PDA

View Full Version : NOLA 2012 and the end of the season

Al Fernandez
11-12-2012, 08:03 PM
This was such a FUN weekend...and I didnt even have a car. First, the facility is first class. Those of you that didnt make it really need to get there next year. The track is sooo smooth it'll spoil you. Its a rythim track, and fast. This place has Wirtz written all over it. The only down side is for those of you that dont bring a pit vehicle. Gotta bring at least a bicycle! lol

Of course since its our first time there we have a new track record...for CMC it was set in R4...4 times...by three different drivers! lol I am so gonna get my ass handed to me when I'm back in a CMC car.

Glenn is working up points, but I'm pretty confident the top three in CMC are James, Dan, Michael and the top one in AI is Casey, but I've been wrong before.

We had no fewer than four new licensees at NOLA, which is just so cool. ROtY battles next year!!

Congrats and thanks to everyone for making this year one of my favorites.

ShadowBolt
11-13-2012, 11:10 AM
NOLA was even better than Hallett. 10 hours in the motorhome from Georgetown. Easier drive for me than the 8.5 to Hallett. Car was great. Had a push when I first got on track so I adjusted the shocks and air pressure and got most of the push out. Other than that I opened the hood once and checked the oil and I changed two tires and one brake rotor in three days of track time. The track is a lot of fun. Getting to drive the car all four races was fun and I learned a lot. Still can't beat the triplets (James, Michael, or Dan) or Cody but wow what fun. Gary just blows me away how he can drop four to six seconds a lap in a weekend. I bet no one was even close to dropping as many seconds off their lap times as Gary did. Great job Gary.........until the car went boom and blew all to Hell. Also I think this is the first race Gary has missed since he started racing (R4) four or five years ago! For those of you that did not make the trip please consider it for next year. This is by far the nicest and smoothest track we run. I've never been to Miller or Barber but NOLA has got to be at least as nice as those tracks are. I was told they have spent 60 million and the track we were running is supposed to be the motorcycle track and they are just starting to build the Car track. When finished they can be put together for a track that will be over five miles per lap. I'm still on the high from the weekend. I don't have any video but Michael has some of a hell of a race between the Trips, Cody and myself.

JJ

kbrewmr2
11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Baton Rouge traffic can suck it.

Other than that, great event. Track is fast, karts after the party were fun, going to be tough to top... :)

AllZWay
11-13-2012, 12:00 PM
NOLA is a top notch facility for sure. I wasn't sold on the track after practice on Friday, but it raced much better than expected. It was very smooth, but a tire chewer. I am sure a little age will help that part.

It is a very fast track.

Congrats to Casey on the AI championship.

Conrats to Dan for the NOLA track record... but you wished you ran a 1:57 ;) And thanks to Dan and Michael for the fun this year and for pushing me so hard. The pressure was almost too much though.

Sorry that Gary's iron man record streak has ended. It is very difficult to make every race for several years from personal reasons to mechanical reasons. Congrats on making it so far. That is a record that will be hard to beat.

Casey_SS
11-13-2012, 01:41 PM
As everyone is saying, NOLA is a great track and facility. It's also a great "destination" event, similar to Hallett but for different reasons. I was a little put off by the price of Friday practice so I voted with my wallett and spent that money taking the family to the zoo and the French Quarter - both were fantastic and money well spent. OTOH, I forgot how hard it is to be fast while learning a new track in the middle of a race. Note to self.

The karting Saturday night was a blast! Never drove a kart before...a lot more fun than I thought they'd be.

Congrats to James on the CMC championship - that was one hell of a battle all year long. I should have some good video of you guys going at it...I'll try to get it all uploaded this week.

marshall_mosty
11-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Congrats to Casey for his AI championship!!