PDA

View Full Version : Paging Todd! 3 things i'm waiting on from TWS.

GlennCMC70
08-09-2006, 08:25 AM
#1) Points. yes i know Richard is doing it as fast as he can.
#2) R3 Winner Sticker.
#3) R4 Winner Sticker.

Adam, feel free to send me a couple since Todd ran out @ TWS.
:P

AI#97
08-09-2006, 08:44 AM
I too would appreciate items #2 and #3! but I will grab them at Houston....and maybe 4 more! :wink:

TEXAST1
08-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I like Matt's attitude!

Where in Plano are you?

AI#97
08-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Coit and Legacy...

I have to keep an edge on this Kevin!!! If Chris gets a motor back in that car, to win the championship, I MUST take both poles and win all 4 races....the pressure is ALL on me at this point. Missing race 2 this past weekend really hurt me in the points. :(

RichardP
08-09-2006, 11:03 AM
#1) The updated points spreadsheet was submitted for review yesterday morning. There are still issues being resolved because the results sheets were not fully correct.

Richard P.
#91 LX 5.0

donovan
08-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Matt, have you seen the roll I am on... I will be the Champion after Houston!

David D.

AI#97
08-09-2006, 12:08 PM

David D.

Well, as long as I have figured out the Anti-Theft BS I had this weekend....you might want to re-think the eledged "roll"..... :wink: You can be iron man, but honestly, if ANY of us have even 1 issue, you will be champ.....but trust me, I am going to do everything I can to make sure there are no issues on my end.

I will stand on my statement previous to TWS.... I am coming to houston to kick ass and chew bubble gum....and I ain't bringing any gum!

donovan
08-09-2006, 12:21 PM
My car will be fresh and ready! Bring it!

AI#97
08-09-2006, 01:20 PM
My car will be fresh and ready!

You're gonna need it! :twisted:

I love it!!! 3 days and the shit talking has already started! We have all got about 9 weeks to get ready to put up or shut up! goes to show how fun a close race in points can be! :D

macstang
08-09-2006, 02:39 PM

David D.

Well, as long as I have figured out the Anti-Theft BS I had this weekend....you might want to re-think the eledged "roll"..... :wink: You can be iron man, but honestly, if ANY of us have even 1 issue, you will be champ.....but trust me, I am going to do everything I can to make sure there are no issues on my end.

I will stand on my statement previous to TWS.... I am coming to houston to kick ass and chew bubble gum....and I ain't bringing any gum!

Be careful with the use of the word "ROLL" loosely.

TEXAST1
08-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Matt, you want me to be the Jamm Car? Mysterious engine problems at a strategic point in the race that come and go? :lol:

I am over in Parker Tx. East of 75 and Park. Yes, South Fork is here.

AI#97
08-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Matt, you want me to be the Jamm Car? Mysterious engine problems at a strategic point in the race that come and go? :lol:

I am over in Parker Tx. East of 75 and Park. Yes, South Fork is here.

Nah, I will just use Jay again! :wink: It is funny you mention that though because whoever was driving the bitch'n black camaro in March almost did that to JG....had I not been conservative about it I might have gotten a win sooner than I did. I just hope I am not the one with the mysterious ignition problems again! :shock:

TEXAST1
08-09-2006, 05:20 PM
My Dad was drivin Bitchin' not sure what he was doing other than being rusty and on a new track. I know he kept turn the ABS light on with wheel hop. :oops:

dirwin
08-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Chris,

Seeing the crap that is being talked already my Mr White, if you need some help, just give a shout, I might just have an extra 331 Scat crank, H-beam, SRP piston short block laying around come October if you need it for a weekend. :twisted:

David,

If you didn't know, I am a Ford Dealer and a Ford Motorsports distributor, if you need anything to help Mr. White fullfill his dream of third place, just call. :twisted: :twisted:

Matt,

Sorry, I had to do it to you! :roll: .

Had a blast Saturday, most fun I have had in a long time on the track. I can't wait for the point chase next year!

Dave

Todd Covini
08-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Things I'm working on since TWS (in order)...

1) Finalize RP's season points spreadsheet after R4 is official.
2) Post SofU presentation with additional general series info updates.
3) Round 6 Race Writeup
4) Matt White and Glenn Landrum's winner stickers
5) ...could there possibly be anything more important than #4??? :D

-=- Todd

PS- Mr. Irwin...you kicked butt this weekend and it was nice to see you on the proverbial podium on Saturday!!!

AI#97
08-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Chris,

Seeing the crap that is being talked already my Mr White, if you need some help, just give a shout, I might just have an extra 331 Scat crank, H-beam, SRP piston short block laying around come October if you need it for a weekend. :twisted:

David,

If you didn't know, I am a Ford Dealer and a Ford Motorsports distributor, if you need anything to help Mr. White fullfill his dream of third place, just call. :twisted: :twisted:

Matt,

Sorry, I had to do it to you! :roll: .

Had a blast Saturday, most fun I have had in a long time on the track. I can't wait for the point chase next year!

Dave

I am loving it!!!! Goes to show the AI group isn't as dead quiet as the week prior to TWS led me to believe! This is great! I too had a blast this weekend at my favorite track on the schedule.

Dave, if you give Marvel that motor for October...all I ask is that you bring your tank down for some fun too! I will do my best to spank the 331 and the 351 with my little ol' 301! We can all put on a great show for the end of the year.

Houstonites....what's the weather like down there in late October? I am guessing mid to low 80's and cold at night...? If that's the case, I need to find some ballast cause this motor LOVES cold air! :twisted:

Todd...quit slapping you gums or running your fingers and get back to work!!!! :lol:

dirwin
08-10-2006, 07:18 AM
Matt,

I will have the tank down in Houston in October for sure. Sporting a new SLA front suspension I might add :shock: Strut front + heavy car = bad camber curves & a mean push. What do you think will happen when the car doesn't push? :wink: I spent the day Saturday forcing the rear end out just to get the car to turn and the rear tires didn't like it. Imagine what it will be like with 371/374 when you don't have to wreck the rear tires to make it turn :D

On another note, you need to make nationals if you can. It is going to be a blast. Don't worry about the West Coast, Spencer took 1st and 2nd at Willow and that included beating the MM shop car with the other "tank", you should be very competitive.

Dave

AI#97
08-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Matt,

Imagine what it will be like with 371/374 when you don't have to wreck the rear tires to make it turn :D

On another note, you need to make nationals if you can. It is going to be a blast. Don't worry about the West Coast, Spencer took 1st and 2nd at Willow and that included beating the MM shop car with the other "tank", you should be very competitive.

Dave

Who knows?! But we did have a fun drag race down the front straight in R1 after my little computer hiccup! :wink:

Which SLA are you guys looking at? I wasn't aware one was available yet for the SN197's....

Dave, there are many more factors in going to nationals than just money....mostly, I am wanting to sell the car and risking it up there is the issue right now. I don't have a second thought about racing with our group in october because we all have respect for one another...however, at nationals, there is a LOT of money on the line for the top 3 spots and I just don't know those guys well enough like I do this group to know I won't get taken out.... my excitement about nationals is dwindling unless someone wants a ringer to drive their car.... :wink:

GlennCMC70
08-10-2006, 12:44 PM
so whats the issue w/ the results not being official??

donovan
08-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I think the CMC results are sorted out... the AI results were waiting for the hand scoring from T&S...

When I went off early in R4 I powered everything in the car down as a safety precaution... I then discovered the problem was just a loose shifter bolt, tightened up the bolts, refired the engine and went back to racing... I did however forget to turn the transponder back on... thus, we had to go to T&S for the backup... Should have it done soon. Its all my fault.

David D.

AI#97
08-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Its all my fault.

David D.

A Ha....no championship for you.... think soup NAZI voice! :lol:

David Love AI27
08-10-2006, 05:28 PM
I think the CMC results are sorted out... the AI results were waiting for the hand scoring from T&S...

When I went off early in R4 I powered everything in the car down as a safety precaution... I then discovered the problem was just a loose shifter bolt, tightened up the bolts, refired the engine and went back to racing... I did however forget to turn the transponder back on... thus, we had to go to T&S for the backup... Should have it done soon. Its all my fault.

David D.

Why do you have transponder on seperate switch? I have mine direct to master on/off... of course I don't have any computer type stuff so I can shut down entire system without loss of any data... just wondering...

donovan
08-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I have a master battery cut off, but it never gets turned off unless its an emergency or Tech is testing the system.

I have a master ignitions switch (Simple Key on) and a starter button. I have a switch for ABS, ABS test, Rad Fan, gauge lights, and Transponder.

I like all my electrical stuff to be on separate circuits. When I have electrical gremlins it helps to hunt stuff down.

I don’t cut power to the computer, my car seems to run better if I leave it on all the time…

I just have to remember to keep the Transponder turned on... I have only forgot to turn it on once is three years... well, now twice...

David D.

cmarvel
08-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Chris,

Dave

Thanks, I might take you up on it! We seem to have some upper engine issues to resolve too. I might also need some advice on that.

email is cmarvel (at) iracecars.net

David Love AI27
08-10-2006, 10:30 PM
I have a master battery cut off, but it never gets turned off unless its an emergency or Tech is testing the system.

I have a master ignitions switch (Simple Key on) and a starter button. I have a switch for ABS, ABS test, Rad Fan, gauge lights, and Transponder.

I like all my electrical stuff to be on separate circuits. When I have electrical gremlins it helps to hunt stuff down.

I don’t cut power to the computer, my car seems to run better if I leave it on all the time…

I just have to remember to keep the Transponder turned on... I have only forgot to turn it on once is three years... well, now twice...

David D.

I have two master cutoffs, one accessible to anyone outside the car and one near the shifter for the driver... switches consist of ignition coil, starter button, two fuel pumps that only work when there is oil pressure so there is a momentary switch to pressurize fuel if necessary.. rad fan, brake blower and guage lights... what is ABS???? LOL
and why do we have guage lights??

donovan
08-10-2006, 11:14 PM
gauge lights?

I used them in Houston!

marshall_mosty
08-11-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm planning on wiring the guage lights for 100% on. I didn't provision for that toggle switch when I drilled my new gage panel the other day... damn! :evil:

AI#97
08-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Ha! You guys and all your switches! I still use the ignition key and that turns on all my switches....1 for reverse lockout solenoid, 1 transponder and 1 guages....all three stay on all the time because they are powered off the old fan motor circuit which is "keyed" on....

Does this mean that mine is still a "street" car?! :lol:

marshall_mosty
08-12-2006, 09:30 PM
No Matt, Michael's car is still a street car... since it's still inspected and registered!! 8)

AI#97
08-12-2006, 09:34 PM
No Matt, Michael's car is still a street car... since it's still inspected and registered!! 8)

Yeah! Now that would rock because you can drive it to work if you wanted to!!!!