PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Pranav
01-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Need some help getting the car finished up on Wednesday night. I'm hoping by then it's just body panels and getting the front radiator blockoff/box done, I'm finishing up the interior junk now. Located in the 1960/Kuykendahl area in Spring, cell # is 281 414 1482. As always pizza/beer will be served, and I'll have space heaters with the garage doors closed so it wont get cold (actually gets nice and toasty).

Another Q, anyone running an ATI damper + aluminum hub on the LT1? We threw in a Fel-Pro/National front crank seal and it leaked, so I put another seal of the same brand this weekend and it also leaks (less). ATI has recommended I try a GM OEM seal. Can't put on a repair sleeve as the hub is already sleeved out the box, just wondering if there is a seal floating out there with a smaller ID than what fel-pro puts out, and if that is the GM seal?

Crumpacker
01-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Can't make it down to help but I do have a suggestion. Save the radiator box for last. The current forecast has the weekend high at 62deg, I doubt cooling will be an issue.

Pranav
01-15-2013, 02:00 AM
Yeah, it holds rock solid at 200-205* with the fan on in the garage, so I'd actually prefer letting that fall off since I plan to go back in and "clean up" my radiator mounting after the event. I'll probably just go nuts with aluminum tape as a temporary solution at best.