never say never ;)
Bridgestones would be my pick

BryanL
11-09-2012, 03:08 PM
I have Michelin LTX A/S 2's on my Expedition and am very happy with them. I know they are a bit more expensive, but I've always had good luck with them.

Yeah, I run the Michelin's on my Suburban and they are great. I had already planned to use those when it came time but they don't make them in that size. Michelin makes a Latitude though but I don't have any experience with them. Wonder if Toyo makes anything for it like on your Highlander.

marshall_mosty
11-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I had a set of Geolanders on both the Explorer and currently on the Tahoe. Really like them and they last for 55-60K miles.. Not too pricey either.

kbrewmr2
11-12-2012, 11:27 AM
I have the Hankooks you mentioned. Quiet, good grip, haven't had em long enough to comment on wear yet though...