PDA

View Full Version : How much of the harness can I get rid of?

MikeS
01-13-2013, 09:59 PM
I pulled out the dash this weekend and will be cleaning that mess up this week.

There's a ton of spaghetti under the dash. Was thinking that I'd figure out what's not required any more and get rid of it for tidiness and a little bit of weight saving.

Anyone have a wiring diagram they can share? This is on an 01 Mustang.

Thanks for any help.

marshall_mosty
01-15-2013, 11:38 PM
I would suggest doing a google search for a Ford wiring harness... Very useful for my '89... I ended up going with a Painless after some DNF's due to electrical gremlins on a 19+ year old harness...

jdlingle
01-16-2013, 12:33 AM
FYI Mike I wasnt ever able to find a painless harness for a 96 up Mustang. They may be out there but they are harder to find I guess. I would have loved to have one of the lightweight simple ones like the Fox guys can get.

I just threw up my hands and made the puppy dog sad face at Wade every time I ever had a problem. Worked for me! YMMV :)

edrock96GT
01-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Somebody once said the best way to find which wires to remove.

Start the car, start cutting wires. If you cut one that kills the car, put it back. :D

cobra132
01-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Oldfuelinjection.com
Thedetailzone.com
Rjminjectiontech.com

cobra132
01-17-2013, 08:39 AM
I used the above references and parts sources to build a stand- alone engine harness for my 4.6 mod motor. Worked perfectly. But I have some major issues, OCD, bipolar and ever increasing per-senile dementia- ------- ---- what was I saying.

ShadowBolt
01-17-2013, 09:23 AM
My 2002 Mustang still has every wire that came in it. Tony was afraid to even cut the wires in the doors........because of the factory alarm. I would like to rip it all out.

JJ