PDA

View Full Version : 6 day WARHORSE weekend

macstang
08-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Thursday 0700 leave Hattisburg ,MS Jerry has the race car on his trailor,I have the Red Rocket on my trailor. 0900 I get a flat and stopped to change a trailor tire,Jerry continues on to keep our 1000 dyno appointment. Get to the dyno and experience the worst customer service in my life, we were there 6 hrs, they took a 2 hour lunch break in the middle of our tuning time. Leave dyno at 4pm. Pull up at TWS gate at 950pm, drop car go to hotel. Get to track late,tired from drive over slept get to track late for test and tune. Get 1 1/2 sessions done ,exhaust comes loose during warm up lap of last session. Leave track go get hair cut, meet up with Dad go to Applebee's to with Jerry shity service we were there almost 2 hours. Saturday pratice and qual. goes fine. R1 start 6th make up to 1st spun, finished 5th. R2 invert start 6th in 1st by lap 3 finished 2nd. Sunday practice and qual go fine because Nasa was running behind start after lunch, raining just before grid. Start 4th in third by lap 2, go into turn three behind Corey car snaps loose crosses track runs in ditch rolls 4 times. Get back to paddock get car on trailor with trailor winch, 3 floor jacks and 12 ai/cmc drivers. Jerrys new 347 is overheating ,no times recorded Saturday for time trials so he runs 4 laps on last session and we load up. Get on the road starts raining and remember tool boxes are not covered. Get off 290 onto frontage road to put tarp over tool boxes, truck drives by,with passenger firing pistol out the window. Get back on 290 make it 5-6 mile enter construction zone, that has 4-5 inches of running water 3 cars in front of Jerry start bouncing off each other and the wall of the construction zone. Jerry slows but the car beside him hydros into the left front wheel of his tow vehichle ,breaking the stering knuckle and spindle, the car that hit him bouced off him back to the wall ,bounces off the wall almost hitting the trailor and runs just in front of me. Jerry truck goes strait to the wall drags the trailor down the wall destoying wheel ,flattening tire. Adrian stops but we are all OK. Anther car runs off road ,driver is getting out Spec Miata tow swipes door while driver is trying to get out, and runs into the ditch. Todd is on the cell phone with Adam, misses his exit and stops to help. Todd leaves to get his truck ,tow truck takes Explorer to shop after two hours of standind on the side of the Hwy we are headed to Todds house. Monday Get 1400 dollar estimate ,said hell no. David Love calls with offer to pick up parts and fix at Todds. Robb Liebbe calls with parts,air conditioned shop and lift.Get truck towed to Robs shop,Meanwhile Micah goes and buys 5 trailor tires ,4 to replace 4 truck tires on trailor and a spare, to avert later flats. Go to Robs to fix truck, Todds wife Sheryl is watching the kids. 630pm truck is fixed ,follow Rob back to Todds to pick up Jerrys trailor and kids. 850 leave Todds. Tuesday 0315 stop in Baton Rouge take 1 hour nap, get home 7am ,still have to unload. I love racing in Texas.

TEXAST1
08-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Damn! You know who to have a good time. 8)

marshall_mosty
08-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Jerry,
I'm just glad that all is okay and that you could get leave to "be late". I just hope that there is a way to salvage what is left of the car and build another for '07. It's great having both you and Micah at the track (Bull included).

Dust yourselves and the car off and see where you stand. If you need anything to get it back together, I'm sure that collectively in the group we could build a few cars from spare parts.

mitchntx
08-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Maybe try a Camaro on for size ... unless you just like it in the back of the pack. :wink:

oz98cobra
08-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Maybe try a Camaro on for size ... unless you just like it in the back of the pack. :wink:

Hey Mitch, guess you missed the part of his post that said "started 6th made it up to 1st..." - there were two of them! ;)

What a weekend! I don't ever want to hear any whining from the rest of the group about long hauls to Hallett or to MSRH, etc. again - or you'll be reminded of these guys effort - for every race! :shock:

macstang
08-08-2006, 10:59 AM
"Get off 290 onto frontage road to put tarp over tool boxes, truck drives by,with passenger firing pistol out the window..."

Apparently my husband and co-hort "forgot" to mention this detail to the wife!!! :x

-the wife
Cathie

Rob Liebbe
08-08-2006, 11:39 AM
That's how you say hello to your fellow motorists in Texas. It's normal.

David Love AI27
08-08-2006, 11:43 AM
"Get off 290 onto frontage road to put tarp over tool boxes, truck drives by,with passenger firing pistol out the window..."

Apparently my husband and co-hort "forgot" to mention this detail to the wife!!! :x

-the wife
Cathie

He was still in Texas... gun was not pointed at them... just in the air accompanied by WWWOOO WWWHHHOOO.... Texas is much like Vegas... What happens in Texas, stays in Texas.... please don't hold this against us, we love the "co-horts" and having kids around reminds us that we a one big family... When are you going to join us????

macstang
08-08-2006, 01:37 PM
i'll try and see ya'll in October!

NASA13
08-08-2006, 01:48 PM
i'll try and see ya'll in October!

you mean September. :D

macstang
08-08-2006, 02:22 PM
no, i mean October...this is the wife, I wont be going to Nationals with them.

NASA13
08-08-2006, 02:52 PM
no, i mean October...this is the wife, I wont be going to Nationals with them.

so confusing. You should register as Cathiestang.
I look forward to meeting you. We really enjoy having Micah and Jerry at the events.

mitchntx
08-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Hey Mitch, guess you missed the part of his post that said "started 6th made it up to 1st..." - there were two of them! ;)

Oh, I see how you Mustang guys score points now.

Kind of like not counting strokes till you are actually on the green, right?

8)

micah
08-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Cathie wasn't supposed to see the pistol part.

macstang
08-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Then why did ya put it in there ya goof!! I was looking over your shoulder as you were starting to write all that this morning, Micah!

Cathie

mitchntx
08-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Note to self ...

Never give wife the password ....

macstang
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Good tip Mitch, it was a way to get info while I was stuck, or on the long road home.

Password will be changing.

Ill force her to get her own username.

macstang
08-08-2006, 07:07 PM
password is changed...waiting to hear shit.....

macstang
08-08-2006, 07:09 PM
damn, shit heard already...

I need to do some consoling.