PDA

View Full Version : CMC Drivers List 2005-2012

GlennCMC70
11-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Since Marshal posted a list of possible AI drivers for 2013, it got me thinking about putting a similar list together.
Here is a list of all the CMC drivers that have raced w/ us since 2005 to 2012. I only retained names who I know still have a CMC car. The list is staggering.
I can only hope we can get all these names to the same event in 2013. I would be very happy is w/ got a 50% turnout. Feel free to tell me who I left off and who should be removed.

50 drivers.
Al Fernandez
Benjamin Northrup
Bob Denton
Brad Densmore
Bryan Leinart
Bryan White
Charles Penney
Chris McComb
Cody Powell
Corey Reuth
Daniel Allford
David Francis
David Love
David Sealander
Derek Wright
Gary Hood
Gary Robertson
Glenn Landrum
Greg Hampton
Greg Hughes
James Proctor
Jason Love
Jeff Tilton
Jeff Wirtz
Jeremiah Kellam
Jeremy Gunter
Joe Bogetich
John Thuman
Ken Rockwell
Kent Owens
Michael Mosty
Morgan Dawdy
Nick Runyon
Randy English
Raybob Coleman
Rich Vogl
Rob Liebbe
Robert Boudreaux
Ron Jones
Ryan Rahjes
Sam Crumpacker
Sean Richardson
Sidney Franklin
Spencer Caudle
Steve Mulder
Lewis Tanner ( CMC )
Team Jordan
Thuman (CMC)
Wade Zimmer
Wayne Stehle

How do we get everyone to come back?

MikeP99Z
11-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Texas Region
Al Fernandez
Benjamin Northrup
Bryan Leinart
Charles Penney
Chris McComb
Daniel Allford
David Francis
David and Jason Love
Gary Hood
Gary Robertson
Glenn Landrum
Greg Hughes
James Proctor
Jeff Tilton
Jeff Wirtz
Jeremiah Kellam
Jeremy Gunter
Michael Mosty
Morgan Dawdy
Nick Runyon
Randy English
Rob Liebbe
Ron Jones
Sam Crumpacker
Sean Richardson
Spencer Caudle
Steve Mulder
Team Jordan
Wade Zimmer
Wayne Stehle

Out of Region
Bob Denton
Brad Densmore
Bryan White
Cody Powell
David Sealander
Derek Wright
Greg Hampton
Joe Bogetich
John Thuman
Ken Rockwell
Kent Owens
Raybob Coleman
Rich Vogl
Ryan Rahjes
Sidney Franklin

Car for sale ?
Corey Reuth
Robert Boudreaux

rleng1
11-19-2012, 05:36 PM
And those with builds ongoing:

Rob Liebee
Pranav Patel

ShadowBolt
11-19-2012, 07:28 PM
And those with builds ongoing:

Rob Liebee
Pranav Patel

Rob who?

JJ

GlennCMC70
11-19-2012, 11:20 PM
And that buddy of Dan's.
So 52? Rob was already on the list.

ShadowBolt
11-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Texas Region
Al Fernandez
Benjamin Northrup
Bryan Leinart
Charles Penney
Chris McComb
Daniel Allford
David Francis
David and Jason Love
Gary Hood
Gary Robertson
Glenn Landrum
Greg Hughes
James Proctor
Jeff Tilton
Jeff Wirtz
Jeremiah Kellam
Jeremy Gunter
Michael Mosty
Morgan Dawdy
Nick Runyon
Randy English
Rob Liebbe
Ron Jones
Sam Crumpacker
Sean Richardson
Spencer Caudle
Steve Mulder
Team Jordan
Wade Zimmer
Wayne Stehle

Out of Region
Bob Denton
Brad Densmore
Bryan White
Cody Powell
David Sealander
Derek Wright
Greg Hampton
Joe Bogetich
John Thuman
Ken Rockwell
Kent Owens
Raybob Coleman
Rich Vogl
Ryan Rahjes
Sidney Franklin

Car for sale ?
Corey Reuth
Robert Boudreaux

In the four or five years Jay and I have been in CMC we have never seen.

Chris McComb
at least not in CMC

Ron Jones

Sean Richardson

Spencer Caudle

Or at least I don't remember these guys.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
11-20-2012, 08:42 AM

JJ

It's hell gettin' old, isn't it Jerry? :)

AllZWay
11-20-2012, 08:54 AM

Chris McComb
at least not in CMC

Ron Jones

Sean Richardson

Spencer Caudle

JJ

Jerry.. Chris has raced with us at Hallett.

Sean is a new guy in Nick Valentin old car... raced with us at NOLA.

Spencer also raced with us at NOLA.

:D

Alien
11-20-2012, 09:23 AM
IIRC, Ron Jones ran one weekend with us in 2010 at MSR-H, black third gen I think? Blew up the engine and hasn't been back since. I think that was the same weekend we last saw Gary Hood.

GlennCMC70
11-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Ron also didn't have a legal CMC motor. I told him to come back once it was legal (afterhe blew it up). He was on Hoosiers too.

ShadowBolt
11-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Jerry.. Chris has raced with us at Hallett.

Sean is a new guy in Nick Valentin old car... raced with us at NOLA.

Spencer also raced with us at NOLA.

:D

I may have met these guys at NOLA but I don't remember names worth a crap. I forgot about Chris since I don't think he has raced as a Texas guy. He was a Colorado guy back then I think. You are right Rob. Getting old is hell.

JJ

GlennCMC70
11-20-2012, 11:24 AM
I consider all guys who come to a NASA TX event a Texas guy. Some of those guys make more TX events than some of our TX only guys.
Cody has raced as many TX races as I have this year.
You guys get used to seeing Chris around. He's working to become an RD. I would buy him a drink every now and then. ;)

Al Fernandez
11-20-2012, 02:01 PM
He's working to become an RD. I would buy him a drink every now and then. ;)

LOL good advice

Storm Trooper
11-21-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm new! but you'll see the backend of my car. Lol
Sean

Fbody383
11-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm new! but you'll see the backend of my car. Lol
SeanXlnt... rookie smack.

BryanL
11-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Xlnt... rookie smack.

Well of course it will be seen on the inverts.

mikespeed95
11-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Sweet, smack talk. I'm already liking this.

How many people normally run every event of the season around here? Looking at the points I see some people I know on there, that I didn't even know did CMC.

ShadowBolt
11-21-2012, 03:19 PM

How many people normally run every event of the season around here? Looking at the points I see some people I know on there, that I didn't even know did CMC.

I try and make every race weekend. No matter what, you have to make Hallett and now NOLA. Be there or be square.

JJ

mikespeed95
11-21-2012, 04:09 PM
I try and make every race weekend. No matter what, you have to make Hallett and now NOLA. Be there or be square.

JJ

I'm going to try to give the whole season a shot first year. I just need to get a car locked down and earn a license so I can come play and learn I'm probably not going to do as well as I think I might.

Storm Trooper
11-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Lol

Storm Trooper
11-22-2012, 01:16 PM

I already have every event locked into my schedule planner!
Seat time seat time seat time!!:-)

David Love AI27
11-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Rob was already on the list.

Why?

David Love AI27
11-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Ron also didn't have a legal CMC motor. I told him to come back once it was legal (afterhe blew it up). He was on Hoosiers too.

Perfect for Nationals...

Best Cheater wins... LOL...

(Glenn, I'm talking about recent years, not "back in the good ol' days"..)

Adam Ginsberg
11-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Hmmm.....from what I recall, I raced in the TX region from 2003 until early 2008. Obviously not anywhere on your list, eh Glenn?

GlennCMC70
11-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Hmmm.....from what I recall, I raced in the TX region from 2003 until early 2008. Obviously not anywhere on your list, eh Glenn?

Don't be but hurt. I took off names of folks who don't have CMC cars anymore and those I was confident would not race w/ us in the future. Nothing personal. I can add you back on if you want. Although I'm sure the point of your post is not for that reason.

Rob Liebbe
11-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Chick Fight!!!!

Sidney
11-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Perfect for Nationals...

Best Cheater wins... LOL...

(Glenn, I'm talking about recent years, not "back in the good ol' days"..)

David,

You obviously have no clue about tech at Mid-Ohio or the Race Directors involved. It's bullshit comments like this that keep racers away from Nationals.

Sidney Franklin

Fbody383
11-26-2012, 10:58 AM
David,

You obviously have no clue about tech at Mid-Ohio or the Race Directors involved. It's bullshit comments like this that keep racers away from Nationals.

Sidney Franklin Nah... it's 24 hours of towing each way to run at the back...

kbrewmr2
11-26-2012, 12:33 PM
so when Nationals is a couple of hours away at COTA you have no excuses left anymore ;)

marshall_mosty
11-26-2012, 02:43 PM
David,

Sidney Franklin

This is NOT pointed directly at DL, but just out to the crowd to digest.

Allegations of cheating is just as bad as cheating, IMHO. If someone think's the system (tech, rules, officials, etc) is broken, please by all means, don't show up and participate in something you don't believe in. However, for the rest of us to be able to grow a series, the rules and systems put into place over more than a decade needs to be allowed to work. So please don't spew filth on a public forum that may possibly damage the series, or worse someone's reputation individually. We all do this for fun. Nobody does this to get rich. It's about coming together and sharing a common passion and then have the ability to see what we can do on track. If you bring a problem up in public, I would also expect a solution. We can all point out faults, but it's hard to drive change for the good.

I'm off my soap box now... back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

Fbody383
11-26-2012, 03:18 PM
so when Nationals is a couple of hours away at COTA you have no excuses left anymore ;)I think I would gladly make a "Hallett length trip" to Nationals, but COTA would be an easy call - almost regardless of cost. For COTA I would sacrifice a regional race if I had to.

We are really good at screwing up threads...

If someone think's the system (tech, rules, officials, etc) is broken, please by all means...I got two: 1) a TX car at Nationals and the unexplained blown dyno, 2) a certain set of subframe connectors. Now, I don't think we should necessarily throw the racer out in favor of the rules, but guys that are open and honest and just trying to get TO the line sometimes get punished like an out-n-out cheater.

For my money there is still no better place to race... even if it means i won't get rich.

Storm Trooper
11-26-2012, 07:58 PM

Allegations of cheating is just as bad as cheating, IMHO. If someone think's the system (tech, rules, officials, etc) is broken, please by all means, don't show up and participate in something you don't believe in. However, for the rest of us to be able to grow a series, the rules and systems put into place over more than a decade needs to be allowed to work. So please don't spew filth on a public forum that may possibly damage the series, or worse someone's reputation individually. We all do this for fun. Nobody does this to get rich. It's about coming together and sharing a common passion and then have the ability to see what we can do on track. If you bring a problem up in public, I would also expect a solution. We can all point out faults, but it's hard to drive change for the good.

I'm off my soap box now... back to your regularly scheduled programming.....
Well said!

Casey_SS
11-27-2012, 01:31 AM
Well said!

I agree. It was kinda long though (sorry Marshall). My favorite part was this - "We all do this for fun. Nobody does this to get rich. It's about coming together and sharing a common passion and then have the ability to see what we can do on track."

That (to me) is the only good reason to do any of this crap at all. Problem is if we all agree on that, there's not much left to argue about. It'd be a damn shame if that ever happened...I'd have a LOT of left over popcorn. :)

Rsmith350
11-27-2012, 09:43 AM

I'm off my soap box now... back to your regularly scheduled programming.....well said sir.

marshall_mosty
11-27-2012, 12:54 PM
It was kinda long though (sorry Marshall).

No worries Casey. I've been told that I'm long winded in my expanations and that I like to hear myself talk... :)

rleng1
11-27-2012, 01:11 PM
I like to listen to Marshall type, er, talk.
Dudes, and dudesses, we are still racing. How cool is that.
When you get my age, you will understand.

BryanL
11-27-2012, 02:40 PM

If I get to your age I hope I can still understand.......

ShadowBolt
11-27-2012, 04:51 PM

I understand.

JJ

NASA13
11-30-2012, 03:26 PM
New CMC racer
Please welcome Craig McCormick to CMC.
He has purchased the #13 car from me.
Great guy!
I will also be returning sometime next year with a new chassis.

Hood
12-03-2012, 06:57 PM

Starting the long rebuild process to get to the first race of 2013. Pulled the old bullet (the one that let go at MSRH that Robertson referred to earlier) and found out why I was down on power. New bullet is a few parts away from being complete. Should start installing it this coming weekend. That makes one of about 40 items on the to-do list...

Fbody383
12-04-2012, 09:56 AM
No way you'll be done on time... shop is too big.

And like you need all that power.

Storm Trooper
12-05-2012, 02:46 PM

We get to race and have a smile on our face:-)

Rsmith350
12-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Good to see you coming back Gary!

Fbody383
12-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Good to see you coming back Gary!He needs to be teched really closely...

Hood
12-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Well, you'll find remnants of the Burch mark still there along with the golf ball aerodynamically enhanced roof (you can do this mod as well, just leave your hood pins out and drive 75 mph).

Al Fernandez
12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
lol awesome picture Gary, and glad to see you coming back out :)

Hood
12-10-2012, 11:26 PM
If you'll notice, there is still a little Bergman left on the old girl (gecko green oil pan and motor mounts). ;) Hi Julie!

Suck fumes
12-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Ill be joining you guys in January and all next year also.

GlennCMC70
12-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Ill be joining you guys in January and all next year also.

Got a name?

Suck fumes
12-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Aaron McSpadden

MikeP99Z
12-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Aaron McSpadden

Welcome!

marshall_mosty
12-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Aaron McSpadden
Aaron,
Welcome. Make sure you touch base with Michael Mosty for the intro into AI/CMC racing if you haven't done so already... Also a current medical, NASA membership, and NASA Comp License.

Suck fumes
12-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I already renewed all my license stuff. Why do I need to contact Michael?

MikeP99Z
12-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Marshall - Aaron already races with NASA TX.

Aaron - I think Marshall is referring to unique race format stuff (and/or I think he assumed you were new to racing). He could be referring to standing starts for Races 1 and 3 (except TWS), and inverted rolling starts for Races 2 and 4. There's usually a meeting each day.

Hamp
12-17-2012, 08:12 PM
How do we get everyone to come back?

Edit: initial reply had more, saw a typo I was trying to edit via my phone and add something about TWS, and ...errrrr Anyway..

I'll be at the 2013 shoot-out and also thinking about TWS in April.

Greg Hampton
#36 98 Mustang 4.6
Des Moines

cjlmlml
12-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Adam! Adam! Adam! Adam! Adam! Adam!

marshall_mosty
12-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Marshall - Aaron already races with NASA TX.

Aaron - I think Marshall is referring to unique race format stuff (and/or I think he assumed you were new to racing). He could be referring to standing starts for Races 1 and 3 (except TWS), and inverted rolling starts for Races 2 and 4. There's usually a meeting each day.

Aaron,
Since I didn't recognize the name, I assumed you were new to NASA and needed to go thru the comp school process. Looks like you'll be good to go. Welcome.

Hamp
12-18-2012, 11:48 PM
TWS looks fun from in car video I've seen. Other than a better chance of good weather than up here in April, is it worth the trip?

Thanks

Greg Hampton
#36 98 Mustang
Des Moines

Suck fumes
12-19-2012, 12:38 AM
TWS is always worth the trip. One of my favorite tracks at 2.9mi.

Wade
12-19-2012, 09:06 AM
TWS is my favorite track of any that we run in Texas. TWS running clockwise is my second favorite track. Definintely worth the trip.

Hamp
12-19-2012, 10:40 AM
After hearing that from you two, and it sounding even more enticing, I just checked the map and learned it's much further than I'd thought. No clue what I was looking at before, but for some reason thought it was in Forth Worth. Just confirmed I'm way off and that it's 920 miles from my house and probably a 14 hour trip. Bummer. Will do better research next time before barking up the wrong tree. My bad.

Guess I'll just have to settle for racing with all of you at Hallett.

Hope everyone has good Christmas & New Years and a fun start to the 2013 season. Will see ya next June.

Thanks

Greg Hampton
#36 98 Mustang
Des Moines

kbrewmr2
12-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Eagle's Canyon & Motorsports Ranch Cresson are the two Ft-Worth area tracks and still worth considering

rleng1
12-19-2012, 12:11 PM
TWS is my favorite track of any that we run in Texas. TWS running clockwise is my second favorite track. Definintely worth the trip.

All of you Aggies love TWS. You all are good on TWS, and tough to stay up with. Besides you get to sleep in your own bed. TWS is an excellent track, except in August.
Old men need not apply.

Hamp
12-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Good to know. I'll check them out. Thanks.

btw: Heads up. The TWS home page is handing out viruses. When I clicked the link, my anti virus kicked in and gave me a long list. Then my IT department called right after and let me know. Fortunately my anti virus did it's job but the files were still in my internet temp folders and had to clear them. So, in addition to the heads up, also figured some of you might have some contacts there and may want to do em a favor and let them know.

Greg Hampton
#36 98 Mustang
Des Moines

smitty328
12-19-2012, 10:48 PM
After hearing that from you two, and it sounding even more enticing, I just checked the map and learned it's much further than I'd thought. No clue what I was looking at before, but for some reason thought it was in Forth Worth. Just confirmed I'm way off and that it's 920 miles from my house and probably a 14 hour trip. Bummer. Will do better research next time before barking up the wrong tree. My bad.

Guess I'll just have to settle for racing with all of you at Hallett.

Hope everyone has good Christmas & New Years and a fun start to the 2013 season. Will see ya next June.

Thanks

Greg Hampton
#36 98 Mustang
Des Moines

You can come to MSRC (Ft. Worth) in March, then leave you car at my shop, and come down in April for TWS. Not sure if it's an option to leave your rig and fly, but the offer is there.

Hamp
12-20-2012, 10:31 AM
You can come to MSRC (Ft. Worth) in March, then leave you car at my shop, and come down in April for TWS. Not sure if it's an option to leave your rig and fly, but the offer is there.

Appreicate the offer and the hospitality. That approach would add one more event to my schedule that was not planned but also sounds fun and would cut costs (alot less towing). So definitely worth some thought. I'll PM you in Feb and let you know regardless.

Thanks

Greg Hampton
#36 98 Mustang
Central Region (Des Moines)

evarner
12-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Dang! Not even an honorable mention to those that were the first ones to ever run CMC in Texas back in '03. I have an S197 that could possibly be considered (in the distant future) of sweeping the CMC championship and once again back to back. :) See you guys at MSR-H!

David Love AI27
12-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Dang! Not even an honorable mention to those that were the first ones to ever run CMC in Texas back in '03. I have an S197 that could possibly be considered (in the distant future) of sweeping the CMC championship and once again back to back. :) See you guys at MSR-H!

Crap, thats all we need...next Burch and Wirtz will follow just to even the score...

rleng1
12-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Does that mean Todd Covini is coming as well??

Rsmith350
12-31-2012, 11:22 PM

Todd who?!

GlennCMC70
12-31-2012, 11:37 PM

If he does, he won't be on time.
And he best have the 2013 AI rules posted before he shows his face in public.

marshall_mosty
01-01-2013, 11:16 PM
We're all still waiting Glenn...

BlueFirePony
01-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Looks like waiting to return in November 2013 was the smart thing to do.
Seriously...no big changes and rules are still not out?!! Todd's got some 'splainin' to do. Todd, as a point of reference, this is the kind of thing that get's people to question leadership.

RichardP
01-02-2013, 04:57 PM

You didn't hear? The rules won't be released until after the first event. Everyone that guessed correctly on the rules will get to keep their trophies. People who guessed incorrectly will be stripped of their trophies and points and will forever be labeled "cheaters"...

Richard P.

Al Fernandez
01-03-2013, 03:43 PM
After the first event, the performance of each car will be evaluated and the rules adjusted to enable giving some of the performance of the faster cars to the slower cars.

Rsmith350
01-03-2013, 03:45 PM
After the first event, the performance of each car will be evaluated and the rules adjusted to enable giving some of the performance of the faster cars to the slower cars.
In true cMc fashion.....oh wait.......

RichardP
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM

Again, it's OK if you do this but you aren't supposed to tell the competitors ahead of time...

"Man, why is the entire AI field more than 5 seconds off of the front of the CMC field???"

:-)

Richard P.

Al Fernandez
01-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Rumor has it Todd is going to run his CMC1 spec convertible fox in AI, so you guys better not outrun him or you'll risk rules changes! lol

marshall_mosty
01-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Rumor has it Todd is going to run his CMC1 spec convertible fox in AI, so you guys better not outrun him or you'll risk rules changes! lol

Todd's already told me he'd fly the AI banner on his CMC1 car and show everyone that you CAN make a FOX Mustang (even a vert) run with the FR Boss 302S cars. LOL! He just needs to ensure he's not passed by the flying pig. I'd hate to see what those Manties look like. :)

Todd Covini
02-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Are you referring to the 2013 Highests Points scoring Musting in AI? :-)

marshall_mosty
02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm very curious to see what Mark L's car is like. In looking it over, I wouldn't easily think of something he's missing...

1. Motor setback against firewall... check
2. Remote wetsump due to #1... check
3. SLA up front... check
4. Huge motor with huge numbers... check (once it runs right)
5. Big brakes... check
6. Splitter... check
7. Wing... check
8. Diffuser... check
9. 24-way adjustable shocks... check
10. Damn near pro-built car... check
11. Need to tighten the nut behind the wheel... we'll see
12. Gives me a target... check

:)

chris-CMC#35
02-17-2013, 05:53 PM

Chris McComb
at least not in CMC

Ron Jones

Sean Richardson

Spencer Caudle

JJ

Jerry - I'm hurt... ;-)

ShadowBolt
02-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Jerry - I'm hurt... ;-)

I meant in Texas. You had left Texas before Jay and I started.

JJ