PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on MSRH 2013 season opener

Al Fernandez
01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
I had just an awesome time being back in the group full time. I'd forgotten how busy you are trying to keep these sleds on the pavement! Apparently I'm firmly in the mid pack slackers :)

Big thanks to:
Wade, Wendy, and Gary for the 2012 year end video,
to everyone that pushed my car multiple times since the starter was working when it felt like it,
to Dan for excellent advice on the car
to Dave for letting us use his new giant tent for Friday night's party
to Jerry for not losing the car after he parked in front of me
to everyone that was involved in recovering over an hour of time we lost due to the fog

Oh, and a big congrats to all of our rookies that were out with us for the first time!! (John, John, William...all first race, right? Maybe second for John and William)

Fbody383
01-22-2013, 12:43 PM
I gotta thank Scott, Casey/Mindi (sp?) and Sean for helping me get the car together and scaring it with a transmission change.
And all the same people for pushing it (but not onto the trailer) when it wouldn't fire hot.
And Glenn for helping push to get the car sorted and ballasted and... and... and... At least he didn't spill anything in it during tech.

I distinctly remember thinking how hard the entire group was running with what seemed like front tire smoke off of some car in nearly every corner.

This might have been the best overall racing i'v had in my brief tenure with CMC. Just awesome!

rleng1
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks for a great weekend, as Team WaHoo made its debut. Thanks to Bryan Lienert from our Engine Dept, it getting the car to idle properly and for Rob Leibbe (co-driver), from our Chassis Dept, it getting the ole #77 setup stable. We still have opportunity in the car, and maybe we will run faster on track (pavement) than the dirt. Special thanks to Glenn for the technical questions, and helping Bryan with the math.
It looks to be a fun year with rookies, Sean and John/John, already making a statement.

Rob Liebbe
01-22-2013, 03:03 PM
I was racing!!!!!!! Wahooooo!!!!!!!

rleng1
01-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Is that what it is called when you go off into the carousel.
Looks like you are going for the Golden Helmet award.

Rob Liebbe
01-22-2013, 03:24 PM
More like laying a golden "egg".....

ShadowBolt
01-22-2013, 05:33 PM
More like laying a golden "egg".....

First off Al is full of $hit. He hit me because I had to stop to keep from hitting Wade (I did not touch Wade but Al did hit me). Also, Al is just mad because Team Jordan took him to the Woodshed this weekend besting him three out of four races. I even put the patented Glenn Landrum "Wing and a prayer" dive move on him in the first turn at the start of the second lap.

I owe thanks to James for telling me not to get so amped up and to slow down in the places where you can't be passed anyway. James, I really owe you the two seconds I got. First for not being there and second for the pep talk. It really did help. If you had seen my face after R3 you would have thought I had won the race. Al and I changed the lead three or four times.

JJ

AllZWay
01-22-2013, 06:08 PM
First off Al is full of $hit. He hit me because I had to stop to keep from hitting Wade (I did not touch Wade but Al did hit me). Also, Al is just mad because Team Jordan took him to the Woodshed this weekend besting him three out of four races. I even put the patented Glenn Landrum "Wing and a prayer" dive move on him in the first turn at the start of the second lap.

I owe thanks to James for telling me not to get so amped up and to slow down in the places where you can't be passed anyway. James, I really owe you the two seconds I got. First for not being there and second for the pep talk. It really did help. If you had seen my face after R3 you would have thought I had won the race. Al and I changed the lead three or four times.

JJ

Jerry... Sorry I tried to catch you after R3, but missed you at tech. That was a fun race to watch between you and Al.

Rsmith350
01-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Momentum BMW would like to thank all the guys whose cars I had to push this weekend cause I couldn't get out of bed Monday morning.......still sore.......

BryanL
01-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Momentum BMW would like to thank all the guys whose cars I had to push this weekend cause I couldn't get out of bed Monday morning.......still sore.......

Sounds like you need to start working out-getting old is a biatch-just ask Jerry. I'm going to the chiropractor for the first time ever on Monday after I hurt my back working on Randy's ride. I gotta start getting into racing shape-I do well until sat. morning rolls around.

Todd Covini
02-07-2013, 10:09 PM
I had a blast and it felt like old home to be back in the car! Thanks to everyone for an awesome AI/CMC weekend.